02-20-18 07:50 AM
207 ... 6789
tools
    Agree.

I've had 8 BB's and really miss BB10. The Hub, calendar, phone and clock features are superior on BB10. The keyboard was better on my Classic and maybe even Q10.

The KEYone battery life is awesome. Legit headphone jack. Great design and looking phone. The apps are nice to have from 10 but I really miss the OS features mentioned above.

I'd also like to see something smaller vs larger in the future.
    I agree! BB10 and original BlackBerry apps were awesome! Miss the original BlackBerry clack and alarms!
    02-14-18 04:43 PM
    I'm thinking that they already have.... $499 USD seems to be the "new" price.

Your dealing with low volumes and build it as you sell it.... you aren't going to see the typical deep discounts like bigger OEMs offer, or like BlackBerry did after writing off inventory.
    Let's just hope the bronze edition doesn't count as one of the two 'new' PKB devices for 2018. Looking forward to some interesting offerings (and I dare say meaningful hardware upgrades) from TCL this year with BlackBerry.
    02-14-18 04:51 PM
    I would prefer passport size keys as well.. the passport just types efficiently, and is close to glass typing than KeyOne.
    The alt is actually the thing that slows me down more than anything else. Guess for those of us who are more used to glass-typing, the 3 row passport is better.
    Then again i am one of those who loved the Haptic(kinetic) Storm 2 KB.. it was the best typing experience I have had.
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-14-18 05:13 PM
    I prefer passport wide keyboard as well.
    02-14-18 07:40 PM
    Let's just hope the bronze edition doesn't count as one of the two 'new' PKB devices for 2018. Looking forward to some interesting offerings (and I dare say meaningful hardware upgrades) from TCL this year with BlackBerry.
    That would be really stupid as they announced the two PKB devices at the same time as they announced the Bronze K1. Those should be two separate announcements that have nothing to do with one another.
    02-15-18 09:24 AM
    That would be really stupid as they announced the two PKB devices at the same time as they announced the Bronze K1. Those should be two separate announcements that have nothing to do with one another.
    No they made it clear that is would be two new devices.... as many already called them on the three "new" devices for last year that didn't show up, unless you counted the KEYone variant.

Maybe looking at one in early summer and the other at the very end of the year (just guessing) But as we have seen already from these three licensee... plans change based on market conditions.

I do wonder if part of their reorganization at TCL... that maybe the PALM plans have again been put on hold, and whatever they were working on, becomes a BlackBerry?
    02-15-18 09:45 AM
    Someone posted a rumour saying the two alleged devices will not launch at MWC.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/02/15/b...ent-3759764417

*shrug*
    02-15-18 01:57 PM
    Someone posted a rumour saying the two alleged devices will not launch at MWC.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/02/15/b...ent-3759764417

*shrug*
    I doubt they would "launch" at MWC, but would expect some kind of preview.
    02-15-18 03:18 PM
    I doubt they would "launch" at MWC, but would expect some kind of preview.
    Guy seems to suggest not that either, it won't be on sale near MWC anyways.

That's why I shrugged.
    02-15-18 03:28 PM
    Guy seems to suggest not that either, it won't be on sale near MWC anyways.

That's why I shrugged.
    Not so sure about that. Seems like the K1 may be going out of production soon (at least the 32GB version) with carriers such as Telus already taking it down from their website.
    02-15-18 04:59 PM
    there is "0" comment on the article you posted ?
    02-15-18 06:32 PM
    9900 width is good. The height of the Z10 is acceptable. They can play with the screen size and bezels all they want, but I would like the maximum outer dimensions to be 5.125"x2.67" range.

For comparison,
    KEYone: 5.87" x 2.85"
    9900: 4.53"x2.6"
    Z10: 5.12"x2.58"
    Samsung S8: 5.86" x 2.68"

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Completely agree. 9900/Q10/Z10 form factor was great. Classic was a little too big. Keyone is definitely too big for my tastes. If they could slim it down by about 5-10 millimeters in height and width it would be pretty close to a dream device.
    02-16-18 11:37 PM
    Completely agree. 9900/Q10/Z10 form factor was great. Classic was a little too big. Keyone is definitely too big for my tastes. If they could slim it down by about 5-10 millimeters in height and width it would be pretty close to a dream device.
    Would like the next one to be smaller too, but don't think that's gonna happen in this market. Let's see....maybe we get a glimpse of the new phone at MWC.
    02-17-18 04:57 AM
    We can close the keyboard discussion. BlackBerry already made the perfect pkb when they introduced the Classic - and I am writing this on my PP SE ;-)

We don't wanna make this a keyboard thread (again) but PP is to wide and 3 rows...come on!

CB10 on my PP SE
    Opinions are not facts.

Many people think that Passport keyboard is better than Classic one.

Classic fans already have KEYone, it's time to please the Passport fans.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    02-17-18 11:29 AM
    Opinions are not facts.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not one of those people. I moved on to the Passport SE from the Classic because I wanted more power and speed from my BlackBerry 10 device. I still don't like having the virtual keyboard supplement the three-row physical one on the Passport. Perhaps I just miss that fourth row, alt key and toolbelt. Anyway, Athena should satisfy those BlackBerry fans who like keys bigger than the KEYone or Classic.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    02-17-18 03:50 PM
    No they made it clear that is would be two new devices.... as many already called them on the three "new" devices for last year that didn't show up, unless you counted the KEYone variant.

Maybe looking at one in early summer and the other at the very end of the year (just guessing) But as we have seen already from these three licensee... plans change based on market conditions.

I do wonder if part of their reorganization at TCL... that maybe the PALM plans have again been put on hold, and whatever they were working on, becomes a BlackBerry?
    I heard from a good source that there are three definite device launches. April = Athena, August = Luna and January = no name yet but it will be a full touch device. Athena and Luna will have keyboards just not sure 100% what kind and January will be full touch. Luna will be a corporate business phone that will not impress fans but Athena and the no-name will be interesting.

Also these dates have been already pushed back so I was told that they are timed and on schedule.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and Azumarill like this.
    02-17-18 04:23 PM
    I just hope that North American availability will happen. Love my KEYone, but will buy what's coming the minute it's available.
    02-17-18 06:07 PM
    Opinions are not facts.

Posted via CB10
    Dude dont take everything so serious.

This is a fan forum...it's full mainly of opinions and not measurable facts. Pointing that out is kinda lame.
    02-17-18 07:20 PM
    I just hope that North American availability will happen. Love my KEYone, but will buy what's coming the minute it's available.
    North America seems to be among the first places that have seen a BBMo launch.... as Canada is North American.

If you mean US... no reason to to expect to see an unlocked version as in the past. Do wonder if the BBMo store in Europe might not be the future of BBMo sales.

If you are looking for Carrier sales in the US....
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-19-18 08:40 AM
    I heard from a good source that there are three definite device launches. April = Athena, August = Luna and January = no name yet but it will be a full touch device. Athena and Luna will have keyboards just not sure 100% what kind and January will be full touch. Luna will be a corporate business phone that will not impress fans but Athena and the no-name will be interesting.

Also these dates have been already pushed back so I was told that they are timed and on schedule.

Posted via CB10
    Which means Luna will be somewhat along the curve/Q5 line? They do need something at that price point so good call.
    Any idea why were they pushed back?
    Can you also find out if possible whether we would hear anything at the MWC or not?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-19-18 08:50 AM
    Which means Luna will be somewhat along the curve/Q5 line? They do need something at that price point so good call.
    Can you also find out if possible whether we would hear anything at the MWC or not?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    Ha ha I wish I could get more info. I don't think my source will be talking to me anymore since he may have gotten in a bit of trouble for saying as much as he did. I can only say that Blackberry was not happy that this news got out because I assume they had plans to unveiled the news at such an upcoming event. We will just have to wait and see now.

No idea why the push back but usually there is always a delay where companies push back their release dates due to complications in manufacturing or parts supply. It is good to know though that the time line laid out should stand and we can plan what phone we may want to purchase.

It's beyond me why companies especially Blackberry keep secrets like this, leaving unsatisfied customer base (which I think they are not in short supply of) guessing whether to buy another brand android, iPhone or wait for what could or could not be what they were hoping for. At least with this news we know there is reason to wait.
    02-19-18 09:07 AM
    My guess....

1) They have learn a few things about the BlackBerry market over this first year. And have had to adjust the plans somewhat. Don't think Enterprise is as big a potential as they hoped, or that Retailers have been as easy to make deals with. I'm sure the lack of interest when they went shopping the Motion, had them rethink their plans for a higher end all touch, and instead focus on the PKB form factor for now.

2) TCL is in a state of reorganization... you can bet that affects a lot of aspects of BBMo ability to operate. If they can stabilize their finical situation, and can get their smartphone business back on track... that will help BBMo too.
    02-19-18 09:40 AM
    Ha ha I wish I could get more info. I don't think my source will be talking to me anymore since he may have gotten in a bit of trouble for saying as much as he did. I can only say that Blackberry was not happy that this news got out because I assume they had plans to unveiled the news at such an upcoming event. We will just have to wait and see now.

No idea why the push back but usually there is always a delay where companies push back their release dates due to complications in manufacturing or parts supply. It is good to know though that the time line laid out should stand and we can plan what phone we may want to purchase.

It's beyond me why companies especially Blackberry keep secrets like this, leaving unsatisfied customer base (which I think they are not in short supply of) guessing whether to buy another brand android, iPhone or wait for what could or could not be what they were hoping for. At least with this news we know there is reason to wait.
    I wonder if they're not fully committed to near-term release or still negotiating with carriers. If they don't get real carrier distribution this go-around with all USA carriers, BBMo/TCL license will not be renewed.
    02-19-18 09:47 AM
    I wonder if they're not fully committed to near-term release or still negotiating with carriers. If they don't get real carrier distribution this go-around with all USA carriers, BBMo/TCL license will not be renewed.
    I think they said they were getting positive feedback from carriers and was looking really good for Athena. I think TCL will be bringing the brand back. Actually looking at buying some BlackBerry stock when the price takes a dip.
    02-19-18 11:22 AM
    I think they said they were getting positive feedback from carriers and was looking really good for Athena. I think TCL will be bringing the brand back. Actually looking at buying some BlackBerry stock when the price takes a dip.
    I would research more about the significance of BBMo/TCL licensed hardware and carrier distribution to BB itself. There's still too much unknown about the licensing business and it's future importance to and commitment from BlackBerry.

BB revenue growth and possible future profits hinge more right now and in the immediate future on it's core businesses not related to phones. All the phone business does now is give free publicity to BlackBerry and John Chen on the business channels.

**** full disclosure - I'm a registered person in the industry.
    02-19-18 11:30 AM
207 ... 6789