Will the Z50 have a removable battery?

Posted Via Z10
    01-22-14 10:50 PM

Posted Via Z10
    Remains to be seen.
    01-22-14 10:57 PM
    I am not sure where I should have placed this thread. Perhaps it is in the wrong category or place....

Posted Via Z10
    01-22-14 11:11 PM
    Have they ever mentioned the Z50 before??
    01-22-14 11:50 PM
    I am not sure where I should have placed this thread. Perhaps it is in the wrong category or place....

Posted Via Z10

Rumored devices, but I moved it there for you.
    01-23-14 08:35 PM
    Maybe a double sim slot too? (wishful thinking)

Trusted Member Genius
    01-24-14 04:54 AM

Posted Via Z10
    Unlikely. Will most likely retain the Z30 form with built in battery.
    01-25-14 07:45 PM
    One problem that most users do not observe with built in battery handsets is that these phones are susceptible to bloating of the dying when the charging on the phones comes to more than 500 or more cycles in the periods of daily usage.
    Those who charges their phones once per 2 or 3 days needs not to worry until the day their contract ends, 2yrs later. However, to those who charges almost everyday, worse if an update cocks up the O.S. causing the phone to drains more faster... the built in batteries bloats, hence adding pressures against the screens or PCBs, dependent on the construction design.

This is why i still keep my 9520, 2x 9860, and perhaps the last battery removable Z10s.
    01-25-14 10:55 PM
    Hopefully won't be named the Z anything. They need to come out with a name. I think it is safe to say that the Z line hasn't been a sales success so continuing on with that naming convention isn't necessary.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 02:22 PM
    Hopefully won't be named the Z anything. They need to come out with a name. I think it is safe to say that the Z line hasn't been a sales success so continuing on with that naming convention isn't necessary.
    Regardless of that point, it does serve as a useful shorthand for that upcoming model until we know more about it.

I think that a removable battery is unlikely on a high-end all touch model, such a device needs to compete on things like device thickness and cannot really afford that extra couple of mm, providing that the next model increases the size of its battery compared with a z30 to offset the battery reduction of the increased specs that would be fine for most people.
    01-27-14 06:24 AM
    They need to name it like. BlackBerry vX2

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the name of the product has that much to do with it.

BlackBerry 10 is still a new platform. It takes time.

Of course, naming it the "BlackBerry Chuck Norris" may also help...
    01-27-14 08:53 PM
    i need to be able to hot swap batteries, it is the one of the best things everyone else has over iphone, battery issues are the biggest issues, they need to stick to the a game and not follow the sheep, at least is you kill the battery you can buy a new one, not buy a new phone.

its a game changer for me
    KDB84 and CollBERRY like this.
    01-30-14 07:57 AM
    For now my guys I love the battery of the z30, if they are able to keep this quality and decrease the weight, I would be happy. Especially to manage a quadcore or 8 core weather they will put.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:21 AM
    i need to be able to hot swap batteries, it is the one of the best things everyone else has over iphone, battery issues are the biggest issues, they need to stick to the a game and not follow the sheep, at least is you kill the battery you can buy a new one, not buy a new phone.

Or have to take it in and pay someone to replace something that the consumers can replace themselves
    02-01-14 05:47 PM

This is a great idea. If you could plug the phone in, and it would keep running as you swap the battery, that would be a game changer. I wish they would do that.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:35 AM
    This is a great idea. If you could plug the phone in, and it would keep running as you swap the battery, that would be a game changer. I wish they would do that.

Posted via CB10
    I've been advocating on these forums for this for a while.
    I'd rather they put a small capacitor in the phone so one doesn't have to plug it in.
    You have two minutes of charge to get the battery swap done and the phone will stay on.

Posted via CB10
    Gerii likes this.
    02-14-14 05:13 PM
    Furthermore. I would like wireless charging in all future high end BlackBerry devices.

I would love to buy a Verizon z30 if I knew it would work on Bell canada network

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:05 AM
    If it does, that leaves the door open for ZeroLemon support, which is AWESOME.
    02-17-14 02:14 PM