10-06-13 09:42 AM
31 12
tools
    i know many or some feel like z30 isnt enough, that this "flagship" phone should have been put front and center once bb10 was released or that BB is following in the steps of Apple in releasing devices that on a small scale progressively improves their devices

im all in for the z30 now, i give up waiting for a better BB device and i cant see myself with another another platform because Blackberry is a great organizational tool, i wished it had a removable battery and an application to workaround carrier limitations on tethering

once the z30 has been released what new "rumored" BB10 devices are coming? I say bb10 because i read somewhere on CB that a bb7 device is being released soon also..
    ItrathA likes this.
    09-20-13 01:20 PM
    I want the news / pics of the new top qwerty. Charging dock and BIS. Yes I can wait

Posted via my CB Q10
    09-20-13 01:26 PM
    Really ? I mean come on , the Pone is not even out yet and this thread ??
    Why don't you wait to see how go theSales first.
    09-20-13 01:28 PM
    I want a Q30...or even bigger, phablet with physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Alphax45 likes this.
    09-20-13 02:08 PM
    They need to aim low. Enough high end devices. Where are the cheap things for the masses? Release a Z5 priced to kill.

Posted via CB10
    Geeoff likes this.
    09-20-13 03:14 PM
    They need to aim low. Enough high end devices. Where are the cheap things for the masses? Release a Z5 priced to kill.

Posted via CB10
    AIM LOW??? REALLY???
    BB NEEDED (needs) a top tier device that can fill a spec sheet - from top to bottom and shine!

You want bottom end, the Z10 is the new entry level device... enjoy.
    09-20-13 10:04 PM
    Z50 maybe...

Given that Kevin has seen there road map of phones through 2015 I'm sure he knows.
    09-20-13 10:19 PM
    I hope a slider but I doubt it

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    09-20-13 10:20 PM
    The way Blackberry is, we'll be lucky if the Z30 sees the light of day.
    09-20-13 10:40 PM
    With the just-announced new roadmap, I think that things have changed.

From now on, four phones. A high and low end QWERTY (Q10 & Q5). And a high and low end touch screen (Z30 & Z10).

The next big, interesting release will be the upgraded Z30 (or it's replacement) next year. I'm hoping that they get a laptop replacement together because that's what Thor has talked about in the past. (There may be a Z5 - the cafe series - before then, but that is less interesting.)
    09-21-13 08:38 PM
    I'm glad they're going that route. They're streamlining their portfolio until they can branch out more.
    09-22-13 03:48 AM
    Bigger screen Q series please

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL and SonyainTx like this.
    09-22-13 03:49 AM
    AIM LOW??? REALLY???
    BB NEEDED (needs) a top tier device that can fill a spec sheet - from top to bottom and shine!

OK but they have to price it like a Nexus 4.
    09-22-13 09:16 AM
    There is nothing else after the Z30. The Z30 is the final instalment of the Six Four BB10 handsets.

(IF there is a next device) The next device will be the new low-end Z10 V.2 (most likely)

We now have the final four devices in the BB portfolio:

Low end:
    Z10 + Q5

Highend:
    Z30 + Q10

^^^
    I want to go in to how stupid the naming convention is and how I'm not surprised at the mass lay off's considering not a single soul highlighted the inconsistencies, may come across as harsh but this "it'll do attitude and its not my prerogative mindset" is tiresome , but... I won't.
    09-22-13 09:26 AM
    AIM LOW??? REALLY???

How do you think ms was able to get windows phone into people's hands? Cheap lumias.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:19 PM
    How do you think ms was able to get windows phone into people's hands? Cheap lumias.

Posted via CB10
    Nokia can make a sub $200 phone, and market it to the masses.

BlackBerry either cannot or chooses not to proceed the phones competitively, and their marketing, well..it is non existent.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:50 AM
    09-23-13 10:50 AM
    I'm watch happen with all the device to 6 to 4 and we all of them Z30, Q10, Z10 and Q5, I'm currently running BBos7 on my 9810 look to switch to BB10 don't yet witch one...and they cut the list...will see, still hope and believe in BlackBerry and BB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    09-24-13 03:19 AM
    Going to be interesting to see. What will come next?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:35 PM
    Just like with Google buying Motorola there are products already in the pipeline that will still be rolled out. So it might take a year or two before we see what this new direction for the company means in terms of hardware. (and if they will still make hardware)

Sent from my Q10
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-24-13 06:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup, and now the Z10 will be cheap.
    09-25-13 03:00 AM
    I think the Kopi is going to replace the Q5 and once Z10 stocks are depleted they'll have the Americano take its place.
    Then the Z30 will be moved to a 'midrange' position once the Z50 comes out.
    Obviously this means more than 4 phones though, assuming there's a Q10 replacement.
    Though who knows with all the crazy happenings in the last two weeks.
    It's a bit exciting, don't know what will happen next.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:06 PM
    I think the Kopi is going to replace the Q5 and once Z10 stocks are depleted they'll have the Americano take its place.
    Then the Z30 will be moved to a 'midrange' position once the Z50 comes out.
    Obviously this means more than 4 phones though, assuming there's a Q10 replacement.
    Though who knows with all the crazy happenings in the last two weeks.
    It's a bit exciting, don't know what will happen next.

Posted via CB10
    I think that is likely the timeline that we will see. The next two devices will be the entry-level qwerty and full touch models followed later by the new high end models of the qwerty and full touch. The big question is since their waiting till next fisical year to bring out these devices will they launch two devices at once or about one every quarter?

The other thing I worry about is with this new focus on the prosumer I feel that it is less likely that BlackBerry will be releasing a slider model. Although if they already have one in the pipeline they may end up releasing it.

Sent from my Q10
    09-25-13 08:02 PM
    so me holding out hope for a slider with a decent keyboard.... im SOL?
    09-26-13 12:30 AM
    I think that is likely the timeline that we will see. The next two devices will be the entry-level qwerty and full touch models followed later by the new high end models of the qwerty and full touch. The big question is since their waiting till next fisical year to bring out these devices will they launch two devices at once or about one every quarter?
    I would suspect that there won't be a full quarter gap between the entry-level models, in regions where both of those launch we will see the two of them show up within a month or so of each other with there then being a quarter gap to the first high-end model and then roughly another quarter after that until the second high-end model meaning that we are probably a year away from that second device at this point.
    09-26-13 05:10 AM
31 12