10-04-10 11:26 AM
159 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Damn, Dave, you're scaring me. I was going to post nearly the same thing but then caught your comment. This must make, what, the fifth or sixth time I've agreed with you? Whoa.........lol.

Yeah, what is a "fortune" to one perosn may be pocket change to the next and nobody can tell someone else if something is "worth it or not." I'm sure Hower agrees and was only posting from his own point of view, but to some, shelling out $300 or more for an improved device may not be that big a deal (even in today's economic times).

that's not for you to say. It's not like he is using YOUR money. You probably think spending $850 for a phono cartridge is excessive too, but I spent that much, back in 1985 (for a Koetsu Rosewood) because I WANTED TO. (and, it should go without saying, because I could AFFORD it)
    09-21-10 02:44 PM
    Damn, Dave, you're scaring me. I was going to post nearly the same thing but then caught your comment. This must make, what, the fifth or sixth time I've agreed with you? Whoa.........lol.

Yeah, what is a "fortune" to one perosn may be pocket change to the next and nobody can tell someone else if something is "worth it or not." I'm sure Hower agrees and was only posting from his own point of view, but to some, shelling out $300 or more for an improved device may not be that big a deal (even in today's economic times).
    LOL! YOU are scaring ME!! LOL! ( j/k )

I'm not keeping track, but I do recall at least 4 occasions whereby you agreed with me. <g>

hower didn't use phraseology that indicated it was merely his POV. He wrote it as a statement of absolute fact. had he said," $300 is too expensive for me", I'd not have chimed in.
    09-21-10 02:54 PM
    I'll be getting the refresh and when Storm 3 comes out i'll get that. Most likely i'll just give my older storm to my sister like i did with my storm 1. I'm not worried about getting any money off the resale of the phone. As long as the older phone helps someone out i'm cool with it.
    09-21-10 03:18 PM
    that's not for you to say. It's not like he is using YOUR money. You probably think spending $850 for a phono cartridge is excessive too, but I spent that much, back in 1985 (for a Koetsu Rosewood) because I WANTED TO. (and, it should go without saying, because I could AFFORD it)
    +1. I remember back when a 128mb processor was top of the line for home pc's and was going for about $1000. Why? Supply and demand. RIM will put a reasonable (or unreasonable) price on it, depending on the quantity they want to sell.

And besides, don't we all like having the newest shiniest bb on the market? Isn't that why we all got the S2? 20 bucks says howarmat will get the refresh... Any takers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 12:50 AM
    +1. I remember back when a 128mb processor was top of the line for home pc's and was going for about $1000. Why? Supply and demand. RIM will put a reasonable (or unreasonable) price on it, depending on the quantity they want to sell.
    Yes, and the improvements on manufacturing memory modules.

And besides, don't we all like having the newest shiniest bb on the market? Isn't that why we all got the S2? 20 bucks says howarmat will get the refresh... Any takers?

I bought my S2 because I wanted as much screen real-estate on a BlackBerry as possible, and just touch'n'click what I wanted instead of scrolling to it. As of January this year, that was the S2. There were other reasons as well, but those were the biggest.
    09-22-10 01:00 AM
    I will be skipping this one. I have 2 upgrades available now and in one month. I can't justify wasting it or any money on this device. IMO the refresh is not worth it to me. There is 19 known carriers of the storm 2 9550 maybe one of them will take OS6 testing farther then Verizon did.

If not, o well. Os 5 was also not gonna work on 64mb devices and it ended up being available for every device. It actually ran very well on some of my older phones. I don't think 6 can be that much of a different situation. That is just by opinion

09-22-10 01:11 AM
    I will be skipping this one. I have 2 upgrades available now and in one month. I can't justify wasting it or any money on this device. IMO the refresh is not worth it to me. There is 19 known carriers of the storm 2 9550 maybe one of them will take OS6 testing farther then Verizon did.

If not, o well. Os 5 was also not gonna work on 64mb devices and it ended up being available for every device. It actually ran very well on some of my older phones. I don't think 6 can be that much of a different situation. That is just by opinion

I don't either, but I'm put in mind of someone else posting a conspiracy theory about OS6 getting denied for the S2 just to sell the refresh. Why buy a new device when you can get what you want with your current one? I knew a couple years ago that I'd never run OS5 on my 64mb 8130 when 4.5 shrunk down to the bare minimum for what I needed left me with 14mb free. But I have just under half my S2 memory free not being used, so getting a refresh just for double the amount seems a little stupid in my case. I'd have no need for it.
    09-22-10 01:31 AM
    To each their own on getting the refresh. People aren't spending your money to buy the device, so who cares?

09-22-10 08:24 AM
    I will wait for a significant upgrade rather than the refresh, whether it is called a Storm3 or whatever. I will then compare that with the other offerings out there.

I am a BB guy for the most part, but that is changing as I mess with other platforms. I am impressed with several other options. Additionally, my company's IT department is now actually pushing people to move to Droids as they upgrade so they can kill the BES server. That one surprised me but it is happening. The next device from RIM needs to be compelling for me to stay with them.
    09-22-10 11:40 AM
    Has there been an official announcement for the "Refresh" yet?
    I want to know a definite pricing and date and not these assumptions that are thrown around...

Having said that, I am also one of those who will get the "Refresh" and the S3 when it comes out..
    09-22-10 01:00 PM
    Has there been an official announcement for the "Refresh" yet?
    I want to know a definite pricing and date and not these assumptions that are thrown around...

Having said that, I am also one of those who will get the "Refresh" and the S3 when it comes out..
    Amen to that; EVERYBODY would like some definite word...until then all we can do is speculate!
    09-22-10 02:17 PM
    Amen to that; EVERYBODY would like some definite word...until then all we can do is speculate!
    fwiw, cory

BlackBerry Storm 9570 Gets a Closer Look | BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
    09-22-10 02:28 PM
    isn't more memory, 5 MP, webkit, and OS 6 a bigger improvement than

more memory, Wi-Fi, and different screen tech?

I think the S2 refresh is probably just a big leap, if not more, than Storm 1 to Storm 2 was....am I wrong? If your waiting for RIM to make a hip consumer device that is pushing the envelope on the technology/ user experience I have to wonder what makes anyone think they will ever have a device like that?
    09-22-10 02:42 PM
    I would LOVE to try one of these, Dave, but my funds are limited...and with LTE just around the corner and my NE2 up in June, it just makes perfect sense for me to wait for that next big Storm in the sky!
    09-22-10 02:51 PM
    Now that BBleaks article is interesting. I'm not a storm user, but I recently messed with a Torch and really liked it with OS6. It addressed the lack of a good browser that is really my only gripe about BB's. If this storm refresh has similar specs that it may be a good candidate for my next blackberry.
    09-22-10 03:08 PM
    I would LOVE to try one of these, Dave, but my funds are limited...and with LTE just around the corner and my NE2 up in June, it just makes perfect sense for me to wait for that next big Storm in the sky!
    I don't see much point in getting the next storm either. Either a much-improved storm will be my next phone, or something entirely different. I don't want to mess up my NE2 by getting a minor upgrade to the rumored 2.5 or 3 or whatever the heck they want to call it.
    09-22-10 03:41 PM
    I'm not sure I'd necessarily call the refresh a rip-off, in fact I KNOW I wouldn't. I think, perhaps, that I am looking at this from a slightly different perspective than most. I have had Odin since launch, and have had no problems with it. The S2-Refresh offers an improvement (however slight) over an already good device (IMO), and if the current S2 is all one needs aside from a little more memory and a better browser, than why not. I can see myself holding on to Odin for another year easy as it does all I want of it...of a PDA for that matter. I AM interested in the S3, and will be watching that very closely. If after seeing the direction the S3 is going, I find myself unimpressed, I could see extending the life of Odin for me in the form of a refresh.
    09-22-10 04:04 PM
    If you want the Refresh (patent pending) but dont wanna pay for it, get an 0s6 theme. Everyone on here is ******** (including myself) that no 6 for S2 and yet here's this phone that's everything we want yet we wont buy until LTE? Are you waiting for Madonna to sing you a lullaby too?
    09-22-10 06:17 PM
    If you want the Refresh (patent pending) but dont wanna pay for it, get an 0s6 theme. Everyone on here is ******** (including myself) that no 6 for S2 and yet here's this phone that's everything we want yet we wont buy until LTE? Are you waiting for Madonna to sing you a lullaby too?
    Hedone most likely doesn't include a webkit browser in his 5.0 themes. That's what I want.
    09-22-10 06:35 PM
    Hedone most likely doesn't include a webkit browser in his 5.0 themes. That's what I want.
    LOL! I would pay some good money for a theme with webkit
    09-22-10 06:47 PM
    LOL! I would pay some good money for a theme with webkit
    It would be a No.1 Top Selling Theme.
    09-22-10 08:34 PM
    where's the 9570 section?? Rumored/upcoming devices?
    09-22-10 09:34 PM
    **** to the NO!

iPhone 4 delivered today.

What a MASSIVE mistake it was getting the Storm2, such an awful awful phone, which literally put me off BlackBerry
    09-23-10 11:16 AM
    What an intelligent post. That being said, we're all very happy for you and your new toy.

**** to the NO!

What a MASSIVE mistake it was getting the Storm2, such an awful awful phone, which literally put me off BlackBerry
    09-23-10 01:13 PM
    **** to the NO!

Personally, I prefer to move UP in ranks when I get a new phone... to each their own I guess
    09-23-10 02:25 PM
159 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD