06-28-10 06:31 AM
41 12
tools
    I mean SRSLY by now we knew almost everything about the S1 and S2, but aside from a so-called "review" from somebody that never answered my questions, we have not heard pretty much ANYTHING!
    06-14-10 10:11 PM
    Don't cry about it. Technically, we aren't supposed to know anything about any unreleased phone. Be thankful people are putting their careers at risk so they could give free information to spoiled internet strangers that always demand their questiions get answered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 10:42 PM
    I was merely curious, but on reflection i may have been a bit severe.
    06-14-10 11:07 PM
    I know how ya feel.

i pray almost every night (ok.....not that often lol) that when i wake up there will be some bit of news on the storm3. There are so many phones on other platforms that are leaking like crazy (read: android)

I just want somethin to keep a loyal RIM fan happy

Damn....throw a dog a bone lol
    06-15-10 12:01 AM
    Because no RIM employee has got drunk and left it at a bar ....yet.
    06-15-10 12:15 AM
    lol well will someone please give some RIM employees some alcohol. Please!

lol send me their addresses and i'll send them whatever they want lol
    06-15-10 12:22 AM
    I still say Kevin and team needed to duct tape one of the RIM guys to a chair and get some concrete info.

RIM should be thinking of a little strategic leak to keep people in their seats. Especially with the media blitz behind the iPhone 4, Droid X, and other devices. Drop some specs somewhere or something. Either they are not being marketing savy or the device is not competitive and a leak of info would not impress anyone.

06-16-10 07:00 AM
    Either they are not being marketing savy or the device is not competitive and a leak of info would not impress anyone.

Haha, that's pretty funny!! Cause I think that's exactly the reason!!

It's most likely another weak upgrade from the S2 and a complete dissappointment. So at this point when the Droid X comes out on July 19th, I will be taking a look at that and might even pick that up. Unless, **** freezes over and we see a leak and the S3 is basically a groundbreaking device. Maybe something like the one in the Elecite article and pics.

I'm gonna go back to work now and keep dreaming
    06-16-10 10:53 AM
    It's most likely another weak upgrade from the S2 and a complete dissappointment. So at this point when the Droid X comes out on July 19th, I will be taking a look at that and might even pick that up. Unless, **** freezes over and we see a leak and the S3 is basically a groundbreaking device. Maybe something like the one in the Elecite article and pics.
    Droid X here you come!
    06-16-10 11:15 AM
    Droid X here you come!
    It looks like it at this point. Just not sure if I'm too fond of the top part of the phone that juts out where the camera is. Gotta take the good with the bad thou. I can't keep holding onto the bad(S1) and hoping it will miraculiously become better(S3)
    06-16-10 12:55 PM
    i must admit that i was pretty impressed with the DroidX stuff on engadget yesterday. I pretty solid on BB cause it really fits my needs when i travel out of the country. Now i'm starting to think about using my upgrade that i have waiting (that i was trying to hold out for the S3 if there was such a device) on the Droid X, and just keep my tour to use when i go on global travel (bbm) Basically

BBM is the only thing at this point keeping me from jumping ship 100%
    06-16-10 01:06 PM
    BBM is really the only thing that makes me keep my BB also or I probably would've gotten the Incredible. I have like 30 contacts on BBM and I use the BBM groups a lot talk talking sports and ish with my friends in other states and friends I don't see a lot.
    I'm on OS .591(S1) and and while I know how to work around the few bugs it has the web browser, besides being bad in general, is really slow and the memory leak has gotten predominatly worse making me even more frustrated in general.
    The S3 might finally be the last straw if RIM doesn't do something to compete. I mean while I know it most likely won't compete with the Droid X spec wise, they really need to show me something or I'm dunzo...
    06-16-10 02:45 PM
    Yeah i agree if the S3 is a flop or if there isn't even an S3 and they come out with a slider or a clamshell then i will really really look at getting the DroidX and keeping the Tour as my back up. Personally i really dislike clamshells and sliders

BBM works awesome for me when i'm traveling internationally cause its covered under the unlimited data plan that i swap to while abroad.
    06-16-10 02:56 PM
    Yeah i agree if the S3 is a flop or if there isn't even an S3 and they come out with a slider or a clamshell then i will really really look at getting the DroidX and keeping the Tour as my back up. Personally i really dislike clamshells and sliders

BBM works awesome for me when i'm traveling internationally cause its covered under the unlimited data plan that i swap to while abroad.
    Better get the DroidX now, then, because the clamshell is coming out exclusively on Verizon sometime later this year, and the S3, assuming it even exists, wouldn't be coming out until sometime next year.
    06-16-10 03:04 PM
    Better get the DroidX now, then, because the clamshell is coming out exclusively on Verizon sometime later this year, and the S3, assuming it even exists, wouldn't be coming out until sometime next year.
    yeah thats what i'm afraid of
    06-16-10 03:08 PM
    The S3 has to come out this year, or maybe I should say better. I would assume that it would stick to a yearly upgrade and come out Oct/Nov just like the other Storms did. Just cause we haven't saw a leak of the phone yet doesn't make me believe that it won't follow that pattern. Now if we get to late August, early Sept then I might start to think other-wise.
    06-16-10 03:57 PM
    The only things I can think of are:
    1. RIM has REALLY clamped down on leaks on the S3, which can only mean it's so game-changing that they want to shock the world when it gets out
    2. because it is really just a 9800 without the slider part, the figure that they will use the slider for beta-testing, then only until just before release will they make prototypes without the slider. if it's close enough then this strategy will work because the only difference is the lack of keyboard, one-piece construction, and miner internal rearrangement. it would be the same as the slider if you had it permanently glued shut.
    3. the S3 is currently not in development. wether because they are scrapping it or delaying it until 2015 (in order to meet all of our demands for 8gb app memory, etc)
    06-16-10 04:21 PM
    With that article by bbleaks about the BB being released this year, it looks like maybe the S3 actually won't be released this year which really sucks.
    I really hope the reason it is held back is because it is really game changing and not because the OS6 on it is so messed up its almost like .65 for the S1. Haha....

06-16-10 09:08 PM
    If S3 is delayed to next year, it's because it's an LTE device. If you get yourself into a snit and buy something else, you'll still want to switch again when the VZW 4G network is rolled out.

06-17-10 10:43 AM
    Bring on the BlackBerry Triton!
    06-17-10 02:01 PM
    Bring on the BlackBerry Triton!
    What is the triton?
    06-17-10 03:27 PM
    What is the triton?
    First waterproof Blackberry
    06-17-10 04:06 PM
    The Storm 3 could be a total hit I think if they ditched the Surepress bs. Make it strictly capacitive touch like the iphone and HTC EVO and I picture a much more solid and sexy device. Then give it a real web browser, Wifi hotspot capability, 1Ghz processor, 1 GB memory, best in class screen resolution, at least a 5mp camera with dual LED flash, and ability to record video at 720p resolution.

If they did something like that, while keeping all of the "easy" Blackberry stuff like push email, I would be like dude, your iphone 4 (or whatever) sucks compared to this powerhouse. I'm guessing if it's not on the schedule for 2010 then it could very well be RIM's first LTE phone for Verizon, which would also be super hot.
    06-17-10 05:27 PM
    I love my Storm 2 and I'm very excited about the rumored 3. I do not, however, have any expectations that this device will be a trend setter or technologically superior or even equal to, some of the other brands that are out there. While many condemn RIM for their market stance, I for one will say that I have no problem with it. I don't need the fastest/greatest/coolest, most advanced phone available. That's all a waste of time and money as the phone becomes technologically inferior before it even left the store. I do have an expectation of a device that continues to meet and/or exceed my needs with improvements on performance and features and thus far, RIM continues to do that. For me, that's good enough for the time being and, depending on what we learn, I'll be one of the first ones in my town, to be in line to get the 3 when it's released (assuming it IS released, lol).

And Brandon, I'm adding this as I saw your post just as mine hit the screen, so I'm adding this Edit: Eliminating SurePress, in my book, might be a deal breaker for me. I know there are many others who feel the same so be careful, just because that's your wish, it does not mean it's the wish of everyone else. One of my primary objections to the Jesus phone (other than it being on the HORRIBLE, AT&T) was the touch screen. It drove me nuts and I see far more potential for errors than I do with SurePress.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-17-10 at 05:43 PM.
    06-17-10 05:40 PM
    The Storm 3 could be a total hit I think if they ditched the Surepress bs. Make it strictly capacitive touch like the iphone and HTC EVO and I picture a much more solid and sexy device. Then give it a real web browser, Wifi hotspot capability, 1Ghz processor, 1 GB memory, best in class screen resolution, at least a 5mp camera with dual LED flash, and ability to record video at 720p resolution.

If they did something like that, while keeping all of the "easy" Blackberry stuff like push email, I would be like dude, your iphone 4 (or whatever) sucks compared to this powerhouse. I'm guessing if it's not on the schedule for 2010 then it could very well be RIM's first LTE phone for Verizon, which would also be super hot.
    why all the hate for surepress. Surepress is awesome for typing purposes, i am a ton more reliable in my typing then people i know with a nexus one or iphone etc. I would be willing to bet most of the surepress haters have never even tried it. I can type faster on my storm2 then i could on my Tour or curve 8330 or curve 8900. I only wish they allowed you to control the click and how it interacts with events better.

And Brandon, I'm adding this as I saw your post just as mine hit the screen, so I'm adding this Edit: Eliminating SurePress, in my book, might be a deal breaker for me. I know there are many others who feel the same so be careful, just because that's your wish, it does not mean it's the wish of everyone else. One of my primary objections to the Jesus phone (other than it being on the HORRIBLE, AT&T) was the touch screen. It drove me nuts and I see far more potential for errors than I do with SurePress.
    I fully agree, like I said I wasn't sure about surepress until I used it for myself. Now i feel it is one thing that does set apart the Storm from other touchscreen devices, in a very positive way. The old surepress on storm1 with the one button was crappy, but the storm2 method utilizing the piezo disc system works very well and it is a good system. Like I said most Surepress haters have never used the technology or used it for an hour and didnt get through the learning curve.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 06-17-10 at 07:47 PM.
    06-17-10 07:33 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD