Hi all,

Today I read review of Z30 on blackberryOS.com and they compare all BB10 devices to Z30 in spec sheet they list Z10 screen as IPS LCD with 353ppi rez. iPhone and LG also use IPS LCD than way their screens looks more brighter full with color and Z10 screen still looks dull as old blackberry except more ppi.

Here is link

BlackBerryOS.com - The BlackBerry Z30 Review - Bigger, Faster But Is It Better?

11-25-13 11:14 PM
    for power saving wise i think
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-25-13 11:39 PM
    I know it won't help now but there is a setting in the latest leak 10.2.1.1055 that allows you to change the white balance. I believe that is where the difference between the Z10 and the iPhone screen lies. They had probably chosen the setting before to represent a natural white whereas on the iPhones the whites are much cooler. You could do this with LCD TVs and monitors too. You could make them cooler or warmer. Same thing. The white balance adjustment on my Q10 has made the colours pop out a lot more than it did before. If you run this leak beware of little bugs. If you can wait a bit and try it when it is official I think you'll find the Z10 screen to be just as good or better.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-25-13 11:53 PM
    I know it won't help now but there is a setting in the latest leak 10.2.1.1055 that allows you to change the white balance. I believe that is where the difference between the Z10 and the iPhone screen lies. They had probably chosen the setting before to represent a natural white whereas on the iPhones the whites are much cooler. You could do this with LCD TVs and monitors too. You could make them cooler or warmer. Same thing. The white balance adjustment on my Q10 has made the colours pop out a lot more than it did before. If you run this leak beware of little bugs. If you can wait a bit and try it when it is official I think you'll find the Z10 screen to be just as good or better.
    I am running 10.2.1.1055 on my Z10 and already tried what you said. adjust screen brightness and white balance still cant match with iPhone. I think Z10 has regular LCD not IPS LCD not sure but way its look.
    11-25-13 11:58 PM
    Maybe I am in the minority here, but I think the iphone has one of the most washed out looking screens that I ever saw. Overly bright, colors do not look natural to me at all. Way too transparent to me with no richness or depth of color at all. When I was checking out Z10's and Z30's over the weekend, one of my friends who has owned nothing but iphones the last five years made a comment on how he wished his screen looked more like the Z30 because of the richness of it.

Personally, I am happy the Z10 and 30 look as they do, as the iphone and most android do not appeal to my eyes in the least bit
    daithiD likes this.
    11-26-13 12:14 AM
    I am running 10.2.1.1055 on my Z10 and already tried what you said. adjust screen brightness and white balance still cant match with iPhone. I think Z10 has regular LCD not IPS LCD not sure but way its look.
    As you can see from the previous poster, how a screen looks is subject to individual perception and preference. I think the iPhone screens are also to washed out but many people see it as bright and vibrant. All the Z10s I've seen have very high quality displays. Colours are more natural and although the backlight doesn't make it really bright it looks better to me and it is more comfortable to my eyes than an iPhone. Z10 screen is at its brightest in the sun even if brightness is turned up to max. Once again, that's my opinion and preference. Many Android devices also look quite nice but they all use different screens and some I've found to be too cool with their whites. I must say though the one S-LCD I really like is on the HTC One.
    11-26-13 11:55 AM
    ...just increase the display brightness.

That was an easy fix, eh fellas?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 11:29 PM
    I've had both iPhone and Android in the past few years... jumped on the band wagon so to speak. Anyway. They both left me flat with the over all screen look. I for one think the BlackBerry look is much better. Maybe it's just me but the blackberry screen (z10) looks thicker if that makes any sense. Maybe richer is a better word. Glad to be home again.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:08 AM
    Yes, notice its look better after installing Kitkat launcher, So I think BB10 theme is not appealing specially that grey shades around icons destroying overall look of OS. is it possible to remove those icon shadow.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    12-08-13 09:56 PM
    Yes, notice its look better after installing Kitkat launcher, So I think BB10 theme is not appealing specially that grey shades around icons destroying overall look of OS. is it possible to remove those icon shadow.
    You speak the truth, my friend. Our OS, while super functional, doesn't have enough eye candy. Actually, it doesn't have any.

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    12-08-13 10:06 PM
    I have all three platforms and yeah, there is a difference. IMO

Sent from my Q10
    12-08-13 10:22 PM