Hey guys,

I've been reading alot on the various possible codenames and models coming up in the future from RIM, but I can't find any information on is where blackberry plans to go with its Pearl lineup. Perhaps it's just that noone knows yet, but I'm in the market for a new phone and I loved how small and portable my Pearl was. I'm with T-Mobile, so should I just get the bigger 8900, or is there anything in the near future I should be waiting for?

Thanks in advance
    08-22-09 01:08 AM
    Hello...I too love my pearl, even though it looks tiny with my giant hands and body frame.

I've been using mine for couple of years...and now looking for the next thing. I too like the look of 8900, but eagerly waiting for 9700. I too am not aware of any new upcoming pearl updates.

Guess, I'll upgrade to 9700 with all upto date must have's and its decent size.:-)
    08-22-09 05:21 AM
    you could do a search:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f150/up...coming-281833/

just towards the bottom of the first page
    08-22-09 07:46 AM
    I switch from a pearl to 8900 in February and I love the 8900. But the pearl was easier to type with due to bigger/fewer keys and Suretype. The 8900 has the symbols on the keybords so there's no need to go to the separate symbol screen for parentheses, ect. The pearl was excellent but the bigger screen makes the 8900 much better for browing. Not even close.
    08-22-09 01:15 PM
    Being a former pearl user upgrading to storm/bold, i do miss that small feeling that the pearl gave, but with the newer os/internal upgrades and such i dont really miss having the thing around to much.
    but i did go from EDGE to 3g which was a big difference for me at least.and lastly i went from the compact qwerty keyboard to the fullsize qwerty and i have to say that i love it.
    so dont be afraid to make the jump, heck you might even end up loving it. If you have a best buy around they let you test phones for 30 days also
    08-23-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD