10-04-10 11:26 AM
159 1234 ...
tools
    Ok so I reset the discharge rate and I'll check later..how long after did it take to go to somewhat normalization ?

Thanks in advance...
    Depends on your update settings, generally a couple hours should give a good rate, unless you aren't using your phone period lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 08:46 PM
    They will do that when they release the Storm2 Refresh, Version 2 PROPER, UNRATED EDITION.

By that time, all other competitors phones will have 1TB of on-board memory!
    But will it be solar-powered??

09-16-10 08:48 PM
    Not likely. The only reason I would buy a new phone before LTE (probably) is if the Storm suffers a violent death. And if that happens I will replace it with the Samsung Fascinate. Once LTE hits though, I'll primarily be watching RIM, Samsung, and HTC for a Storm2 replacement and Apple for a replacement of our old rickety iPhone 3G.

For now though, the S2 mostly does what I need. The refresh (as reported) isn't nearly enough to justify the cost. Maybe if VZW offers it to me for $50 without a contract extension, but otherwise forget it!
    09-17-10 12:09 AM
    With the announcement that Verizon will have its LTE up in 30 NFL cities by the end of the year, maybe RIM will soon follow with a LTE Storm3 (4, whatever). My NE2 is up in June so the timing could be perfect, for a change!
    09-17-10 07:02 AM
    I love my 9550 with Lyrical hybrid, surepress, Opera, and VZW network. Refresh with BOGO on our primary line fits in well with our New Every Two, so I will probably go for it and plan on the S3 next year since our primary line qualifies for a yearly upgrade.
    09-17-10 08:10 AM
    Storm 2 refresh? Nope!
    Storm 2 was a Storm 1 refresh with only incremental features. WiFi and more memory.
    They now expect me to burn an upgrade to get more memory and a webkit browser?
    No bigger screen?

I jumped ship to a Droid X. Not even thinking about a BB.
    I'm one of those who switched to a Storm because Windows Mobile had become so bad. While I miss push and BBM a little. I'll live.
    09-17-10 10:57 AM
    I dont blame BB, like they say its a sucker born every minute. If I was BB I would be doing the same thing if I knew suckers were going to fall for it and buy it.

They are probably laughing their butts off in there Corp offices..
    Last edited by henry_hill_3; 09-17-10 at 11:07 AM.
    09-17-10 11:04 AM
    I really think it would make RIM look foolish if they released the storm2 refresh. They should bypass it altogether until they can develop a significant storm upgrade.

I would feel bad for anyone who locked themselves into a 2 year contract with this "refresh". There is nothing refreshing about it.

09-17-10 02:59 PM
    Quite possibly the biggest rip-off in smartphone history.
    scratch that....IPHONE!
    09-17-10 03:00 PM
    When the Odin refresh gets released, I'm gonna wait for the OS 6 leak for that phone. Compress the life out of it and attempt to load it on my Storm 2. Maybe?
    09-18-10 02:47 AM
    this might be possible, but if the radio file doesnt work then you are SOL
    09-18-10 03:06 AM
    When the Odin refresh gets released, I'm gonna wait for the OS 6 leak for that phone. Compress the life out of it and attempt to load it on my Storm 2. Maybe?
    That was my thought as well. RIM are too lazy to change the radio code and I don't use many other apps.

My main problem is that if Vodapish don't take the refresh onboard then I am goosed, because I would need a DRMed release.

Unless of course MFI Multiloader 4.11 has been cracked by then... but we are not allowed to talked about that here.
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 09-18-10 at 04:33 AM.
    09-18-10 04:27 AM
    Ripoff for sure. The S2 should have come equipped with all that anyway. I just used my NE2 to get wifey a Bold. I'm gonna ask VZW if they'll give me one anyway. Ya never know. I've been with them 10 years and am displeased with how quickly my latest device became outdated. VZW is surprisingly cool about things like that.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my S2 so if I could get one with those added features I guess I'd be... ecstatic?
    09-18-10 11:02 AM
    Ech.

Guess I'll be picking up the Curve 3...

09-18-10 09:12 PM
    Why is it a ripoff? Does that mean the storm 2 was a ripoff?

I would pay to have:
    Webkit browser
    Mobile hotspot
    Enhanced OS
    Enhanced wifi 802.11/n

The camera is not a big change since I never take over 2mb. The added ram and app memory is pretty much a wash with the new os.
    This is better than what the storm 2 added.
    I don't care so much about hardware specs if the hardware is working good as is.
    09-18-10 10:16 PM
    you gonna pay 199 and another 2 years for the refresh?
    09-18-10 10:20 PM
    Just became eligible for my Verizon NE2, but not going for the Storm refresh. The additional 256 megs of memory and an improved browser aren't compelling enough for me to burn my upgrade. Going to wait and see what kind of LTE goodness we'll have next spring. Not sure I'll stick with BB, but let's see what the 2011 brings.
    09-18-10 10:28 PM
    So what would need to be added to tip the scale here? 1ghz processor?
    09-18-10 10:38 PM
    you gonna pay 199 and another 2 years for the refresh?
    I wouldn't but wish verizon would give all current storm2 owners the refresh for free.
    09-18-10 10:42 PM
    Most of the phones RIM releases are refreshes. If you go back almost 2 years you have the Storm 1 as a new phone, then the Pearl Flip and then the Torch. Everything else released during that time period has been a refresh. That is exactly why Blackberries are so far behind.
    09-18-10 11:06 PM
    Most of the phones RIM releases are refreshes. If you go back almost 2 years you have the Storm 1 as a new phone, then the Pearl Flip and then the Torch. Everything else released during that time period has been a refresh. That is exactly why Blackberries are so far behind.
    No one is forcing u to use or buy BB's, are they? (unless you have to have one due to employer requirements)
    09-19-10 02:27 PM
    i'll probably wait for the S3 (or switch to droid if they improve to the point where they are irresistible)
    Loved it. But did not have World coverage so I returned it. Now I understand that they will have a Droid 2 in November. Will consider the Refresh, but if it is not worth the upgrade then I am off to Droid for a year at the minimum. So lets see what RIM and VZW come up with.
    09-19-10 02:43 PM
    My upgrade is coming in November and I will probably be jumping over to an andorid phone. I had the storm 1, dealt with all the bull****, figured I'd get the storm 2 and then got shafted when 6.0 came out. The last few OS's all have a ****load of bugs in them. If the phone worked like it was supposed to, I wouldnt care, but I can't even get it to do that without loading a hacked OS.
    09-19-10 03:17 PM
    My upgrade is coming in November and I will probably be jumping over to an andorid phone. I had the storm 1, dealt with all the bull****, figured I'd get the storm 2 and then got shafted when 6.0 came out. The last few OS's all have a ****load of bugs in them. If the phone worked like it was supposed to, I wouldnt care, but I can't even get it to do that without loading a hacked OS.
    I haven't been plagued by bugs in the "last few OS's". I use my phone for just about EVERY feature it's designed to perform, so I'm not following you at all when you say a ****load of bugs. whatever.
    09-19-10 05:24 PM
    I haven't been plagued by bugs in the "last few OS's". I use my phone for just about EVERY feature it's designed to perform, so I'm not following you at all when you say a ****load of bugs. whatever.
    Agreed. I guess I should have been ranting about my problem with Google maps last night instead of seeing what the problem was eh? Personally if I had a device that was completely problematic, and I have, I would have been on the phone getting one works, which I did. $10 says the refresh is going to have exactly the same "bugs" as every other device. Not saying that everyone that has problems doesn't, but RIM would have been hitting the bottom of the barrel ages ago if everyone had that many problems.
    09-19-10 05:38 PM
159 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD