Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-30-19 11:56 PM
248 ... 56789 ...
tools
    100% True, once I started using my a6400, taking pics with a phone wasn't even an option. Huge difference in quality, and I don't care what phone you have.
    True, but just another thing to carry around.
    Today’s smartphone are capable of taking darned good pictures with a device most of us have with us 24/7. It covers most of what we need to do except for serious times like special events and such.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    05-20-19 01:12 PM
    My view of the world just became dimmer discovering Chuck is in the gene pool
    Um, and just what does this have to do with the next BlackBerry device...?? Just askin'.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-20-19 02:42 PM
    I reluctantly bought a KEY2 recently, only because my K1BE back cover was coming off. otherwise it's still excellent.

I told myself I'll skip a generation as I would really like a decent camera to take decent pictures of my first born baby. I bought my wife a pixel because I knew this was coming but I wonder is it really to much for TCL to build a BlackBerry phone with a good camera?

the PRIV had a camera on the same level as the iPhone for its time.
    I see this (great camera) as the most important major upgrade we could have for the next BlackBerry device. As that say, "a picture is worth a thousand words." People see the photos we post in social media and if it is documented to be a BlackBerry device that is important for PR as well as being an important feature for those of us who use them.
    05-20-19 02:46 PM
    True, but just another thing to carry around.
    Today’s smartphone are capable of taking darned good pictures with a device most of us have with us 24/7. It covers most of what we need to do except for serious times like special events and such.
    Agree.... Vacation and Events use to mean I needed to pull out my DSLR. I don't even bother anymore.

Disney World when the kids were little, I'd have a VHS Camcorder, a old Nikon Film Camera with a few lenses... plus a backpack of kids snack and drinks. Today I go in through the no bag check line...
    chain13 likes this.
    05-20-19 03:21 PM
    Agree.... Vacation and Events use to mean I needed to pull out my DSLR. I don't even bother anymore.

Disney World when the kids were little, I'd have a VHS Camcorder, a old Nikon Film Camera with a few lenses... plus a backpack of kids snack and drinks. Today I go in through the no bag check line...
    Yup.
    Just came back from vacation in Europe. Three countries and lots of pictures I’ll enjoy for years to come...taken on my Nokia 7.1. According to my wife’s Fitbit we did about 175,000 steps. Was not about to carry more than I needed to.
    Now if one of my daughters ever gets married, I’m sure we’ll use a professional photographer.
    chain13 likes this.
    05-20-19 03:45 PM
    "a picture is worth a thousand words."
    Maybe that's true for you, but it is complete bull**** in my world, which consists almost exclusively of long form formal written communication. That's why BlackBerry has been a critical piece of my kit for 15 years. I have never used a photo taken by me in any professional correspondence. I like that I have a basic camera to take photos of preexisting damage to rental cars or a display at a trade show, but I would happily buy a BB10 style phone with no camera over any Android/iOS phone at all.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-20-19 05:50 PM
    Um, and just what does this have to do with the next BlackBerry device...?? Just askin'.
    Wow!!!! I’m not sure if that’s in defense of me or deference to me or just offended at me..... LOL

The connection is that due to fact I’m not an IT guy, I’m located in Florida, I’m considered a white trash redneck, I’m a serious BB and BBMo fan and I believe the BBJ100 is going to be either a VKB or PKB device if actually manufactured... ;-) last sentence tie-in with thread....

I’m Chuck Finley69 and I do write then formally approve this reply...
    RWIndiana, elfabio80 and Tim-ANC like this.
    05-20-19 06:23 PM
    I’m considered a white trash redneck
    So that's why they were sold out of beaters at every Walmart I visited in Orlando.
    05-20-19 08:38 PM
    So that's why they were sold out of beaters at every Walmart I visited in Orlando.
    Well I still am not positive about the BBJ100 and yes on the beaters. Closest location since all the ones in Lakeland were sold out first...
    05-20-19 08:45 PM
    I reluctantly bought a KEY2 recently, only because my K1BE back cover was coming off. otherwise it's still excellent.

I told myself I'll skip a generation as I would really like a decent camera to take decent pictures of my first born baby. I bought my wife a pixel because I knew this was coming but I wonder is it really to much for TCL to build a BlackBerry phone with a good camera?

the PRIV had a camera on the same level as the iPhone for its time.
    What's so bad about the KEY2 camera? I've snapped some great photos with mine. I really don't understand what all the complaints are about.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    05-20-19 10:14 PM
    software was crap in the beginning for it
    05-20-19 10:22 PM
    What's so bad about the KEY2 camera? I've snapped some great photos with mine. I really don't understand what all the complaints are about.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    Big issue was back when it lauched, software has greatly improved.

Moving from a BB10 device, you should see an improvement. It's a midgrade phone in a flagship world.... comparisons don't favor it.
    05-21-19 07:25 AM
    Big issue was back when it lauched, software has greatly improved.

Moving from a BB10 device, you should see an improvement. It's a midgrade phone in a flagship world.... comparisons don't favor it.
    "Comparison is the thief of joy." -- Theodore Roosevelt

 BlackBerry | Q10
    05-21-19 07:32 AM
    Maybe that's true for you, but it is complete bull**** in my world, which consists almost exclusively of long form formal written communication. That's why BlackBerry has been a critical piece of my kit for 15 years. I have never used a photo taken by me in any professional correspondence. I like that I have a basic camera to take photos of preexisting damage to rental cars or a display at a trade show, but I would happily buy a BB10 style phone with no camera over any Android/iOS phone at all.

Your world and your business does not represent the gamut of business owners. I know personally many business owners who depend on taking photos. I am one of these as well. As a small business owner, I use my camera frequently because they are used as one of my primary marketing tools. I take photos of events we are doing. I take photos of specific products we are selling to post for general view. I take photos for special occasions as they relate to our business. I take photos of our products to send to specific customers who have requested special orders and want to see what they look like. I take photos of display options of our products. I take photos that we use on some of our labels and flyers.
    Our products look appealing--they need photos to give them visibility. As a small business we don't have a graphics department. I am the graphics department. I don't haul a fancy camera around--but my BlackBerry is always with me.
    And yes, I use my phone to write emails etc. as a communication device.
    pdr733, elfabio80 and chain13 like this.
    05-21-19 12:43 PM
    Your world and your business does not represent the gamut of business owners. I know personally many business owners who depend on taking photos. I am one of these as well. As a small business owner, I use my camera frequently because they are used as of my primary marketing tools. I take photos of events we are doing. I take photos of specific products we are selling to post for general view. I take photos for special occasions as they relate to our business. I take photos of our products to send to specific customers who have requested special orders and want to see what they look like. I take photos of display options of our products. I take photos that we use on some of our labels and flyers.
    Our products look appealing--they need photos to give them visibility. As a small business we don't have a graphics department. I am the graphics department. I don't haul a fancy camera around--but my BlackBerry is always with me.
    And yes, I use my phone to write emails etc. as a communication device.
    I never claimed to be typical. There is no "correct" priority for a camera on a phone. It matters to many small business owners, and it matters not at all to many senior executives at large enterprises for their work. As for people in their personal lives, some enjoy taking photos with their phones, and others couldn't care less.

05-21-19 12:47 PM
    Key 3 is planned to be announced in October. from what I hear
    05-22-19 02:59 AM
    I never claimed to be typical. There is no "correct" priority for a camera on a phone. It matters to many small business owners, and it matters not at all to many senior executives at large enterprises for their work. As for people in their personal lives, some enjoy taking photos with their phones, and others couldn't care less.

The ability to take a decent shot of an whiteboard/flipchart or some stuff down on the work floor is nowadays a business necessity even to most executives.
    Sigewif and towngirl like this.
    05-22-19 03:03 AM
    The ability to take a decent shot of an whiteboard/flipchart or some stuff down on the work floor is nowadays a business necessity even to most executives.
    This is important. I was just at a presentation dinner. It was a PowerPoint presentation. I took shots of several slides to. A good camera is needed for such situations. I was sitting at an awkward angle and the screen wasn't that large.
    Molfus likes this.
    05-22-19 03:31 AM
    Key 3 is planned to be announced in October. from what I hear
    Do you have a source? I wonder how long from the time it is announced until it is available in the US. Those can be long waits. Do you think it would be before the end of the year?
    Andrew Poderis likes this.
    05-22-19 03:34 AM
    Do you have a source? I wonder how long from the time it is announced until it is available in the US. Those can be long waits. Do you think it would be before the end of the year?
    The person couldn't tell me more. Only that it will be announced in October this year.
    Last edited by darkbull; 05-22-19 at 04:10 AM.
    05-22-19 03:38 AM

It is important not to have too narrow of a focus (ahem) when it comes to specs, since the niche market for BlackBerry PKB devices is already considered limited. A really great camera will add to the appeal for more prospective customers.
    chain13 likes this.
    05-22-19 03:40 AM
    The person couldn't tell me more. Only that it will be announced in October this year.
    Great news!
    Any more information about the Key2?
    Have you talked with a BBMobile insider?
    05-22-19 04:49 AM
    Great news!
    Any more information about the Key2?
    Have you talked with a BBMobile insider?
    Cannot give more information, as I don't want the person in question to be in trouble. Although it seems that October announcement is being shared quite openly here in China.
    05-22-19 04:52 AM
    Cannot give more information, as I don't want the person in question to be in trouble. Although it seems that October announcement is being shared quite openly here in China. I wouldn't be surprise if we hear some kind of teaser soon.
    Sure, you don't need to disclose any private information.
    But giving us more details about the device and launch would be amazing.
    Is it gonna be like the Key2 or another design form?
    05-22-19 04:54 AM
    Sure, you don't need to disclose any private information.
    But giving us more details about the device and launch would be amazing.
    Is it gonna be like the Key2 or another design form?
    I wish i knew, I'm as curious as you are. But I know nothing more. Let's hope some leaks come to us soon
    05-22-19 04:56 AM
248 ... 56789 ...