12-22-10 09:02 AM
213 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Did you know that if you are a Verizon customer and have a calling plan price of $49.99 or higher(not including data or text plans) you can upgrade after 12 months and receive the 2 year promotional price? Such plans include the 450 minute and unlimited texts for $59.99 or the 900 minute plan(no texts) for $59.99. It makes me hurt to see people stuck on a device like the 9530, so I am just making sure people are aware of this. I did this when I upgraded my 9530 to a 9550. I sold my 9530 on eBay for what it cost me to buy the 9550 at the discounted price.
    How does that work on a family plan? Does every single person get an upgrade every 12 months at the 2 yr price?

Thanks!
    10-06-10 03:54 PM
    RIM really needs to get the S3 out there soon. The iPhone is obviously coming to Verizon in the new year and while it may not even be LTE, it's gonna sell like hotcakes. Also, with RIM losing ground to all these Droid phones on Verizon and then Verizon canceling the refresh, they are really just going backwards on the largest carrier.
    From a consumer standpoint I think the Playbook looks insane and will most likely be buying one. However, RIM's main product is cell phones and if they don't get a head start with a really competitive consumer phone then obviously Droid is gonna take over along with Apple and just leave RIM in the dust and never looks back. I really think the next few months could be a huge turning point with RIM with it's position in the smartphone markets. Or should I just say CONSUMER smartphone market???
    10-06-10 09:12 PM
    How does that work on a family plan? Does every single person get an upgrade every 12 months at the 2 yr price?

Thanks!
    No on family plans just the main line is eligible.
    10-07-10 01:37 AM
    Did you know that if you are a Verizon customer and have a calling plan price of $49.99 or higher(not including data or text plans) you can upgrade after 12 months and receive the 2 year promotional price? Such plans include the 450 minute and unlimited texts for $59.99 or the 900 minute plan(no texts) for $59.99. It makes me hurt to see people stuck on a device like the 9530, so I am just making sure people are aware of this. I did this when I upgraded my 9530 to a 9550. I sold my 9530 on eBay for what it cost me to buy the 9550 at the discounted price.
    Do you have to call for this or go to the stores? If I go to the website, it doesn't offer me an upgrade price for my phone (main phone on family plan) and I have the $90 plan for 1400 minutes. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of NE2?
    10-07-10 07:42 AM
    Do you have to call for this or go to the stores? If I go to the website, it doesn't offer me an upgrade price for my phone (main phone on family plan) and I have the $90 plan for 1400 minutes. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of NE2?
    It should give you the 2 year contract price for the primary line. If not, give CS a call and they should be able to do it for you. No rebate to deal with that way as well.
    10-07-10 12:46 PM
    I dont understand this. If this was true, no one would get a 2 year contract. I'm tempted to call and ask about this, however, I want to wait till someone confirms this before I look like a fool asking about something that makes no sense for them to do
    10-08-10 09:46 AM
    I dont understand this. If this was true, no one would get a 2 year contract. I'm tempted to call and ask about this, however, I want to wait till someone confirms this before I look like a fool asking about something that makes no sense for them to do
    While you may get the sale price, you don't get the new every 2 discount of $50 or $100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 10:59 AM
    I thought they did away with the $100 every 2 discount
    10-08-10 12:57 PM
    I am on a Family plan with Mrs. The_Engine and she is the Primary. So her line gets a NE2 discount of $50 over and above the sale price on 10/22/2010. As the secondary line I am eligible for an update on 10/22/2010, but get no discount. I go to their online store now I see only Full Price ($500) prices. Go their site and login and check your eligibility. It will tell you if you are due a NE2 discount and when you are eligible for that.

So I may not even be available for the sale price....
    10-08-10 02:01 PM
    It is on Verizon's website. Click on Annual Upgrade on the left side with the links. It is still signing a 2 year contract each year, but you get the 2 year promotional price after 12 months.

Answers to FAQs
    Last edited by bighap; 10-08-10 at 02:48 PM.
    10-08-10 02:45 PM
    They did. If you have used a NE2 discount after Feb 14, 2009 you have been put on the new $50 plan.
    10-08-10 02:47 PM
    So what's the prediction amongst everyone. Will there be a new BB touchscreen device introduced on Verizon before the end of November? Im currently using a 9530 but recently the BB (menu) button started acting up and now I just about have to step on the button to get it to work. Need a new phone real soon. The Storm 2 is on Verizon today @ $29.99. Trying to decide if i should order that or wait for something new in the next couple of weeks. You suppose the reduced price is to clear inventory and make room for something new?
    10-22-10 12:32 PM
    So what's the prediction amongst everyone. Will there be a new BB touchscreen device introduced on Verizon before the end of November? Im currently using a 9530 but recently the BB (menu) button started acting up and now I just about have to step on the button to get it to work. Need a new phone real soon. The Storm 2 is on Verizon today @ $29.99. Trying to decide if i should order that or wait for something new in the next couple of weeks. You suppose the reduced price is to clear inventory and make room for something new?
    You should wait. A new storm is near. I'm not sure what it's called (Storm 2.5,Storm 3,Storm 4G) but I'm sure RIM will release something before the holidays...if they are smart!
    10-22-10 07:20 PM
    The $50 NE2 discount depends on your calling plan. If you pay over a certain amount (I believe it is $89.99 or something pretty high), you get the full $100 off the promo 2 yr price.

Wanna know a good way to get the cheapest 450min calling plan from Verizon and still get your $100 NE2 discount instead of the $50? Make sure you're on the BlackBerry calling plan. It costs $99.99 per month, and includes your data, SMS, MMS, N&W, IN Network calls, and 450 Peak mins. No extra $30 charge for a data plan. But it costs the same as if you had the regular 450 min package with ulimited messaging ($69.99) plus the data package ($30) = $99.99. Your NE2 discount is dependant only on your calling plan, not calling plan plus data plan.... unless they are combined into one!

I've been eligible for NE2 for a few months and I am offered the $100 NE2 discount.
    11-01-10 06:59 PM
    The $50 NE2 discount depends on your calling plan. If you pay over a certain amount (I believe it is $89.99 or something pretty high), you get the full $100 off the promo 2 yr price.

Wanna know a good way to get the cheapest 450min calling plan from Verizon and still get your $100 NE2 discount instead of the $50? Make sure you're on the BlackBerry calling plan. It costs $99.99 per month, and includes your data, SMS, MMS, N&W, IN Network calls, and 450 Peak mins. No extra $30 charge for a data plan. But it costs the same as if you had the regular 450 min package with ulimited messaging ($69.99) plus the data package ($30) = $99.99. Your NE2 discount is dependant only on your calling plan, not calling plan plus data plan.... unless they are combined into one!

I've been eligible for NE2 for a few months and I am offered the $100 NE2 discount.
    This is not accurate. This info is straight from VZW's support site.

The New Every Two program is available to you when you sign up for a two-year plan of at least $34.99 per month and by fulfilling 20 months of that term. You will qualify for a free phone, up to $30 or $50 depending on your plan, with a two-year renewal, if you enrolled in the program on February 15, 2009 or later. If you enrolled in the program prior to February 15, 2009 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan. You can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account.
    11-02-10 12:39 AM
    This is not accurate. This info is straight from VZW's support site.

The New Every Two program is available to you when you sign up for a two-year plan of at least $34.99 per month and by fulfilling 20 months of that term. You will qualify for a free phone, up to $30 or $50 depending on your plan, with a two-year renewal, if you enrolled in the program on February 15, 2009 or later. If you enrolled in the program prior to February 15, 2009 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan. You can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account.
    I stand corrected. I apparently fall into the "enrolled in the program prior to Feb 15, 2009". At that point, however, the "depending on the monthly acess of your plan" part describes the $89.99 per month or higher to get the $100 NE2 I was talking about (I said I THINK it was $89.99, but not 100% on that). So, I guess I was half wrong, potentially 2/3 wrong.
    11-02-10 07:13 AM
    I'm a S1 user since the VZW store opened on launch day 2008. Haven't replaced my phone yet, was very satisfied with it until recently when it just became too old to function properly. My brother has the same story, but his S1 software crashed yesterday. VZW rep told me today that she'll send a Curve overnight for free for an interim replacement. She said he is eligible for an upgrade soon and if he likes touch screens, he'll be using that upgrade by the holidays.

I said woah woah what do you know? New Storm? She said new touchscreen, don't know exactly what they're calling it. Me: By what holiday? Her: Thanksgiving.

If the customer service rep told me today (try calling yourselves), I think something is on the way.. These reps are usually extremely tight-lipped from my experience.
    11-07-10 10:39 PM
    MTinari.... you are a sick sick puppy to do that to everyone. Not nice! lol
    11-08-10 12:26 AM
    I'm a S1 user since the VZW store opened on launch day 2008. Haven't replaced my phone yet, was very satisfied with it until recently when it just became too old to function properly. My brother has the same story, but his S1 software crashed yesterday. VZW rep told me today that she'll send a Curve overnight for free for an interim replacement. She said he is eligible for an upgrade soon and if he likes touch screens, he'll be using that upgrade by the holidays.

I said woah woah what do you know? New Storm? She said new touchscreen, don't know exactly what they're calling it. Me: By what holiday? Her: Thanksgiving.

If the customer service rep told me today (try calling yourselves), I think something is on the way.. These reps are usually extremely tight-lipped from my experience.

They are also usually very stupid when they do decide to open their mouth.
    11-08-10 01:39 AM
    MTinari....seriously you just made my heart skip a beat, just the thought of VZW having a new device b4 the end of the year, that might be an actual NEW device gives me hope! Tired of tour...and seriously considered going to AT&T for the tourch.....but I just can't leave VZ! Wishful thinking

11-08-10 10:56 AM
    I think I heard the same rumor for booth Sprint ands VZW.
    11-08-10 11:16 AM

Yes, I'm very hesitant to believe ANY rep at the Verizon store. Had a friend that used to be a manager in the store and she knew absolutely nothing. I used to tell her about stuff that I found out about on here and I would make fun of her for it.
    However, maybe they have heard something, who knows. I just really think the S3 NEEDS to be out by the holidays. Even if the QNX mobile OS isn't ready, at least give us the phone maybe with a later version of OS6 and make it that we can upgrade to the new OS later.
    Last edited by MattyG27; 11-08-10 at 03:43 PM.
    11-08-10 03:35 PM
    According to BBLeaks, the Storm3 code name is the BlackBerry Monaco.

BlackBerry Storm3 Gets Codename Monaco; Bold/Touchscreen Hybrid Codenamed Montana | BlackBerry Leaks
    11-08-10 07:58 PM
    Monaco makes sense as a lot of rumors have said the s3 will be a very capable gaming platform.

11-08-10 08:25 PM
    Is there any real pattern to what time frame RIM has released a phone after the code name is leaked or ok'ed to be let known to outsiders? But then again it could also be all device specific on how long it takes

11-08-10 09:52 PM
213 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD