10-04-10 11:26 AM
159 ... 4567
tools
    I'll wait for the next version. I wasn't that impressed with OS6 (personal opinion) so getting another phone just for the OS upgrade isn't for me.
    09-25-10 08:03 PM
    I don't know. RIM shouldn't have the need to be another Apple, but a better RIM. They're trying too hard to be the former. They need to find something beyond what they did with push email. Instead, they're catering to people looking at their phones instead of using them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 08:19 PM
    lmao, the OS will NEVER be ready, this is RIM for gods sake. There are still bugs in 900+ builds
    there are bugs in every OS. Android isn't bug-free by any stretch of the imagination. Neither is iOS.
    09-25-10 08:26 PM
    It's a matter of who minimizes the effects of those bugs

09-25-10 09:24 PM
    As others have already stated in this thread, the only way I'd get the refresh is if it were offered at a discounted rate for current 9550 owners like myself. It'd also be nice if it didn't burn up my upgrade from Verizon. Since the latter is a pipe dream at best, and the former is still highly unlikely, I'll hold out for the proper Storm 3. There's no sense in wasting either just to run OS6. My 9550 works perfectly fine for what I need it for (though it did require a hybrid OS to do so).

Still, DevCon may make or break my sticking with RIM. If we hear absolutely nothing about the S3, or if the specs don't match or come close to those others on these forums have listed as wishes for it, I'm seriously considering the HTC Incredible (since it doesn't look like the Desire HD will make it to the states).
    09-26-10 05:12 AM
    I would definitely get the refresh i would hope as the guy above me said about it being a discount price or maybe a free upgrade to the refresh for whoever is using a storm 9550/9520, i have noticed in my college in the uk there is alot of blackberry's not very many storms so rim wouldn't loose that much money i know my college is a small percentage of the blackberry fanbase in the uk but it still counts for something and i certainly wouldn't turn away from a free upgrade to a newer spec phone
    09-26-10 06:39 AM
    No way

09-26-10 01:32 PM
    I got what I need here with Opera 4.2 and the latest hybrid from bbtweaks. Like I said earlier, it's a phone first, everything else second

09-26-10 05:34 PM
    I'm looking forward to the refresh coming out. I'm a Storm1 user and my main complaint is memory... or lack thereof. A new OS with more memory and WiFi with similar battery life (My biggest complaint of android devices) and better screen tech is good enough for me.

I'm actually not looking forward to LTE... what is Verizon's pricing (My main concern)? And the new Playbook OS that they're going to use for the Storm3/4/LTE version... Security? Bugs? Personally I'm not really looking forward to that tech... not next year anyway. It should be ironed out and ready in some nice BBs by the time my next NE2 is up in 2012. Do people remember Android 1.6 compared to 2.2? Or the bugs in iOS until 4.1? Atleast I know the fundamental kernel for OS6 (OS5) is fairly mature at this stage. Yeah yeah, there are still bugs but there will always be bugs.

Is RIM behind? Yup. Is the Storm using outdated tech? Yup. But it still does what I need my phone to do perfectly. The storm fulfills a niche that I seem to fall into. I think the storm should continue the slow steady progress it has been making and market the LTE/QNX/Playbook OS phone as something different. If there is room for the Bold, Curve, Pearl, Pearl Flip, Torch, and Style, then there is room for the Storm and the new LTE/QNX phone. Call it something else. Leave my Storm alone! LOL...
    09-29-10 03:54 PM
    The headphone jack is intermittent on my storm2 and my one year date is in Dec. Is there a chance I can get a storm3 under warranty if I wait a while longer?
    09-29-10 08:28 PM
    The headphone jack is intermittent on my storm2 and my one year date is in Dec. Is there a chance I can get a storm3 under warranty if I wait a while longer?
    Highly unlikely. People are still getting 9530s replaced with 9530s.
    09-29-10 08:38 PM
    LOL, man is he dreaming!! I have begun to read posts lately though, that S1 owners have on occasion, begun receiving S2 warranty replacements. But the person who posted that question has to be in la la land if he thinks they're going to bypass the bazillion 2's they have in stock and give him a device that is not yet even released! Nice dream, though.

Highly unlikely. People are still getting 9530s replaced with 9530s.
    09-29-10 10:22 PM
    *putting my fire suit on* Here goes. Storm1 button started going out, got a dumbphone, got the BOGO Droid before they disappeared.

My wife and I hate this phone. Have had it for 2 months to try to learn to like it. Customized the crap out of it. A year later and it is barely adequate as a phone with ITS os upgrades. I still am having a hard time justifying that if you want something like a user friendly call log or notepad that you have to download a 3rd party app. Yeah, great browser with flash n all but I am ready to throw this phone at the wall because I have low tolerance for something billed as a smartphone yet it must be taught how to operate. And yes I know how to use it, its not user error. Moto has built a decent phone (obviously) its just not for me.

I'll get the playbook and tether it to the refresh s3 and I'll be happy as a dog wit a tbone.

My s1 is staring at me just begging to be used.

Last edited by gjbsource; 09-29-10 at 10:45 PM.
    09-29-10 10:42 PM
    I will be unpopular and say that I am looking forward to the storm refresh. I will try to get it if / when it's available on VZW. I am on 9630 number four right now and it has been a miserable experience. I have tried to stay loyal to Blackberry and VZW but I'm desperate for a new device. I love BB but have looked at all of the options including the Android devices. Truthfully this refresh has me mildly excited with the memory, OS 6 and camera update and is also what I am familliar with and what I use my device for. I am eagerly awaiting more news...
    09-30-10 09:04 AM
    Good question. I'm a week into owning a Droid X and reactivated my Storm 1 yesterday because email is such a buggy junk show with the Droid. Going back and still using the Droid via WiFi has me thinking a not so major update would be fine if I get a phone that does not need frequent battery pull and had a fast browser.

I hope I get news of better Verizon Blackberry options before I loose the option to return the Droid.

If the refresh is not major I doubt it would be a 4G phone and bet I could sell a used Droid X easier than I could a used Storm 3.

Fingers crossed because I love Blackberry message handling but want the speed the Droid has.
    09-30-10 09:21 AM
    waiting waiting waiting waiting for LTE storm
    09-30-10 09:28 AM
    I will be unpopular and say that I am looking forward to the storm refresh. I will try to get it if / when it's available on VZW. I am on 9630 number four right now and it has been a miserable experience. I have tried to stay loyal to Blackberry and VZW but I'm desperate for a new device. I love BB but have looked at all of the options including the Android devices. Truthfully this refresh has me mildly excited with the memory, OS 6 and camera update and is also what I am familliar with and what I use my device for. I am eagerly awaiting more news...
    To me Storm9570 makes sense for someone coming from a different device, but getting it as an upgrade to 9550 doesn't. The same goes for the Bold not being a huge upgrade from Tour.
    09-30-10 09:30 AM
    yeah have the S1. third one warranty replacement (both times I dropped into a lake/river), and this one has been the worst. The button doesn't pop up on it's own half the time unless I bend the entire frame of the phone.
    09-30-10 09:58 AM
    waiting waiting waiting waiting for LTE storm
    is the S3 going to be on LTE? (sorry if this has been covered already)
    09-30-10 12:53 PM
    Having been essentially satisfied with a pair of S1 since 12/08 (one replaced after droppage in the the dog dish , one replaced when hard keys died), and now being eligible to replace/upgrade (I think, I can't understand the terms, and I used to be a lawyer!)...the proposed 9570 sounds just fine. We don't care about rings, bells, and whistles, and learning a whole new system/hardware doesn't really appeal either.
    My two cents from this old f*hrt customer.
    09-30-10 12:57 PM
    is the S3 going to be on LTE? (sorry if this has been covered already)
    No. the S3 is going to be a S2 with more memory.
    The Storm 4 will be 4G. If it's still called a Storm
    09-30-10 01:38 PM
    Actually, I'm not sure it's been CONFIRMED by anyone official, that the S3 will--or will not--be LTE compatible. Everything I've read has been pure speculation.

The 9570 is a basic, Storm 2 with more memory and OS6 installed. There have been no announcements about the S3 in terms of release dates, LTE or anything else. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    09-30-10 03:42 PM
    no one knows ****....the "refresh" isnt even named yet. it might be the storm 3 and it might now. The next actual storm with be LTE though probably
    09-30-10 04:21 PM
    Actually, I'm not sure it's been CONFIRMED by anyone official, that the S3 will--or will not--be LTE compatible. Everything I've read has been pure speculation.

The 9570 is a basic, Storm 2 with more memory and OS6 installed. There have been no announcements about the S3 in terms of release dates, LTE or anything else. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    And just to put a spin on things, BBleaks on Twitter reporting Verizon may have cancelled the 9570. Ah, rumors!
    09-30-10 05:14 PM
    And just to put a spin on things, BBleaks on Twitter reporting Verizon may have cancelled the 9570. Ah, rumors!
    oh i know! i was kinda disappointed at first, but maybe the S3 is coming faster than they thought?
    09-30-10 06:09 PM
159 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD