Just trying to add the hype circulating around the new 'Storm 3' images, I got to thinking of some of the promising specs stated earlier. Obviously that sticker is there for a reason right? Could be covering a camera

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 12:21 AM
    Just an LED indicator. It has to have one to be a BB and I don't think they would have a camera that close to it.
    09-21-10 12:26 AM
    Good point there. I've also noticed that the device is rather thin, as described in some earlier specs back in the Spring. Side keys are hard to notice too. Also, that the power button is now on the bottom of the device like the Torch. Interesting.

09-21-10 12:59 AM
    Not only that, but with the BIS bottleneck that it is now, can you imagine if they started trying to run live streaming videoconferencing traffic through there? They are having a big enough issue just loading pics on web pages.
    09-21-10 06:05 AM
    The M is only a device placeholder. Like okay JamWar, how is device M running compared to device Q.

09-21-10 06:11 AM
    Its covering the laser.

09-21-10 06:53 AM
    Haha. You all have funny imaginations... Hope Device Q is in the shape of a banana...

09-21-10 07:36 AM
    I am just hoping that more pictures begin to surface. You know the guy took more than one picture. I would love to see a side shot to see how thin the device is.
    09-21-10 08:41 AM
    I'm pretty sure that I've seen the "M" sticker on other leaked prototypes.

Or it could hide the death ray, and that's a review model.
    09-21-10 09:09 AM
    M for mark...
    or the front facing camera for video calling
    09-21-10 09:15 AM
    A martian Death Ray........

09-21-10 06:07 PM
    Couldn't the led be built into a front facing camera?
    09-22-10 02:48 AM
    M is for My god is that robert loggia
    09-22-10 06:10 AM
    I am just hoping that more pictures begin to surface. You know the guy took more than one picture. I would love to see a side shot to see how thin the device is.
    What is it with the NEED to have a "wafer thin" phone? I want it to feel solid in my hand and something to grab and hold on too...If the phone is too thin, it feels cheap, like it will break, and generally has a small, thin, battery as well; give me a little "bulk" any day!
    09-22-10 07:49 AM
    What is it with the NEED to have a "wafer thin" phone? I want it to feel solid in my hand and something to grab and hold on too...If the phone is too thin, it feels cheap, like it will break, and generally has a small, thin, battery as well; give me a little "bulk" any day!
    I love a heavy device myself. Storm2 'thinness' is good for me. In the picture, I know the angle is flat but its still hard to see the side keys... This must be the device people have been talking about (S4) that will release in the spring '11... I didn't think they would be so close together but perhaps its just a whole new line of device. QNX we all are hoping I'm sure...

09-22-10 05:59 PM
    the M is where the pancake/waffle MAKER is going see m for maker so that this BB can finnaly make us all breakfast now see the Storm 4 will also be able to make beacon but they are saveing that feature for the 4...
    but inall seriousness i think its there to diferentiate between diferent prototype models...and i think the thinness of my storm 2 is perfect its light enought to fit in a pocket and not be to encumbersom but heavy and think enough if need be i could bludger an attacker with it
    09-22-10 06:25 PM
    the M is where the pancake/waffle MAKER is going see m for maker so that this BB can finnaly make us all breakfast now see the Storm 4 will also be able to make beacon but they are saveing that feature for the 4...
    but inall seriousness i think its there to diferentiate between diferent prototype models...and i think the thinness of my storm 2 is perfect its light enought to fit in a pocket and not be to encumbersom but heavy and think enough if need be i could bludger an attacker with it

Wow. Just wow.

09-22-10 08:14 PM
    I'm sticking with it hiding a death ray, and it's a review model.
    09-22-10 09:37 PM
    M for mark...
    or the front facing camera for video calling
    ugh...dont you remember what company you are dealing with? its rim we are talking about. we will not see video calling on a BB for at least 1yr, if not 2.
    09-23-10 12:57 AM
    ugh...dont you remember what company you are dealing with? its rim we are talking about. we will not see video calling on a BB for at least 1yr, if not 2.
    I so forgot! Lol, yea. That about right.

09-24-10 05:48 AM
    video chat...oh wait...its RIM
    09-24-10 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD