03-29-18 09:52 AM
36 12
tools
    Just out of curiosity, will there be any announcements coming for the 2018 MWC or is there any time line that the next Blackberry might show some specific details?
    02-20-18 09:05 AM
    I dunno, they haven't teased anything as of yet which seems a little out of character, so perhaps not. KEYone and Motion had teases well ahead of their events.
    02-20-18 09:12 AM
    Will there be an announcement at the 2018 MWC?-screen-shot-2018-02-20-16.49.41.png

We can only clutch at straws like these, and the fact they are officially booked into MWC. You never know.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-20-18 10:53 AM
    I dunno, they haven't teased anything as of yet which seems a little out of character, so perhaps not. KEYone and Motion had teases well ahead of their events.
    Exactly what I am wondering. KEYᴼᴺᴱ anniversary party, you have gotta give the fans something!
    I would really hope for some sort of announcement!

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-20-18 11:51 AM
    Read a few articles on MWC.... none have mentioned BlackBerry. But when Jolla and HMD are making the list of those that have sent out official invites to the press/reviewers, you would think if BBMo had done so.... they would have made the list too.

Looking at MWC site, both BlackBerry and TCL are listed as Exhibitors - but BlackBerry is listed under IoT/M2M (which is what their focus in Mobile is these days). Neither is listed under official events... but maybe they are pulling a Samsung and having their own unofficial MWC event party?
    02-21-18 07:22 AM
    Possibly any TCL/BBMo "rumored devices" are not yet ready for prime time. I understand PKB takes for time to fine-tune than VKB, but I may be wrong.
    02-21-18 09:33 AM
    Possibly any TCL/BBMo "rumored devices" are not yet ready for prime time. I understand PKB takes for time to fine-tune than VKB, but I may be wrong.
    Not all devices shown at MWC will be available anytime soon... Samsung is probable the exception and not the rule in having devices ready.
    02-21-18 10:09 AM
    Read a few articles on MWC.... none have mentioned BlackBerry. But when Jolla and HMD are making the list of those that have sent out official invites to the press/reviewers, you would think if BBMo had done so.... they would have made the list too.

Looking at MWC site, both BlackBerry and TCL are listed as Exhibitors - but BlackBerry is listed under IoT/M2M (which is what their focus in Mobile is these days). Neither is listed under official events... but maybe they are pulling a Samsung and having their own unofficial MWC event party?
    It's not a question IF BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile will be there. That's a given and well known, since there's a KEYone 1 year party and all. Wether or not they have anything to announce by way of devices is something entirely different.
    02-21-18 10:51 AM
    It's not a question IF BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile will be there. That's a given and well known, since there's a KEYone 1 year party and all. Wether or not they have anything to announce by way of devices is something entirely different.
    I agree, both are going to be there as they are listed as Exhibitors. What I said was they hadn't invited any reviewers that I had seen articles from to any sort of "launch" event. Either they are giving you guys at the party and exclusive, or they just don't feel MWC will be the right time.
    02-21-18 02:49 PM
    I have to agree with Bla1ze ( Don’t tell Bla1ze I said that), no teasers at all, I’m not expecting anything big going into MWC, at most maybe some details about the Broze KEYone roll out which has been quiet since CES besides the China release
    Mecca EL and hplovecraft like this.
    02-21-18 11:25 PM
    Exactly what I am wondering. KEYᴼᴺᴱ anniversary party, you have gotta give the fans something!
    I would really hope for some sort of announcement!

On Instagram they posted a photo of a bronze KEYone. I believe it was stated that there would be one displayed at MWC. I anticipate that there will at least be announcements about the bronze one's availability (at the one year party?) and perhaps some good news for places like the US about better spec'd KEYones being released in the US. We have only had 3 gig ones available up to now.
    Of course this does not amount to an announcement about one of the new pkb devices that they said would be coming in 2018. Just speculating, maybe they will use the one year party as a place to drop hints about one of the future devices.
    02-22-18 04:27 AM
    On Instagram they posted a photo of a bronze KEYone. I believe it was stated that there would be one displayed at MWC. I anticipate that there will at least be announcements about the bronze one's availability (at the one year party?) and perhaps some good news for places like the US about better spec'd KEYones being released in the US. We have only had 3 gig ones available up to now.
    Of course this does not amount to an announcement about one of the new pkb devices that they said would be coming in 2018. Just speculating, maybe they will use the one year party as a place to drop hints about one of the future devices.
    Yeah following their Instagram, one gets the idea that we can expect a further availability of the Bronze KEYᴼᴺᴱ and the Black edition coming to US.

02-22-18 05:27 AM
    Better news for the USA would be signed carrier distribution contracts with sales orders placed.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    02-22-18 06:01 AM
    I have to agree with Bla1ze ( Don’t tell Bla1ze I said that), no teasers at all, I’m not expecting anything big going into MWC, at most maybe some details about the Broze KEYone roll out which has been quiet since CES besides the China release
    You may well be right.

I suppose there's a trail of thought that the Motion had no pre-release teasers either, and aside from Kevin's content, there was almost radio silence from the Dubai launch at first. It was a very staggered release, of course, but publicity could have been better executed.

Even if there are no new device announcements, I just hope that something constructive is planned for MWC (even carrier contracts, as suggested above). Last year's incarnation was a success for them, and it would be encouraging to see a repeat of that.
    02-22-18 11:22 AM
    Better news for the USA would be signed carrier distribution contracts with sales orders placed.
    That would be great for the "big picture" but I find it annoying that AT&T's contracts have caused the lack of availability for those who choose other carriers n+r want to buy unlocked. They have an exclusive on the space black KEYᵒⁿᵉ and theirs is 3 gig. So no black KEYᵒⁿᵉs whether 3 gig or 4 gig up till now in the US. When PRIV was released they had a 60 day exclusive among carriers. (You could buy unlocked at release, though).
    I just hope that other carriers get to offer them.
    Sprint, to their credit, has offered the silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    As for me, I prefer to buy unlocked but that is not for everyone.
    02-22-18 12:29 PM
    I think so. the deafening silence here on CB is a tell tale sign that something is up. Years past these guys would be digging, now that they are an extension of BB and BBMobile it's zipped up tight.

Looking forward to see what TCL comes up with. Hopefully something good. I'm really hating my K1. Coming from a 9810 I can't really do ANY of the things they way i used to with that smaller device. Having android (for me), isn't enough to replace the true utility of what the smaller BB's delivered. Don't get me wrong, K1 is a pretty good phone (besides being a little slow), I just hate the form factor. I'm just not a slab guy. No offense to those who are.

Roveer
    02-22-18 01:43 PM
    I think so. the deafening silence here on CB is a tell tale sign that something is up.
    Or that there simply isn't anything going on at MWC....

We know something is coming... just a matter of what (exaclty), when and where.
    02-22-18 02:08 PM
    why bother setting up a pavilion at MWC if you are only going to rehash phones from last year? some inspiration please.
    herbersh likes this.
    02-22-18 04:20 PM
    Or that there simply isn't anything going on at MWC....

We know something is coming... just a matter of what (exaclty), when and where.
    What : two pkb devices
    When : 2018
    Where : probably limited Markets
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-22-18 10:20 PM
    "Limited Markets" - I'm fine with that as long as the country I'm living in is part of it!
    02-24-18 12:26 PM
    "Limited Markets" - I'm fine with that as long as the country I'm living in is part of it!
    Eh, anyone who really wants one will just import it anyway
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-24-18 05:42 PM
    Eh, anyone who really wants one will just import it anyway
    Exactly... very happy with UK Black Edition KeyOne here in the US!

Wishing for KeyTwo to have an appearance but I am in agreement with Bla1ze... probably later
    02-27-18 01:49 PM
    For crying out loud! today is the last day of MWC and still not a glimpse or an intentional leak of any kind of new PKB devices. They built up great hype last year but now every1's mute. They've learnt nothing from competitors. Terrible marketing strategy
    tazcubed and Hissay like this.
    03-01-18 04:23 PM
    For crying out loud! today is the last day of MWC and still not a glimpse or an intentional leak of any kind of new PKB devices. They built up great hype last year but now every1's mute. They've learnt nothing from competitors. Terrible marketing strategy
    Actually maybe they did learn from last year and realized that they built the hype 3 months too early before the device even launched. Hype in the mobile space doesn't last that long. I prefer they show some sort of reveal when they are closer to actually launching the device.
    Qorax likes this.
    03-01-18 06:15 PM
    on the same page with you bro....but shouldn't they have been close by now. They kept talking about "2 new PKB devices" since CES in January and all the techs dudes suggested that in all probability there would be something to showcase MWC. Here we are nearly 2 months later and not even a leak. At least give me an image leak of a new PKB in the works! I've been waiting anxiously for an updated, better spec'd KeyOne.
    03-01-18 06:45 PM
36 12