04-23-18 07:57 AM
271 ... 7891011
tools
    I wonder if they're not fully committed to near-term release or still negotiating with carriers. If they don't get real carrier distribution this go-around with all USA carriers, BBMo/TCL license will not be renewed.
    GoDaddy (Europe's web store).... I think that is the future of BBMo sales.

If they follow the KEYone's trailblazing release... March fits the time line that non exclusive carriers (AT&T) were opened up to sales in the US. Of course there wasn't an exclusive carrier this time around, so who knows. But there have been several comments that the CDMA Motion isn't coming which means that probable only AT&T might be interested.... if they have enough enterprise customers asking for it.

But going forward, Folks had been waiting on the KEYone for a year and half... most of the PKB demand has been meet (those that could afford it). I really question how big a market there is for three PKB devices....
    02-19-18 11:14 AM
    GoDaddy (Europe's web store).... I think that is the future of BBMo sales.

If they follow the KEYone's trailblazing release... March fits the time line that non exclusive carriers (AT&T) were opened up to sales in the US. Of course there wasn't an exclusive carrier this time around, so who knows. But there have been several comments that the CDMA Motion isn't coming which means that probable only AT&T might be interested.... if they have enough enterprise customers asking for it.

But going forward, Folks had been waiting on the KEYone for a year and half... most of the PKB demand has been meet (those that could afford it). I really question how big a market there is for three PKB devices....
    That's no future if BBMo/TCL doesn't gain much better traction in NA. The Alcatel brand is strong enough in Europe to save on BB licensing costs.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    02-19-18 11:21 AM
    Ha ha I wish I could get more info. I don't think my source will be talking to me anymore since he may have gotten in a bit of trouble for saying as much as he did. I can only say that Blackberry was not happy that this news got out because I assume they had plans to unveiled the news at such an upcoming event. We will just have to wait and see now.

No idea why the push back but usually there is always a delay where companies push back their release dates due to complications in manufacturing or parts supply. It is good to know though that the time line laid out should stand and we can plan what phone we may want to purchase.

It's beyond me why companies especially Blackberry keep secrets like this, leaving unsatisfied customer base (which I think they are not in short supply of) guessing whether to buy another brand android, iPhone or wait for what could or could not be what they were hoping for. At least with this news we know there is reason to wait.
    Oops, BlackBerryMobile was able to pin point your source as the possible person to have leaked the info?
    An article up on CrackBerry and everyone else running with the story just from one post of yours *rotfl*
    How does it feel mate?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-19-18 11:46 AM
    Oops, BlackBerryMobile was able to pin point your source as the possible person to have leaked the info.
    An article up on CrackBerry and everyone else running with the story just from one post of yours *rotfl*
    How does it feel mate?

Almost famous..... LOL
    AmritD and The_Passporter like this.
    02-19-18 11:47 AM
    Oops, BlackBerryMobile was able to pin point your source as the possible person to have leaked the info?
    How does it feel mate?

Almost famous..... LOL
    Just call me Joe Dirt lol!

Short-lived Whatever keyboard device is next...-8438f52b673cc537f3329177fb81c99b.jpg
    jamesharmeling and AmritD like this.
    02-19-18 01:25 PM
    Just call me Joe Dirt lol!

Short-lived Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8438f52b673cc537f3329177fb81c99b.jpg 
Views:	856 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	434425
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Best reply/comment I've seen around here in months.
    02-19-18 05:37 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I'm not one of those people. I moved on to the Passport SE from the Classic because I wanted more power and speed from my BlackBerry 10 device. I still don't like having the virtual keyboard supplement the three-row physical one on the Passport. Perhaps I just miss that fourth row, alt key and toolbelt. Anyway, Athena should satisfy those BlackBerry fans who like keys bigger than the KEYone or Classic.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    Yes..KeyOne keyboard was too small for my liking....

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    02-20-18 06:50 AM
    Really? I find the KEYone keyboard to be one of the best ever on a BlackBerry. Much more efficient then the 3 row Passport set up.
    I love my BlackBerry Keyone and its keabord, but nothing compared to the BB CLASSIC´s keaboard! also , the trackpack makes much easier and festest the edition of the text .
    i am loyal to BB and I am looking forward to the next one coming.. I hope it comes with a perfect keabord like the Classic´s and with a trackpack..
    02-28-18 09:09 AM
    Bring on “The Passport Plus!!!!!” An updated version of the passport with the same identical 3 row keyboard but make the screen larger 4x3, make the camera the best one on the market for low light situations, especially indoors, make it easy to hook up to the business or home computer to sync music and documents and advertise it properly! But most importantly, make sure each store has a floor sample so people can feel it and experience it. And it wouldn’t hurt if they give “spiffs” sales incentives to the sales team to promote it! If done right the business world will go crazy over an indestructible business phone!!!!!!!
    Qorax likes this.
    03-01-18 12:43 AM
    Bring on “The Passport Plus!!!!!” An updated version of the passport with the same identical 3 row keyboard but make the screen larger 4x3, make the camera the best one on the market for low light situations, especially indoors, make it easy to hook up to the business or home computer to sync music and documents and advertise it properly! But most importantly, make sure each store has a floor sample so people can feel it and experience it. And it wouldn’t hurt if they give “spiffs” sales incentives to the sales team to promote it! If done right the business world will go crazy over an indestructible business phone!!!!!!!
    How about keep the same LxWxH but with full body display ~ and have the keyboard slide out? PRIVpassport
    03-01-18 05:29 AM
    i used my passport for a few weeks when i send my keyone for repairs (screen KIA). Made me miss the bigger keys too. Really curious about the new phones. Fingers crossed for something bigger!
    03-01-18 09:09 AM
    today out of nostalgia, sentiment I dug out my old curve 9320 and I missed so much that clicky keyboard. Also I noticed that it isnt just about the size of the keys but the fact that I had space around each key so I could type and not touch other keys. I typed easier on this curve than on bold 9900 or q10.
    Qorax, phuoc, Mrs Teapot and 2 others like this.
    03-01-18 10:27 AM
    I'll throw my two cents in here since I'm a current Passport SE user and on the fence about getting the K1 Black or waiting until the next PKB device.

I used to have the Bold 9900 and I loved it. By far my favorite typing experience and just overall phone experience. I didn't care that I couldn't watch videos in landscape, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten a PPSE. That's what my laptop and smart TV is for. At first I hated the 3-row KB, but after almost two years with the device, I've definitely gotten used to it. . . But let's be real here guys n gals. It is in NO way faster typing than the Bold, Classic, or (probably) the K1. I mean I've learned to type fast on it but I can NEVER type as fast as I could with my Bold or Classic. Not to mention I could actually type with one hand where as its impossible (for my short thumbs) to do so on the PP. While I will say the keys on the PPSE are very comfortable compared to a Bold or Classic, it has to be said that you cannot type as fast on 3 rows. And I know people will say "oh I type faster on my passport"...well no you don't. I used Bold heavily and blasted out messages and emails like there's no tomorrow. And no matter how hard I train with speed typing apps, the PP keyboard is just not as efficient like others have said before me. The ONLY reason the keys are 3 rows is because of the form factor of the PP.

TL;DR: 3 row keys are more comfortable but not as efficient as 4 row keys. Plain and simple.
    Source: owned Bold 9900, Classic, Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    tazcubed likes this.
    03-06-18 10:59 AM
    How about keep the same LxWxH but with full body display ~ and have the keyboard slide out? PRIVpassport
    THAT is what I keep stating and hoping for. They do that and I'll buy on sight (and save my own eyes). I'm truly hating the iPhoneX I've got right now.
    phuoc and Qorax like this.
    03-06-18 12:07 PM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard is great. I feel like barfing everytime I see that damn 3-row keyboard nonsense...
    03-07-18 01:08 AM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ is my favourite by far.

Capacitive-touch without the giant carpal tunnel thumb travel.
    It reminds me of my Q10. I like the glossy feel on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ like as if there is a smooth transition from glass to keys. If I were to pick which I like the best the Passport would be my top with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a close second.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-07-18 08:07 AM
    I love my BlackBerry Keyone and its keabord, but nothing compared to the BB CLASSIC´s keaboard! also , the trackpack makes much easier and festest the edition of the text .
    i am loyal to BB and I am looking forward to the next one coming.. I hope it comes with a perfect keabord like the Classic´s and with a trackpack..
    I agree with this completely!

Nuff said
    03-07-18 08:28 AM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard is great. I feel like barfing everytime I see that damn 3-row keyboard nonsense...
    +1
    Although I wouldn't mind to be a little bigger.
    But no 3 Row.

03-07-18 08:29 AM
    For me, both classic and passport gave me awesome PKB experience. 3 row didn't bothered me at all and I was very impressed by BlackBerry Passport but I will give slight edge to classic PKB. I wish classic had better specifications.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-07-18 11:03 AM
    I wish classic had better specifications.
    And that it ran android
    phuoc likes this.
    03-07-18 03:26 PM
    I have to say the passport was the best blackberry ever! if it could officially run android it would be perfect!
    03-08-18 10:58 PM
    100% agree!

Haha, after using the KEYone for quite some time I hate not having the alt key to quickly select symbols and numbers. I'm always using them through work emails and can't imagine having to being them up on the touchscreen.
    jamesharmeling and tazcubed like this.
    03-13-18 08:47 AM
    As I said a 4 row keyboard is efficient as in its a natural typing experience. When you type on your laptop, you naturally use shift or alt to symbols and numbers. Imagine having to go to an on screen keyboard even if it made your pkb larger and more compact, it wouldn't be as efficient of an experience. Yes I get its an extreme example but just trying to make the point. So the passport keyboard does technically make the typing experience slower and less efficient in my opinion.
    I'm not saying it isn't a great keyboard however.
    Not for me. The 3 row keyboard from the Passport is super efficient.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-14-18 04:18 AM
    Whatever keyboard device is next...-blackberry-2018-edited.jpeg

No Photoshop Today . . .

Middle BBE100-1? edit
    Miss one handed Curve
    Use Q10 or Passport

Thanks to DamianWarS for the graphic
    CrackPriv likes this.
    03-17-18 12:23 PM
    Nix the soft touch buttons in favor of on screen buttons and I'd take it
    tazcubed likes this.