01-21-11 04:47 PM
114 ... 345
tools
    I went to check out the Pro - very nice. Screen is really small. Narrow and has a large black frame behind the glass. Keys type well. I found it hard to navigate around - very non-BB like. Seemed fast and web browsing was nice on the touch screen. Give me one of these from RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 09:19 AM
    I tried the Droid Pro out on Friday at the VZW store. I thought the keyboard was gonna suck being that it's not curved. Wasnt bad at all. Although the keyboard width is about the same as the 9700/9650/9800 klan, the actual keys are nice and big, the tactile feedback was fantastic, and I typed fast with few mistakes. Now I am really thinking about swapping to a Droid Pro until Blackberry comes out with a 9000 sized device. I just cant take this eensy weensy cramped up laggy 9650 anymore. What can it hurt to at least try the droid pro? Did i say that? God forbid AT&T comes out with this 9000 refresh, I'll fkn hang myself if I was forced to stare at a 9000 refresh on AT&T when I just wont leave VZW again.
    01-02-11 09:55 AM
    I'm with ya Bro. Funny post... I was thinking today - what could hurt to try the Pro. Also thinking about switching to att for the Torch.

01-02-11 10:36 AM
    I have about another year until my next upgrade with T-Mobile. I have the 9700 right now but was hoping for a device like that doctored up "Magnum" above since I had the 8900. I wanted to try the Motorola Droid Pro but I read that the build quality is quite poor and it is NOT a BB replacement.

Oh, I also forgot that CES is right around the corner! So hopefully we'll see something new in the next few days.
    Last edited by cbble; 01-02-11 at 03:37 PM.
    01-02-11 03:32 PM
    I have about another year until my next upgrade with T-Mobile. I have the 9700 right now but was hoping for a device like that doctored up "Magnum" above since I had the 8900. I wanted to try the Motorola Droid Pro but I read that the build quality is quite poor and it is NOT a BB replacement.

Oh, I also forgot that CES is right around the corner! So hopefully we'll see something new in the next few days.
    I actually tried a Droid Pro. I've got to say, it's pretty nice. The keyboard feels quite a bit like a BlackBerry besides for the number keys on the top row, which is hard to get used to. Android is also pretty nice, but the screen just seems a bit too small for Android to look good on. Screen res and call quality are also lacking.
    01-03-11 09:44 PM
    a touchable bold, i am into that
    01-03-11 11:19 PM
    a touch screen for navigation, but keeping the exact design and the keyboard so it can stay true to the BB name! No clicks nothing too fancy. Just a touchscreen for navigation, the phone would of been a bold inside and out and with all the juicy functions that would keep it as a novelty and on top of the line BB as far as progression and features went.
    I've had the same idea in mind... been waiting 3 years for this. I assumed it was coming... I figured RIM was working on it. This is only the most natural progression.

Give me a Bold with touch screen for navigating the OS (instead of this little c|it/gooch).
    01-06-11 03:44 PM
    I have a Torch for work and a 9650 for personal use. I love both, but the ability to use touch on OS6 makes the torch so much better. OS6 was clearly made for touchscreen phones, not the trackpad. Its now time to release the touchscreen Bold and make us all happy! I've been dying for this phone for 2 years now and I'm starting to get a bit impatient now!!!

01-06-11 11:19 PM
    Ditto on the touch Bold. Anyone think it has a chance of coming out this year? Big question I know. Have tried the Palm Pixi but without hard phone buttons its really a non-starter.
    01-07-11 01:56 PM
    OMG - has anyone seen the post on Boy Genius? ATT refresh of 9000. Specs are great, touch screen and track pad. Mine.

01-13-11 04:55 PM
    Sounds like you're describing the elusive Dakota. Search for 9890. Seems like that may be it. May. But yes, standard candy bar form factor with touchscreen is what many of us await.

I'd also like to see it with an accelorometer, but I'm probably in the minority on that one.

yes i agree
    01-13-11 05:43 PM
    I hope the old bold design was refined all around for this new touch screen BB. What looked modern in 2008 won't cut it today. the 9000 was clunky, and it wasnt because of the size.
    01-13-11 07:55 PM
    I admit I am torn between this rumoured device and the Torch 2. I think what it really comes down to is the screen size. Not that I'm a size queen or anything but with limited eyesight it's important to me.
    01-21-11 04:38 PM
    I like it for screen size, keyboard, battery life (hope its as good), and maybe a decent browsing experience. Or am I "...chugging on over to mamby pamby land - want a tissue?"

01-21-11 04:47 PM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD