12-22-10 08:02 AM
213 ... 789
tools
    Hi,

With Playbook and his capabilites they have shown what is actually possible
    from their side.

Cause of that, I only hope, for RIM`s sake, that the next Storm will come with 1Ghz proc and QNX platform. Other than that would be a major dissapointment.
    Playbook is nice, and RIM is FINALLY showing a few programs running on it rather than just scrolling up/dn/right/left thru the icons. But, only Mike L. seems to be allowed to actually touch the device AND it will not be out for Christmas sales. That tells me RIM did not have a good business plan; and Mike's comments also lead me to worry about the company's philosophy on their future phones. He is convinced the PB will be a real iPad killer, but by the time RIM gets it out the specs may just be adequate, after all Apple is coming out with a new iPad. With phones he seems content to sell to 2G countries, so where does that put the new Storm??? If we are looking for LTE/QNX, then we could be waiting until the end of 2011; that does not make me happy!
    12-15-10 03:04 PM
    After watching Mike L's full interview last night I felt almost cheated. We've had people posting on this forum (same people in the past that have given us dead on leaks) great stuff is coming soon, just wait, and then I see this interview and realize, holy ****, these new RIM super phones won't be out till end of next year. RIM's near term strategy for being able to do everything the competitors have raised the bar to is to carry a phone and a tablet.
    12-15-10 03:29 PM
    Refering to the thread title, I think the smoke is nothing more than Mike and Jim having a cigarette.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 05:27 PM
    Refering to the thread title, I think the smoke is nothing more than Mike and Jim having a cigarette.

laughing as we anxiously await for some hopeful news about a phone actually dropping before May or June ... or 2012...
    12-15-10 05:45 PM
    My excitement over the S3 has waned a bit lately, but I'm still going to hold out before jumping ship to another platform. Just wish it would hurry up already!
    12-16-10 08:00 AM
    whatever the storm 3 turns out to be, it needs to be a device that plays as a companion to the playbook (or vice versa). I guess this means that it also needs to be QNX based, but regardless, it needs to play with the playbook very very well to justify its existance and to justify the usefullness of the playbook as a BB companion as well.
    12-16-10 07:14 PM
    whatever the storm 3 turns out to be, it needs to be a device that plays as a companion to the playbook (or vice versa). I guess this means that it also needs to be QNX based, but regardless, it needs to play with the playbook very very well to justify its existance and to justify the usefullness of the playbook as a BB companion as well.
    PlayBook can "play" nicely with OS 5 and 6 according to RIM I thought. Didn't we see Mike using a bold on OS5 with the PlayBook in one of the vids he was interviewed in?

12-16-10 08:22 PM
    PlayBook can "play" nicely with OS 5 and 6 according to RIM I thought. Didn't we see Mike using a bold on OS5 with the PlayBook in one of the vids he was interviewed in?

when I say "play nicely" I also mean that the thing will be on parr with its companion! If the device is slow, low on memory (app space), low res, out of date, but the tablet that acompanies it is fresh, and with super specs, high res, 2 cameras, then theres something quite wrong with that picture. The 2 devices will be oddly related ..... even if you can still get a USB or a bluetooth connection between the 2
    12-16-10 09:05 PM
    its like having a brand new car, but installing a 1950s radio in the dash board. in the electronics world, I would like both items to be cutting edge, not just one
    12-16-10 09:08 PM
    Yah. I totally see what you are saying and definitely agree. I just feel that from watching Mike's interviews and stuff that he doesnt think on the same lines as we all do (which is pretty disappointing). He thinks OS 6 is on par with iPhone and android (which just isnt true) and I guess from a business standpoint, he doesn't want a QNX phone taking away from playbook sales.
    12-16-10 09:42 PM
    Is the Storm 3 here yet?

12-21-10 02:48 PM
    Its no where to be seen. Blackberry is still using up their supply of tiny keyboards. BB needs a swift kick in the ***.

12-21-10 08:24 PM
    Is the Storm 3 here yet?
    No way, no how. If you read the forums, it's looking more and more like we won't see another S3 until summer!
    12-22-10 08:02 AM
213 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD