They are already unusable lol
    Yeah everyone on here hates their BlackBerry devices. Just unusable.

See CB Kevin rant and rave about his daily driver being the KEY2 since it was released. Power user, heavy traveler, using the KEY2. If it was unusable CB Kevin would have no problem booting up the latest greatest iPhone like he's done in the past.
    05-16-19 08:36 AM
    Yeah everyone on here hates their BlackBerry devices. Just unusable.

See CB Kevin rant and rave about his daily driver being the KEY2 since it was released. Power user, heavy traveler, using the KEY2. If it was unusable CB Kevin would have no problem booting up the latest greatest iPhone like he's done in the past.
    He was referring to BB10.
    05-16-19 08:40 AM
    He was referring to BB10.
    Shoot, sorry guy, didn't read all the posts. Disregard.
    05-16-19 08:41 AM
    Roger. Removing my comment. Didn't read through all posts. Thanks.
    Been there, done that.
    05-16-19 08:42 AM
    Shoot, sorry guy, didn't read all the posts. Disregard.
    That's OK. Plenty of worse actions happen everyday.... If you're not getting violation points you're not posting enough...
    05-16-19 04:44 PM
    All of these at once of course!
    key ideas - departed from clear depiction of forms and liner perception, and unconventional composition...

a curve slider passport???? 😁
    the_boon likes this.
    05-16-19 09:44 PM
    As much as I love a to hear about juicy speculation, I think we may be reading a bit too much into the meaning of the Monet codename. I mean, take a look at the Evolve X's codename... Keith? Seriously??

The one area in which BlackBerry has done no favours to its non-North American licensing partners is in bestowing them with super benign codenames. Iris, Jacky and Keith... Are we naming phones here or Chuck's illegitimate children???
    the_boon likes this.
    05-16-19 10:43 PM
    As much as I love a to hear about juicy speculation, I think we may be reading a bit too much into the meaning of the Monet codename. I mean, take a look at the Evolve X's codename... Keith? Seriously??

The one area in which BlackBerry has done no favours to its non-North American licensing partners is in bestowing them with super benign codenames. Iris, Jacky and Keith... Are we naming phones here or Chuck's illegitimate children???
    Pretty sure no one is reading anything in the name... just goofing off, as there isn't anything else to do but speculate about the future of BlackBerry.

Better than bringing Chuck's kids into it. I know you guys are BBM buddies and he is a easy going fellow....
    05-17-19 10:05 AM
    Pretty sure no one is reading anything in the name... just goofing off, as there isn't anything else to do but speculate about the future of BlackBerry.

Better than bringing Chuck's kids into it. I know you guys are BBM buddies and he is a easy going fellow....
    Like you said, just goofing off!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-17-19 10:17 AM
    Pretty sure no one is reading anything in the name... just goofing off, as there isn't anything else to do but speculate about the future of BlackBerry mobile.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-17-19 11:30 AM
    Do verizon phones still needs specific hardware? i thought they had moved away from cdma and to sim cards.
    They'll kill it off probably when their 5g network is fully deployed across the U.S.
    05-17-19 01:59 PM
    They'll kill it off probably when their 5g network is fully deployed across the U.S.
    From what I'm hearing... 5G is never going to be fully deployed. It's not the next mobile network solution that will cover their current coverage maps completely (at least not until it changes with 5G 2.0). This gets them into the same markets as Cable - densely populated city and suburban markets. You'll need to live very close to an existing tower where a Macrocell can be install it range is only about 10 Miles but speed falls off pretty quickly the further away you are. The small Microcells they will be installing to fill in the gaps in populated areas have a range of just over a mile. Problem is the wavelength is very short and it doesn't penetrate very well, so even if your home is in range... inside you might not get a signal. Many of the 5G home routers will have an external antenna option.

LTE is going to be the Network for most people for years to come..... But as in the past, Carrier's are going to be picky about what hardware is approved on their networks.
    IceCreamPlz likes this.
    05-17-19 02:40 PM

Yes... simply yes...
    05-17-19 03:51 PM

LMAO.... I have five legit kids....that I know of...

We’re a blended family hers, mine and ours... it’s the kids I don’t know about that danfrancisco is referring to... in all honesty, I do worry about the advancements in DNA now...
    05-17-19 03:54 PM

We’re a blended family hers, mine and ours... it’s the kids I don’t know about that danfrancisco is referring to... in all honesty, I do worry about the advancements in DNA now...
    Daddy? Is that you?
    05-17-19 05:00 PM

My view of the world just became dimmer discovering Chuck is in the gene pool
    05-18-19 01:24 PM
    My view of the world just became dimmer discovering Chuck is in the gene pool
    Slow down. I’m still thinking of responses for other threads....
    Yesterday 06:04 AM
    Can we just have one really good camera instead of 2 okay cameras?
    Yesterday 08:45 PM
    Unfortunately, it’s complicated from an R&D standpoint for the much bigger OEMs so I have low expectations from BB and BBMo in this regard
    the_boon likes this.
    Yesterday 08:54 PM
    A digital camera is what you need.
    Far better lens.
    Far better quality.

Yesterday 08:55 PM
    Far better lens.
    Far better quality.

Why are the other smartphone producer be able to provide a good camera instead?
    John Albert likes this.
    Today 12:18 AM
    Why are the other smartphone producer be able to provide a good camera instead?
    The capacity to (R&D money, hiring talent) and the desire to.
    Today 12:32 AM
    I reluctantly bought a KEY2 recently, only because my K1BE back cover was coming off. otherwise it's still excellent.

I told myself I'll skip a generation as I would really like a decent camera to take decent pictures of my first born baby. I bought my wife a pixel because I knew this was coming but I wonder is it really to much for TCL to build a BlackBerry phone with a good camera?

the PRIV had a camera on the same level as the iPhone for its time.
    Today 11:59 AM
    The capacity to (R&D money, hiring talent) and the desire to.
    Probably desire more than anything. Low hanging fruit like supporting Camera API2 would go a long way in improving quality or at least opening the door to third party apps that are able to take better pictures.
    Today 12:28 PM
    Far better lens.
    Far better quality.

100% True, once I started using my a6400, taking pics with a phone wasn't even an option. Huge difference in quality, and I don't care what phone you have.
    Today 01:09 PM
151 ... 4567