04-23-18 07:57 AM
271 ... 56789 ...
tools
    That's what I'm talking about. Give me my three row keyboard back!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    02-03-18 04:35 AM
    That's what I'm talking about. Give me my three row keyboard back!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Three row PKB = more screen space as well.
    02-03-18 06:26 AM
    Yep. Three row PKB = more screen space as well.
    More screen space that will be used for numbers and symbols
    jamesharmeling and tazcubed like this.
    02-03-18 01:14 PM
    3 rows is fine but with symbols and alt key
    02-03-18 02:03 PM
    Is it even possible that we might see something like DeX? That sure would be productivity fantasy.

Release a KeyTwo Pro with a DeX like companion to run android on desktop...

I would be all over it.
    herbersh likes this.
    02-03-18 02:41 PM
    I'm with you. The size of the keyboard on the Passport was great - wish they had kept it. However, it was easier for me to type on a Priv (which is considered one of the worst BB keyboards) simply because it had 4 rows. Had they made a 4 row Passport, well, I would have stuck with it far longer as the wider screen eased the strain on my eyes. With the 3 row keyboard and virtual part, I had a number of errors from touching the screen because there wasn't a slight separation between the keyboard and the screen, not to mention how outright annoying it was to not have the tactile feedback from the screen keys.

Now, if they were to bring back a Passport like device, then please update it with the same 4 row capacitive touch and the fingerprint reader and I'll be waiting in line.
    02-06-18 08:36 AM
    Why didnt they just put the alt key on the passport keyboard, it is big enough to fit in one more key, + symbols on keys and you got your fully functional 3 row keyboard.
    02-06-18 10:53 AM
    Why didnt they just put the alt key on the passport keyboard, it is big enough to fit in one more key, + symbols on keys and you got your fully functional 3 row keyboard.
    I suspect because if you wanted to use the an alt key the the right hand may have to reach all the way over to the left side of that wide phone to access the number keys or any other desired key. The Passport was a perfect design for the former factor it was. If they made the Keyone slightly wider with larger keys then I would be very interested. If they make a motion size keyboard phones then I would love to try the beloved Passport three rows again on that kind of realestate.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-08-18 08:19 AM
    Me too, I love Passport the most.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-08-18 09:08 AM
    No thanks to a three row. I love the efficiency of my KEYone and Classic keyboards.
    02-08-18 09:55 AM
    I am with you on that. I never bought an OS7 phone because I thought the keyboards were too tight and here they are doing it again with the Keyone. If they continue with the same size keyboard and don't try anything else that obviously worked like the Passport style, then I don't think I will be buying another BlackBerry.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-08-18 04:44 PM
    I am with you on that. I never bought an OS7 phone because I thought the keyboards were too tight and here they are doing it again with the Keyone. If they continue with the same size keyboard and don't try anything else that obviously worked like the Passport style, then I don't think I will be buying another BlackBerry.
    The PKB used in the KEYone, Classic, Q10 and previous BBOS devices are what BB sold the most of. They're not sleighting the Passport. They are just going with tried and true PKB that most people identify with a BB PKB.
    02-08-18 05:02 PM
    Yep, give me a Motion with a Passport PKB, better camera, remove the ugly home-button, keep the overall Motion dimensions and I will finally swap my Passport with it.
    02-08-18 05:17 PM
    The PKB used in the KEYone, Classic, Q10 and previous BBOS devices are what BB sold the most of. They're not sleighting the Passport. They are just going with tried and true PKB that most people identify with a BB PKB.
    In all fairness that's all they've done so to say tried and true is kind of a narrowed scope of view or comparison. The Passport was the first of its kind and without getting into number or state of BlackBerry at that time or lack of marketing. I would go on record to say 95% of all who tried the Passport loved it.
    Yep, give me a Motion with a Passport PKB, better camera, remove the ugly home-button, keep the overall Motion dimensions and I will finally swap my Passport with it.
    That is exactly what I'm hoping for and I will buy it as soon as they launch the black edition with better specs 6 months after initial launch of the their basic silver edition lol.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-08-18 06:53 PM
    In all fairness that's all they've done so to say tried and true is kind of a narrowed scope of view or comparison. The Passport was the first of its kind and without getting into number or state of BlackBerry at that time or lack of marketing. I would go on record to say 95% of all who tried the Passport loved it. That is exactly what I'm hoping for and I will buy it as soon as they launch the black edition with better specs 6 months after initial launch of the their basic silver edition lol.
    Many people refused to even try it. For a measure of acceptance, carriers agreed to carry and did carry the Classic and the Q10. When deciding what factors and format to use in the KEYone, I'm certain that BB and BBMo/TCL had internal sales data of the entire Q line and the Bold.

If the unique and radical Passport design and/or PKB would have sold better, it would have been used. I've owned all the Q series and didn't care for the PKB as much because of the missing fourth row.

BBMo/TCL wants to sells as many PKB devices as possible. They'll go with a single form that overlays the greatest potential of profitable buyers. Statistically, play the odds....
    02-08-18 07:07 PM
    Many people refused to even try it. For a measure of acceptance, carriers agreed to carry and did carry the Classic and the Q10. When deciding what factors and format to use in the KEYone, I'm certain that BB and BBMo/TCL had internal sales data of the entire Q line and the Bold.

If the unique and radical Passport design and/or PKB would have sold better, it would have been used. I've owned all the Q series and didn't care for the PKB as much because of the missing fourth row.

BBMo/TCL wants to sells as many PKB devices as possible. They'll go with a single form that overlays the greatest potential of profitable buyers. Statistically, play the odds....
    I am anxiously waiting to see if your predictions come true. If they do make a motion size physical keyboard phone then it may be big enough even with four rows for me but I still prefer the Passport style as its the only ever keyboard I've used or wish to use
    Qorax likes this.
    02-08-18 07:12 PM
    basically an upgraded KEYone and budget KEYone, aka BBE100 and BBF100
    02-08-18 08:56 PM
    I tried a Passport OG for a week, and while the actual keys were enjoyable to type on, it was very annoying to have to rely on the touch screen for ANYTHING besides the alphabet itself and spacebar.
    A KEYone one-piece IP67 multi colored backlight keyboard with slightly wider keys (meaning larger body as well) would be great. I wouldn't ask for more, and I don't know how it could get better than that.
    tazcubed likes this.
    02-09-18 04:18 AM
    basically an upgraded KEYone and budget KEYone, aka BBE100 and BBF100
    I was thinking the other day, they might just keep the original KEYone in production and lower the MSRP. I kinda doubt they actually returned on investment for the thing yet.
    02-10-18 11:13 PM
    I was thinking the other day, they might just keep the original KEYone in production and lower the MSRP. I kinda doubt they actually returned on investment for the thing yet.
    I'd hope they broke even by now, close to a year from initial release with many worldwide markets covered, and also having announced 2 more PKB devices...
    02-11-18 02:19 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yep,,,' I prefer wider KeyOne with better and bigger keyboard...

Still rocking my Passport until then...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 03:51 PM
    We can close the keyboard discussion. BlackBerry already made the perfect pkb when they introduced the Classic - and I am writing this on my PP SE ;-)

We don't wanna make this a keyboard thread (again) but PP is to wide and 3 rows...come on!

CB10 on my PP SE
    02-13-18 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry already made the perfect pkb when they introduced the Classic

CB10 on my PP SE
    Classic PKB doesn't have fp scanner in spacebar, doesn't have touch sensors, doesn't have IP rating, doesn't have RGB backlighting, and it's keys are invidiually glued.

Far from the perfect PKB, but it's pretty enjoyable to use.
    Qorax and jamesharmeling like this.
    02-14-18 04:55 AM
    I'm thinking that they already have.... $499 USD seems to be the "new" price.

Your dealing with low volumes and build it as you sell it.... you aren't going to see the typical deep discounts like bigger OEMs offer, or like BlackBerry did after writing off inventory.
    02-14-18 09:35 AM
    PLEASE bring back the proper BlackBerry hardware! Either a Blackberry Classic/Q10 keyboard or a Passport keyboard!

The KEYone keyboard sucks compared to real BlackBerry keyboards. I hope someone from Blackberry is reading this!
    Agree.

I've had 8 BB's and really miss BB10. The Hub, calendar, phone and clock features are superior on BB10. The keyboard was better on my Classic and maybe even Q10.

The KEYone battery life is awesome. Legit headphone jack. Great design and looking phone. The apps are nice to have from 10 but I really miss the OS features mentioned above.

I'd also like to see something smaller vs larger in the future.
    DWonder likes this.
    02-14-18 11:02 AM
271 ... 56789 ...