Just curious about seeing a upgraded Pearl Flip, something like a 9220 or 9230 with similar specs and trackpad like the new Pearl 9100. I'm liking the 9100, and might upgrade to one soon (upgrade date is TEN DAYS AWAY!!!), but would wait if there was a new Pearl Flip. I'm loving my 8220, but one with a bit more speed (well, 3G anyway) and horsepower would be awesome!
    02-07-10 05:17 PM
    The Flip is dead. I've heard of a Pearl slider, but that was quite awhile ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 06:22 PM
    The Flip is dead. I've heard of a Pearl slider, but that was quite awhile ago.

wrong, the flip still has a strong following. Also, i have been hearing that there will be a newer version and it will be released right after the essex 9650. i do not know the specs but i hear it may be going to sprint.
    02-07-10 08:48 PM
    wrong, the flip still has a strong following. Also, i have been hearing that there will be a newer version and it will be released right after the essex 9650. i do not know the specs but i hear it may be going to sprint.
    I realize the Flip had limitations, but I think they'd hit a home run if they beefed it up a bit on a Flip V2. I dunno if I'm gonna wait around for it though, maybe I might hold out for a 9100, but it looks like i can upgrade to a Bold 9700 next week for $129.
    02-08-10 03:50 AM
    Imagine this... take all the goodies out of the 9700 (processor, memory, camera, and screen) and stuff it into the flip. Winner? I think so!

Heck, I'm anxiously awaiting the 9130 (I'm assuming they'll made a CDMA/HSPA version) but an 9230 would be stellar. Alas, I'll probably settle for the c2 in the coming months.... I'm in no rush, but I miss my berry
    02-08-10 08:02 AM
    Let's hope not, I'm not a fan of the "consumer" devices RIM came out with.

02-08-10 08:23 AM
    I rarely see Pearl Flips. I still see the candybar Pearls more. Besides, that thing is fugly.
    02-08-10 09:51 AM
    The Flip was my first BB, and I wasn't really a fan of what was available with T-Mo at the time I got it. I really hated the tiny chiclet keys on the 8900, though I'm liking the look of the 9700's keys (haven't had my hands on one yet though).

I'm more into BB's now, but still like the form factor and look of the Flip. If they could trim the 9700 down and put it into a flip form factor, that would be a big win, IMHO.
    02-09-10 12:52 AM
    I liked my 8220, and would have loved it with a faster processor, more memory and OS5. I mean, it was a great phone, but it was slow as heck.

The main thing that rocks about the Pearl Flip is the external display that saves a ton on battery life, and how easy it is to lock/unlock the device (just flip it) without having to reach for the button on top of the device. Oh yes, and the keyboard was awesome, especially for typing while on the go.
    02-09-10 06:15 AM
    Well, the Flip was not a strong seller at all for RIM. They have not updated the device and view it as a loss.
    02-10-10 10:34 AM
    I have the Pearl Flip with Verizon and I love it! I'd hate it if they didn't release an updated version. It's the perfect phone for a female with nails and who likes a phone that easily fits into your front pocket. I'm worried about what I would upgrade to if they do not offer another flip.

"No More **** Dialing!!!" LOL!
    02-22-10 01:40 AM
    Let's hope not, I'm not a fan of the "consumer" devices RIM came out with.

what do you mean by consumer devices?
    02-22-10 03:22 PM
    no your wrong. the flip is dead. it has been discontinued and carriers are not calling in orders.
    02-24-10 10:02 PM
    Well, again, you are wrong. 82xx series is being discontinued and the 9650 won't see the light of day.

Wish I could confirm the slider Pearl. I heard a lot about the concept last year, but it's been dead air for a few months now. 91xx sounds like a go, just wish they'd make up their minds and release this thing already.
    02-24-10 10:09 PM
    Wth? Isn't the 82xx series the pearl flip? I'm sorry but it was an epic failure and rim has learned from its mistakes..at least I hope so.

02-24-10 10:24 PM
    Those who say the flip is discontinued... Um then why did the 9230 just pass through FCC inspection? https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...7L6ARCE20CW%27
    03-01-10 12:30 PM
    Those who say the flip is discontinued... Um then why did the 9230 just pass through FCC inspection? https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...7L6ARCE20CW%27
    That's an 8230, and the FCC certs were from a year ago.
    03-01-10 01:09 PM
    I rarely see Pearl Flips. I still see the candybar Pearls more. Besides, that thing is fugly.
    lol... i love all the ugly posts. it's a little, rectangle phone - looks just fine. people are funny about how their ego's are boosted because they wasted part of their time and money changing the color, etc. of a thing they carry. anyway... not my real point. after testing the flip phone, i didn't see any benefit over the pearl, as it seemed actually bigger. i guess there's better screen protection...
    03-02-10 11:44 AM
    The Pearl Flip, when closed, is thicker than the original Pearl, but is the same thickness as an original Pearl in the standard BlackBerry pouch. (It's also shorter and narrower than a Pearl in the pouch and has a longer screen). I find my Pearl Flip is gathering a lot less wear and tear than my old Pearl did, and I attribute this to being easier to hold, lock, and put away than the Pearl+pouch combination. (Ever have a BlackBerry jump out of its pouch when you pick it up the wrong way?) The small form factor is important to me and a flip design is tried-and-true as far as its durability. (Note that outside of qwerty and touchscreen phones, Verizon's current offerings are *all* flip style phones).

The Pearl Flip answered a lot of my concerns about my original Pearl. The new 9100 looks slick, but if there's no Flip counterpart, I'll keep my "ugly" 8230. So far, it looks like it will take the abuse while I wait.
    04-18-10 03:06 PM
    CX tweeted that the BB Oxford is a clamshell didn't say flip, just clamshell.

04-18-10 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD