10-04-10 11:26 AM
159 ... 34567
tools
    EnergyPlus, why even bother with people such as these? Just hit the ignore button!
    09-23-10 11:09 PM
    I've been on CB for about a year now and never knew there was an ignorant button... I mean ignore button. Where might I find this?

And to get back on topic, I will probably get the refresh. But one thing I haven't seen is a speculated price. Anyone know what it might go for? If its the usual $200 with 2 year contract, I might skip it. But we'll see

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 11:17 PM
    To invoke ignore (best done from a PC) you need to be on the HTML site, as it is not available on the WAP (BB friendly site ). Click on the person's name, and select View Profile, then click on User Lists, then select Add to Ignore List. If you must do it from a BB you can scroll down to the bottom of the Forum, lower left and you will see a link to switch to the HTML site.

EDIT: I just went ahead and removed the arguement, it got a little to personal for my tastes. Folks, no one earned a warning, BUT please watch it with the personal attacks, name calling, etc!
    09-23-10 11:22 PM
    To invoke ignore (best done from a PC) you need to be on the HTML site, as it is not available on the WAP (BB friendly site ). Click on the person's name, and select View Profile, then click on User Lists, then select Add to Ignore List. If you must do it from a BB you can scroll down to the bottom of the Forum, lower left and you will see a link to switch to the HTML site.
    Maybe ALL OF US should do this and there will be ZERO ACRIMONY from here on out (stated only slightly tongue-in-cheek...) (have u deleted the rude comments I complained about within the past hour???)
    09-23-10 11:28 PM
    Not trying to call you out PK, just wanted to add: Storm users can't do it this way with the native browser; must use Bolt or Opera Mini. The native browser will take you to the member's page. I just tried it and wound up on Derwent's page.
    09-23-10 11:30 PM
    I've been on CB for about a year now and never knew there was an ignorant button... I mean ignore button. Where might I find this?

And to get back on topic, I will probably get the refresh. But one thing I haven't seen is a speculated price. Anyone know what it might go for? If its the usual $200 with 2 year contract, I might skip it. But we'll see

The ignorant button is by default depressed for some people the moment they signed up for Crackberry forums. It makes it harder to find the other ignore button. Just kidding.

My faith will fail in RIM if they put out the refresh for $200 with a 2-years contract.
    09-23-10 11:32 PM
    I'm gonna place my money on $189.00 (giving them some margin for the 3 if/when it comes out). That is more or less the margin between the 2 and the 1. It grew pretty drastic within 3 or 4 weeks within the release of 2, if memory serves, to half price. Things are even more competitive now, so perhaps it'll be suprisingly less! Anyone care to start a pool, lol.

The ignorant button is by default depressed for some people the moment they signed up for Crackberry forums. It makes it harder to find the other ignore button. Just kidding.

My faith will fail in RIM if they put out the refresh for $200 with a 2-years contract.
    09-23-10 11:50 PM

For fear of a warning I will not comment on your insipid remarks... Basically, I'm a little too slow right now to figure out if you were referring to me as being ignorant or that other guy.

Irregardless, I agree with your second comment... I don't think ANY previous storm owners should buy the S2R at that price just by principal alone. It would show RIM that we are fine with mediocrity and will continue to waste our money for very insignificant changes to an existing device. If anything, they should hand them out as replacements for those of us that have stayed loyal (ha, yeah right)

09-23-10 11:53 PM
    For fear of a warning I will not comment on your insipid remarks... Basically, I'm a little too slow right now to figure out if you were referring to me as being ignorant or that other guy.

Irregardless, I agree with your second comment... I don't think ANY previous storm owners should buy the S2R at that price just by principal alone. It would show RIM that we are fine with mediocrity and will continue to waste our money for very insignificant changes to an existing device. If anything, they should hand them out as replacements for those of us that have stayed loyal (ha, yeah right)

If it's insipid to you then don't be bothered with it to begin with. I wasn't referring to anyone by, the way.

If RIM would hand out refreshes for a trade-in plus a nominal cash amount, that would be way awesome. Nigh impossible though.
    09-24-10 12:21 AM
    I wouldn't buy the s2 refresh if I already own the s2. R.I.M will continue to release devices like this as long as people continue to be sheep. The refresh is going to suck compared to all the other devices in it's class. I'd wait for the real storm3.
    09-24-10 02:58 AM
    While I agree with the sentiment that a Refresh is not the same as a full blown upgrade (and thus, the reason they say "Refresh") I don't think it "sucks" nor that people who buy it are "sheep." That's ridiculous. People are STILL buying the 2 today, so imagine their horror when they discover that a month or two later, a real upgrade comes along that can use 0S6 but their device can't! People are ALREADY complaining that the 2 they bought a whole year ago won't be using OS6, imagine the puking/gagging/war mongering that would happen with their device that is just a month or two old. So, it makes sense to have this thing called a "Refresh." It WILL be cheaper than the 3, so why not have a "lite" version for those that are not so compelled to spend more money and get the full blown device? Please, give it a rest and stop thinking that the rest of the world views smart phones the same way you (and others here) do! I will pass on the Refresh, but I don't view those who get it, as "sheep." ::: head reeling :::

I wouldn't buy the s2 refresh if I already own the s2. R.I.M will continue to release devices like this as long as people continue to be sheep. The refresh is going to suck compared to all the other devices in it's class. I'd wait for the real storm3.
    09-24-10 02:27 PM
    while i agree with the sentiment that a refresh is not the same as a full blown upgrade (and thus, the reason they say "refresh") i don't think it "sucks" nor that people who buy it are "sheep." that's ridiculous. People are still buying the 2 today, so imagine their horror when they discover that a month or two later, a real upgrade comes along that can use 0s6 but their device can't! People are already complaining that the 2 they bought a whole year ago won't be using os6, imagine the puking/gagging/war mongering that would happen with their device that is just a month or two old. So, it makes sense to have this thing called a "refresh." it will be cheaper than the 3, so why not have a "lite" version for those that are not so compelled to spend more money and get the full blown device? Please, give it a rest and stop thinking that the rest of the world views smart phones the same way you (and others here) do! I will pass on the refresh, but i don't view those who get it, as "sheep." ::: Head reeling :::

+100

-----------
    09-24-10 04:46 PM
    While I agree with the sentiment that a Refresh is not the same as a full blown upgrade (and thus, the reason they say "Refresh") I don't think it "sucks" nor that people who buy it are "sheep." That's ridiculous. People are STILL buying the 2 today, so imagine their horror when they discover that a month or two later, a real upgrade comes along that can use 0S6 but their device can't! People are ALREADY complaining that the 2 they bought a whole year ago won't be using OS6, imagine the puking/gagging/war mongering that would happen with their device that is just a month or two old. So, it makes sense to have this thing called a "Refresh." It WILL be cheaper than the 3, so why not have a "lite" version for those that are not so compelled to spend more money and get the full blown device? Please, give it a rest and stop thinking that the rest of the world views smart phones the same way you (and others here) do! I will pass on the Refresh, but I don't view those who get it, as "sheep." ::: head reeling :::
    ^^^I like the storm series, when i said the phone is "going to suck" i was talking about compared to other touchscreen phones in it's class...which is true...I'm rooting for R.I.M, but at the same time it's like wtf are they thinking....I'm tired of refreshes, how about they start back innovating....they are playing catch up to devices that were released months ago...
    09-24-10 07:47 PM
    I've long said that it's very clear, RIM is not interested in being the device leader when it comes to technology. There is nothing wrong with that. They have their market position and people can either choose to accept it or not. I honestly don't understand WHY I am one of those that does not feel compelled to have the biggest/fastest/greatest phone...that's totally out of character for me, lol, but it's true. So, if someone wants more, then go out and get more, but don't "blame" a manufacturer who finds their niche and chooses to remain in it!
    09-24-10 08:00 PM
    ]I've long said that it's very clear, RIM is not interested in being the device leader when it comes to technology. There is nothing wrong with that. They have their market position and people can either choose to accept it or not. [/B]I honestly don't understand WHY I am one of those that does not feel compelled to have the biggest/fastest/greatest phone...that's totally out of character for me, lol, but it's true. So, if someone wants more, then go out and get more, but don't "blame" a manufacturer who finds their niche and chooses to remain in it!
    ^^^^understood....
    09-24-10 08:08 PM
    I believe that the Refresh model is 9570. This may lead people to believe it is the Storm 3 unless RIM comes out and labels it something else.
    09-24-10 11:09 PM
    I'm not sure I'd necessarily call the refresh a rip-off, in fact I KNOW I wouldn't. I think, perhaps, that I am looking at this from a slightly different perspective than most. I have had Odin since launch, and have had no problems with it. The S2-Refresh offers an improvement (however slight) over an already good device (IMO), and if the current S2 is all one needs aside from a little more memory and a better browser, than why not. I can see myself holding on to Odin for another year easy as it does all I want of it...of a PDA for that matter. I AM interested in the S3, and will be watching that very closely. If after seeing the direction the S3 is going, I find myself unimpressed, I could see extending the life of Odin for me in the form of a refresh.
    I also agree that people who currently have an S1 and those that are currently buying the S2, for them, the Refresh is a great opportunity if they want a S2. It makes NO sense for RIM to produce a brand new Storm when Verizon is so close to its LTE launch; they SHOULD wait and have the next Storm, LTE ready with all of the upgraded memory and processor we all want. In the meantime, the refresh fills a certain niche...maybe not one a current S2 owner is interested in, but it fills that gap until the LTE model arrives.
    09-25-10 07:11 AM
    I will not be picking up the S2 refresh. And it looks like RIM will not be getting the S3 out the door in time to keep me as a customer. I can't wait to move on and stop paying the BB tax for obsolete technology.

09-25-10 09:44 AM
    I also agree that people who currently have an S1 and those that are currently buying the S2, for them, the Refresh is a great opportunity if they want a S2. It makes NO sense for RIM to produce a brand new Storm when Verizon is so close to its LTE launch; they SHOULD wait and have the next Storm, LTE ready with all of the upgraded memory and processor we all want. In the meantime, the refresh fills a certain niche...maybe not one a current S2 owner is interested in, but it fills that gap until the LTE model arrives.
    I'd like to put in my order for a 4" screen, LTE, 1Ghz processor, Flash...(one CAN dream, can't they??)
    09-25-10 11:06 AM
    Nah I'm sick of having a snail device, I'm going android as soon as I can
    09-25-10 11:29 AM
    I'd like to put in my order for a 4" screen, LTE, 1Ghz processor, Flash...(one CAN dream, can't they??)
    We sure can, and that is almost exactly what I want too...but I'd like that new processor now! I just hope that LTE is out in the 1Q2001; just in time for my June NE2 - as George Peppard used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together!"
    09-25-10 12:34 PM
    We sure can, and that is almost exactly what I want too...but I'd like that new processor now! I just hope that LTE is out in the 1Q2001; just in time for my June NE2 - as George Peppard used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together!"
    ah, Peppard was COOL!
    09-25-10 01:07 PM
    Waiting for LTE and, it's a phone #1. Everything else #2

09-25-10 04:25 PM
    This thing should be released right now, as it is already behind in terms of specs. Just wonder what the hold up is. I am sure it is the OS.
    09-25-10 05:22 PM
    lmao, the OS will NEVER be ready, this is RIM for gods sake. There are still bugs in 900+ builds
    09-25-10 06:05 PM
159 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD