01-21-11 05:47 PM
114 1234 ...
tools
    Wow, I would LOVE a device like this. My 9700 is the best BB I've used and I've had a few (8700, 8100, 8320, 8900).

Funnily enough, my very first smartphone was a Treo 650 and I also really liked the combo of a physical KB and a touchscreen. I did pop into an AT&T store to check out the 9800 but wasn't crazy about the slider. I'm with TMO anyways so don't have that option but would REALLY like to see TMO get something like the OP suggests.

We will have to wait and see!
    Believe this or not, tmobile will release a new bb device that is not the 9300 nor 9780 nor 9800, that will have as much appeal as the torch, but it will be designed specifically for tmo. I wonder, could it be this, the magnum/dakota, or is it the leaked patent. Believe me or not, just wait and see.
    08-28-10 03:18 PM
    for a device like this, I would pray that it would end up on a Verizon. Verizon is the most reliable CDMA network that also includes a GSM radio which technically makes it more world capable.... which in essense makes it a more complete tool!

Its funny how CDMA device manufacturers found a way to take a limited radio and make it even more versital
    08-28-10 04:24 PM
    Believe this or not, tmobile will release a new bb device that is not the 9300 nor 9780 nor 9800, that will have as much appeal as the torch, but it will be designed specifically for tmo. I wonder, could it be this, the magnum/dakota, or is it the leaked patent. Believe me or not, just wait and see.
    I await patiently while happily using my 9700!
    08-28-10 06:06 PM
    yea, thats the video I saw too.I dont know how I would feel about a Bold 9000 form factor. Yea the screen would be bigger and the keyboard more roomy, but I dont know what that would say about RIM, to go forward with their Bold design, and then go backward to the old again. It would keep them still looking like a chicken with its head cut off!

If they just keep the form of the 9700 and make it slightly larger (maybe a cross btwn the 2 sizes), I can logically flow with that. Back to a 9000 through and through and it would tell me that RIM is confused
    I would prefer the same phone you describe but in the bigger 9000 form factor...
    09-05-10 01:13 AM
    Except there were tons of leaks in terms of images, videos for these devices way before they came out and none for the so-called 9900. I am starting to get skeptical as well, although I am dying to see such a device.
    9900 became the 9800, FYI.
    09-05-10 03:16 PM
    So what do you make of the 9890? Real? Fake? Will there be a standard form BB with touch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 04:10 PM
    So what do you make of the 9890? Real? Fake? Will there be a standard form BB with touch?

I believe that the 9890/9850 are real developmental devices.
    09-05-10 04:53 PM
    This is most likely doctored, but with the exception of wanting the bold keyboard, this is exactly what I want!

Although this doctored photo looks slightly elongated. Probably to make the screen look bigger??? Either way, its still as close to my dream device as I've seen. What do you think?

I WISH I WISH I WISH!!!!

This photo hits my dreams right on the head! (would love the Bold keyboard..)
    This would be the end all of Blackberry's for me! Build it RIM!
    09-06-10 09:22 AM
    I dont think you get much buzz out of any rumored image than you do of the idea of a touch screen navigating BB Bold. I think not only should the device be created, but I think it should just be the standard evolution to the BB Bold line in general! It just makes so much sense!
    09-07-10 08:58 AM
    Touch Screen + Keypad is the perfect marriage and would definitely be a selling point for many. It just makes so much sense.
    09-07-10 09:59 AM
    Time to re-photoshop with OS6.

09-07-10 12:54 PM
    I don't get it....won't the screen size be the same it is currently for the Bold? The only difference will be that it has a touch screen?
    Last edited by Dilbert; 09-07-10 at 02:22 PM.
    09-07-10 02:17 PM
    I don't get it....won't the screen size be the same it is currently for the Bold? The only difference will be that it has a touch screen?
    right! But where full touch screen is more of a novelty rather than function over form, a touch screen just for navigation on a BB has more practicality than a trackpad that has to scroll through the menus in a more time consuming way.

Basically touching the icons and flick scrolling through menus makes the user more productive with the device. Then when its time to type, the device has RIMs superb keyboard which again, shows more fuction over form making the device a users dream! A slide keyboard upsets the balance of the device and almost seems to be forcing itself to work for 2 different worlds of consumer rather than just making the consumer mold to the device, which at the end of the day I think a successful company will do to ppl.

Also, a device like this would be the only one in existance (that I know of) making it original.... which is something RIM needs badly! Something that will set it apart from iphone and android.

Lastly, clicking and scroling will be VERY accurate since your not utilizing a keyboard. The icons in OS 5 and 6 are designed in a way where they just naturally fit the finger when selecting.

Keep the trackpad if you cant do the copy/paste accurately on the touch screen, it doesnt matter to me as long as whatever RIM chooses, it functions smoothly. But no trackpad "can" in theory make for a bigger screen. Again, I'm 50/50 with either one so long as it works smoothly and comfortably for the masses
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 09-07-10 at 07:31 PM.
    09-07-10 07:26 PM
    You make it sound very appealing. I love my Curve but wanted a touch screen so I tried the Storm. I hated it because mostly I missed the amazing BB keyboard. Torch sounds perfect for me but as you describe this Bold it almost sounds better. A large screen is what makes me think the Torch would be better but sliding the keyboard in and out sounds annoying. Let's hope RIM likes the idea of a touch Bold!

09-07-10 07:38 PM
    I wish there would be the "touch 9000" in sight!!!!
    But I don't believe it will be released soon...

Why?

Easy answer: RIM is spending so much money on advertisement to show us,
    that the 9800 torch is the new flaggship...
    They would be dumb to say: "Wait, there is the new flaggship", only a few weeks
    after releasing the torch...

09-07-10 07:54 PM
    I would say a Bold touch should be a phone having size of BB 9000 with touch pad and having keys shrunk to the size of 9700 thus making room for a large touch screen. There was a phone series in the past by HP titled HP Ipaq 6500 and 6900 series which had both i.e a touch screen as well as a full qwetry. Key board along with a small joy stick. I still have that phone as a backup phone and love it due to its practicality and sturdiness. It was and still is one of the best touch screen and keyboard combination smart phone that I have come across. If someone want to check its form factor and specs they can do it on CNET and phone arena websites. I would say that if RIM can develop such phone then it will become a great device for many years to come.

09-07-10 07:55 PM
    I also have doubt about the device if it isnt already in their 2 year roadmap. RIM is notorious for not changing their already thought out road map no matter how much the climate changes. So if it wasnt in their map already, I doubt they will put it in now
    09-07-10 08:13 PM
    I would say a Bold touch should be a phone having size of BB 9000 with touch pad and having keys shrunk to the size of 9700 thus making room for a large touch screen. There was a phone series in the past by HP titled HP Ipaq 6500 and 6900 series which had both i.e a touch screen as well as a full qwetry. Key board along with a small joy stick. I still have that phone as a backup phone and love it due to its practicality and sturdiness. It was and still is one of the best touch screen and keyboard combination smart phone that I have come across. If someone want to check its form factor and specs they can do it on CNET and phone arena websites. I would say that if RIM can develop such phone then it will become a great device for many years to come.

I dont care too much about the 9000 size, as long as it has the new Bold shape to it. Looking at the Bold 9000 today and it does look a bit clunky compared to todays smooth design form all around. Also, if wider also means thinner, then I'm all for it.

But personally, I still prefer a 9700 form factor. Just feels tighter and more personal. Whatever the size though, if the function over form rule governs the design, then it can only be a positive
    09-07-10 08:18 PM
    ...So if RIM is going forward with OS6 and release new devices as they should I will be expecting the 9900 which I think will be the 9000 form factor with a capacitive touch screen in November of this year. I'm also crossing my finger it'll have a better processor than the Torch as well as more Ram and higher resolution.....and Open GL
    This is the device I want... amped up 9000 form factor, touch screen, full qwerty key pad. Bigger is better - not a block of wood, but not a teenie 9700 either.
    09-11-10 04:00 PM
    There are a few touch QWERTY devices with a similar form factor as the BlackBerry. A few of them are running Windows Mobile( like the HTC Snap) and one is running Android ( like the Motorolla Charm).

Verizon has that Kin One, as well. Which I think is a variation of Windows Mobile.

So this isn't an original concept, but if it were put to a BlackBerry, I think it would really catch fire. Just make it a sligly bigger 9700, though a touch screen on it and decent processor and I'd be happy.

09-11-10 05:42 PM
    There are a few touch QWERTY devices with a similar form factor as the BlackBerry. A few of them are running Windows Mobile( like the HTC Snap) and one is running Android ( like the Motorolla Charm).

Verizon has that Kin One, as well. Which I think is a variation of Windows Mobile.

So this isn't an original concept, but if it were put to a BlackBerry, I think it would really catch fire. Just make it a sligly bigger 9700, though a touch screen on it and decent processor and I'd be happy.

I'm OK with that... But CDMA.

09-11-10 06:13 PM
    if not LTE, then at least give me dual radios with access to all GSM spectrums
    09-12-10 09:33 PM
    This is most likely doctored, but with the exception of wanting the bold keyboard, this is exactly what I want!

Although this doctored photo looks slightly elongated. Probably to make the screen look bigger??? Either way, its still as close to my dream device as I've seen. What do you think?

Now this is definitely my dream device! a blackberry with a touch-screen and a curve keyboard. yes i said a curve keyboard, i hate the bold keyboard (9700, 9650, 9800, etc) its just so compressed together which slows me down when texting or whatever. I know this a rumored device, but is this BlackBerry Magnum really going to come out for T-Mobile? If it is, ill have this BB forever, no lie.
    09-16-10 02:56 PM
    I think you may be on to somethin! The raised tips and the fact that the buttons are close together is a bit awkward on the Bold. It may of worked on the 9000 form factor, but on the 9700, it is a bit cramed. At the end of the day, you still need to use the tips of your thumbs to press each key, and the curve keyboard with the flatter keys and small spaces is actually better suited for this style of typing, IMO of course
    09-16-10 03:03 PM
    damn! I say we bash RIM with emails everyday including this photoshoped picture (above) so that they will make this device. They need to start listening to what their devoted customers want. If not, everyone will be moving to android, iphone, or windows phone, seriously. In fact, people are already moving to those devices because BB's arent hyped as it was nowadays or maybe their just bored with their BB as of now. In a way RIM did listen somehow & made the Torch 9800, but c'mon who likes sliders? sorry not me. Please RIM make this device as is w/ the curve keyboard (picture above) and i guarantee ill buy this phone even if i have to switch carriers haha.
    09-16-10 03:16 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD