01-21-11 05:47 PM
114 ... 2345
tools
    thx mamaluka, yes it is what most of us want..the rumours has been around for 2 years...no idea at all when it will become the reality..for sure it will be the best sell BB everywhere...
    11-15-10 07:28 AM
    Here is a visual concept. It is a 9700 with 1 cm added to the screen height to make it 5 cm x 5 cm square (7 cm / 2.8" diagonal), but I also tightened up the packaging a little to fit that bigger screen on the device without adding any additional length to the device. I think this would make the touch screen big enough to be usable (with a track pad and keyboard to help) but keep the device from being "too big."

Of course, altering a picture is a lot easier than making a functional and producible smart phone!

this is the best design I've seen yet! Great job Bob!
    11-15-10 09:09 AM
    Very nice design. If wishing only made it so...
    11-16-10 11:30 AM
    I don't know, how is touch going to work on such a small screen? As I and my eyes get older I'm looking forward to a larger screen also.
    11-16-10 11:57 AM
    There is a global device with a touchscreen and keyboard like the bold its called the Droid Pro and it comes out on VZW on Nov. 18th which is this Thurs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 12:29 PM
    I don't know, how is touch going to work on such a small screen? As I and my eyes get older I'm looking forward to a larger screen also.
    It works on the new iPod Nano.
    11-16-10 12:57 PM
    It works on the new iPod Nano.
    For people that have big fat fingers? When you have to tap a small icon right next to another?
    11-16-10 05:00 PM
    For people that have big fat fingers? When you have to tap a small icon right next to another?
    The touch screen is only necessary for selecting the icons and scrolling up and down. Surely, you don't need day fingers to do that! All the typing will be done with the keyboard itself. Not sure why size would ever be an issue here

11-16-10 07:29 PM
    The screen icon is bigger than each letter on the keypad! Smh!

11-16-10 07:31 PM
    At first, I was looking for such device, but then I really wonder the added value of a touchscreen in addition to the touchpad. It will drain battery faster and the screen d be small anyway.

Let's see how the droid pro goes...
    11-18-10 05:00 PM
    At first, I was looking for such device, but then I really wonder the added value of a touchscreen in addition to the touchpad. It will drain battery faster and the screen d be small anyway.

Let's see how the droid pro goes...
    I too was mixd about it. At first, I thought it should maybe look like the Storm 2 bottom keys and then just a keyboard and packaged like a Bold. But then I remembered the difficulty it is to copy/paste on a touch screen and then I rethought about a trackpad once again. Personally, I rather not have it so that the screen can stay as big as possible in the space. However, if they cant fix the copy/paste to work flawlessly, then I rather keep it. Functionality is more important than form. And a Bold with a touch screen is more about that first.... style second
    11-18-10 05:13 PM
    If you got rid of the dedicated keys, and had just the keyboard, and touchscreen, I would be in love. I can see the use of the trackpad, but would love the larger real estate gained from losing it. Somewhere had a mock-up that is my perfect device
    11-20-10 02:01 AM
    you have to have dedicated keys. Granted, they would look much better inbedded into the screen as it is with the Moto droid pro or more closely related, the storm 2. But you need some sort of nav keys that never change. As for the track pad, I feel the same way. Its like a love/hate thing. I love its usefulness, but I would have the screen real estate it takes away.

But whether they add it or not, the best way we can all agree to keep the screen big is to get rid of the black border that surrounds every blackberry today. Other companies seem to be able to do it, so why does RIM need to have a black moding all around the thing cutting the screen short even more.

Storm 2 is a perfect example of this, particularly with the lower end of the phone where the convenience keys are. WAY TOO MUCH BLACK! Same with the new curve!
    11-20-10 02:51 PM
    you have to have dedicated keys. Granted, they would look much better inbedded into the screen as it is with the Moto droid pro or more closely related, the storm 2. But you need some sort of nav keys that never change. As for the track pad, I feel the same way. Its like a love/hate thing. I love its usefulness, but I would have the screen real estate it takes away.

But whether they add it or not, the best way we can all agree to keep the screen big is to get rid of the black border that surrounds every blackberry today. Other companies seem to be able to do it, so why does RIM need to have a black moding all around the thing cutting the screen short even more.

Storm 2 is a perfect example of this, particularly with the lower end of the phone where the convenience keys are. WAY TOO MUCH BLACK! Same with the new curve!
    I don't think the bezel will be shrinking anytime soon. if anything the PlayBook indicates that RIM will be increasing the bezel and making it multi-touch.
    11-20-10 07:29 PM
    I don't think the bezel will be shrinking anytime soon. if anything the PlayBook indicates that RIM will be increasing the bezel and making it multi-touch.
    I don't even know the necessity of the black molding or bezel. It seems like an old solution for old technology, kind of like old TVs with big borders

11-20-10 07:48 PM
    As technology gets better, screens are supposed to go even more to the corners as opposed to what we're seeing in the new berries

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 11-20-10 at 07:54 PM.
    11-20-10 07:50 PM
    Yeah, that picture is great. You could fit the screws under that wee chin I believe.
    11-23-10 07:35 PM
    While it looks okay, I think we are more likely to see something that tries to fit in as big a screen as possible into say the 9000 dimensions as otherwise you would be ignoring your usual bold fans and would be competing with the torch for sales which seems inefficient.
    11-24-10 11:47 PM
    This is most likely doctored, but with the exception of wanting the bold keyboard, this is exactly what I want!

Although this doctored photo looks slightly elongated. Probably to make the screen look bigger??? Either way, its still as close to my dream device as I've seen. What do you think?

the sides will be brushed aluminium look kinda like the iphone4
    12-10-10 08:13 PM
    Hope that the eventual bold touch looks nothing like that, it just wouldn't be well balanced at all, a longish screen is just better suited to a full touchscreen or slider design, also I would hope that they keep the trackpad even on touchscreen models as otherwise you are forced to use the touchscreen all the time when typing slowing you done.
    12-11-10 09:27 AM
    I tend to agree. The biggest screen possible is always nice, but I dont like the elongated screens in many of the designs. It doesnt look.... balanced!

I would just keep it simple and ask for a Bold 9780 form factor with a touch screen.
    12-16-10 08:17 PM
    Droid Pro looks interesting but has that elongated look....

12-16-10 10:34 PM
    And I don't like it. It sort of looks like the keyboard was just slapped on the bottom of the touch screen. I rather give up the screen real estate in order to have a more balanced device

12-18-10 01:01 AM
    It would be so great to have a bold touch.
    12-19-10 09:54 AM
    IMO about a 3in touchscreen on the existing bold design would be nice. make it a tad taller, but keep the trackpad....need that one handed use
    12-19-10 11:26 AM
114 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD