This didn't work to well for the Samsung Epix... And everything for the Magnum shows surepress, which shouldn't be allowed on a Blackberry after the Torch's capacative screen ...
    09-16-10 03:29 PM
    yes another thing if this BB Magnum does come out, please get rid of the surepress! hmmm still positvie & negative ideas if the trackpad should still be there... Although it would be a bigger touch-screen w/ out it, copy & paste would be easier w/ it. But like ricanmedic said, they should improve the software for this kind of stuff. hopefully OS6 is the answer.
    09-16-10 03:52 PM
    Hey Guys Is This for Real? I am so ready to jump ship but I love my bold 9000 and there's no other phone out there right now I rather own than this potential phone. I say make the screen slightly bigger but definetly keep the keypad and I'll buy two!! Going to check this out online to see what comes up. Ironic too b/c today I just posted a rather disappointing post about me leaving AT&T and RIM and going elsewhere. Hmmmhhh? Premonition or good fortunate that brought me to the site if this is true.
    09-16-10 04:10 PM
    Ricardo: That device has been rumored for about 2 years. Some say it evolved into the 9800, others say it's still in design.

Ekilla: Are you really running a 9550 on Tmo? How's that working out?

Decision time. Do I take the 9780 when it comes out? Or do I hold out on the chance that this is coming shortly? We know they can make it happen... Will they? Is it the 9890? Would it be a 99xx device? Or the 10k? So much unknown......
    09-16-10 05:28 PM
    @gregerator: yes im running the 9550 on T-Mobile haha... yes im only getting EDGE, yes i want to get rid of it because im bored... & yes i want this damn rumored device so called BlackBerry Magnum
    09-16-10 09:38 PM
    yes another thing if this BB Magnum does come out, please get rid of the surepress! hmmm still positvie & negative ideas if the trackpad should still be there... Although it would be a bigger touch-screen w/ out it, copy & paste would be easier w/ it. But like ricanmedic said, they should improve the software for this kind of stuff. hopefully OS6 is the answer.
    surepress is something I highly support for this device. Granted, some love it for typing, and some hate it. But remember, the touch screen will not be used for typing, it will be solely for navigating and selecting. And when you think about selecting icons and list items, surepress would be an awesome combination.
    09-18-10 08:39 AM
    I have to say... The image that you all are spreading NEEDS a trackpad because the select feature via touchscreen is so difficult to use. I have the Torch 9800 and the select feature to highlight and copy text is so difficult to configure without using the trackpad. I find myself double tapping.. tripple tapping.. tapping like CRAZY just to get the select feature via touchscreen. It can be a nuisance.
    10-20-10 12:32 AM
    I can do without the touchscreen. I just need a bigger screen for my 9700.
    With keyboard, that is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 09:54 AM
    i am in the market to get one if it comes out, lol.
    10-22-10 04:18 PM
    I have to say... The image that you all are spreading NEEDS a trackpad because the select feature via touchscreen is so difficult to use. I have the Torch 9800 and the select feature to highlight and copy text is so difficult to configure without using the trackpad. I find myself double tapping.. tripple tapping.. tapping like CRAZY just to get the select feature via touchscreen. It can be a nuisance.
    I was thinking that OS6 would increase the touch sensitivity than storm series where I need to be very lucky to get text selection first time. I will be clicking around the screen until I figure out that it better to copy more text and edit it when I paste ..LOL
    10-26-10 04:36 PM
    I have to say in my opinion if this device came out it would be the next step in the evolution of blackberry. I currently use the torch and love having the touch screen and the keyboard, but have a touch screen for navigation on a Bold style phone has been my dream since I started familiarizing myself with the torch. It would be a huge step forward to include a touch screen on a non touch screen focused device.

11-01-10 09:17 AM
    Bold's screen is wsy too small for a touchscreen. Idblove it tho

11-01-10 11:54 AM
    Seems simple enough..this is all we want. C-MON. I see the same threads all over the place, yet a Torch spits out of RIM's womb. sheesh
    11-07-10 04:12 PM
    11-08-10 03:44 PM
    Ok....I'm stealing jonnyboy46's thunder reposting this in my favorite 2 (other) threads regarding this mystical device we all seek. But here it is! Looks like we're finally getting what we want! Let's just hope it aint on AT&T.
    BlackBerry Storm3 Gets Codename Monaco; Bold/Touchscreen Hybrid Codenamed Montana | BlackBerry Leaks

11-09-10 07:06 PM
    Add a trackpad to it and its my dream device. Coming off of my Droid X with no easy way to edit typos I will never own something without at least 4 arrows or a trackpad. If they make it without one they are idiots.
    11-11-10 01:34 PM
    everyones idea of a perfect Bold/touch screen seems to have an elongated screen. This would be a very bad move! Part of why I love keyboard BBs so much is the small and tight form factor all around. I dont want my BB to look like a cable box remote control,as the iphone sort of does. I want my BB to be the size that keeps it comfortable to work with. I dont know who agrees with me here, but I rather give up screen size to keep it the same dimentions as either the 9000 or the 9700.... no longer or wider!

Me personally, I love the 9780 form factor. But I can see why 9000 size appeals to some. But thats as far as I go. No long screen please RIM! Seeing that will send me running in the other direction!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 11-11-10 at 01:47 PM.
    11-11-10 01:45 PM
    Ok....I'm stealing jonnyboy46's thunder reposting this in my favorite 2 (other) threads regarding this mystical device we all seek. But here it is! Looks like we're finally getting what we want! Let's just hope it aint on AT&T.
    BlackBerry Storm3 Gets Codename Monaco; Bold/Touchscreen Hybrid Codenamed Montana | BlackBerry Leaks

This report came out almost 3 months ago. On BGR somewhere. Where the F have you been?

And it was reported being the Storm 3. rumored.

Will the real BlackBerry Storm 3 please stand up? | BGR
    11-11-10 04:00 PM
    everyones idea of a perfect Bold/touch screen seems to have an elongated screen. This would be a very bad move! Part of why I love keyboard BBs so much is the small and tight form factor all around. I dont want my BB to look like a cable box remote control,as the iphone sort of does. I want my BB to be the size that keeps it comfortable to work with. I dont know who agrees with me here, but I rather give up screen size to keep it the same dimentions as either the 9000 or the 9700.... no longer or wider!

Me personally, I love the 9780 form factor. But I can see why 9000 size appeals to some. But thats as far as I go. No long screen please RIM! Seeing that will send me running in the other direction!
    I would say that it's quite difficult to imagine what a handset would feel like before trying it (just take a look at the recent review of the BB style). For me, the droid pro looks right in terms of form factor, i would like to try it.
    11-11-10 05:26 PM
    i guess i just created a phone that many dream about it, i just wish i'm RIM, got the tools and create the phone....

Bold with touch screen, os6 and trackpad..

lets start our dream..
    11-12-10 10:42 AM
    I'm new to BB and new to 9780. I love the bold form factor, however, I'm not going to get a touch bold unless it's QNX powered. If it's a touch bold with a non-QNX OS on it, I'll just wait till they release the bold with built-in QNX system.
    11-13-10 07:16 AM

Here is a visual concept. It is a 9700 with 1 cm added to the screen height to make it 5 cm x 5 cm square (7 cm / 2.8" diagonal), but I also tightened up the packaging a little to fit that bigger screen on the device without adding any additional length to the device. I think this would make the touch screen big enough to be usable (with a track pad and keyboard to help) but keep the device from being "too big."

Of course, altering a picture is a lot easier than making a functional and producible smart phone!

Last edited by Bob G; 11-13-10 at 03:06 PM.
    11-13-10 02:58 PM
    Here is a visual concept. It is a 9700 with 1 cm added to the screen height to make it 5 cm x 5 cm square (7 cm / 2.8" diagonal), but I also tightened up the packaging a little to fit that bigger screen on the device without adding any additional length to the device. I think this would make the touch screen big enough to be usable (with a track pad and keyboard to help) but keep the device from being "too big."

Of course, altering a picture is a lot easier than making a functional and producible smart phone!
    I think this looks good. Frankly, any 9000 or 9700 refresh with a touch screen would work for most folks - sider or not.
    11-13-10 03:09 PM
    i guess i just created a phone that many dream about it, i just wish i'm RIM, got the tools and create the phone....

lets start our dream..
    oooooohhh. This looks really slick.
    11-13-10 03:10 PM

lets start our dream..
    This is what I'M talking about. Had to repost with embedded image for WAP'ers. Nice going Janz. this is what we want.
    11-14-10 07:38 PM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD