Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-09-19 03:17 AM
244 ... 8910
tools
    TCL please hire ex BlackBerry camera developer who used to frequent crackberry goes by SMCV. just him and a couple more guys will make a huge difference to the quality of your phone cameras. Just gonna leave this here. Kay thanks bye.
    I totally agree! SMCV got feedback from users of the PRIV camera and worked on solutions to things we encountered. The PRIV camera software was greatly improved due to his work. I still enjoy using the PRIV camera,. I was able to observe the progression because I ordered my PRIV at release.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 05-28-19 at 04:48 PM.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-28-19 03:58 PM
    Does the JioPhone 2 have the required bands for the US?

If yes, you can try to find a way to import one I guess

But design wise, it's a poor version of a E72 or even Curve.

Might as well just use a Classic? But then the Jio 2 probably has much better battery life
    Bands aren't sufficient. Totally agree BB10 is a better option now, but, last I heard, BB10 might not be supported forever. ;-).

If I'm sticking with BB10, I'll keep my Z10. On KaiOS, the keyboard is mandatory as it doesn't support touch screens, but I prefer the BB10 VKB over any PKB, because of the BB10 gestures.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-28-19 06:56 PM
    It is realy time for a new all-touch i.e. Motion 2 or a Priv 2.
    As long as I am a BB fan and user I am getting older thus the eyes are getting more out of whack and the thumbs thicker. A Key3 is not an option for me anymore. :-(
    Lawrence Steinbach likes this.
    06-05-19 09:12 PM
    It is realy time for a new all-touch i.e. Motion 2
    Boooo
    or a Priv 2.
    Yayyy
    06-05-19 10:29 PM
    Maybe that's true for you, but it is complete bull**** in my world, which consists almost exclusively of long form formal written communication. That's why BlackBerry has been a critical piece of my kit for 15 years. I have never used a photo taken by me in any professional correspondence. I like that I have a basic camera to take photos of preexisting damage to rental cars or a display at a trade show, but I would happily buy a BB10 style phone with no camera over any Android/iOS phone at all.
    I understand completely. But in MY business, taking high-quality photos and sharing them in real-time in order to get decisions from people that allows my work to move forward is a nearly everyday occurrence. Case in point: I just got hired to pre-wire and then install an entire large house's low-voltage wiring, with 7 TVs (3 with full 7.1 surround sound) and 14 additional music-only zones, networking & WiFi, and security cameras. But the homeowner is in Europe for the next 9 months and I've never met him in person and I had to build a plan during a video conference which included a walkthrough, with follow-up photos to allow for precise decision-making.

I own a great DSLR, but despite it's better quality, the workflow would have made that impossible for the situation. I needed a smartphone with a great still and video camera - and that's what I bought and so that's what I had. As a result, I have 6-8 weeks of very good-paying work.

So we all have our different needs and use-cases.

BTW, in case anyone is interested, here's a video comparing my phone (an LG V30) with a $50,000 Red Weapon 4K pro video camera. And this phone is coming up on 2 years old.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-06-19 02:16 AM
    I understand completely. But in MY business, taking high-quality photos and sharing them in real-time in order to get decisions from people that allows my work to move forward is a nearly everyday occurrence. Case in point: I just got hired to pre-wire and then install an entire large house's low-voltage wiring, with 7 TVs (3 with full 7.1 surround sound) and 14 additional music-only zones, networking & WiFi, and security cameras. But the homeowner is in Europe for the next 9 months and I've never met him in person and I had to build a plan during a video conference which included a walkthrough, with follow-up photos to allow for precise decision-making.

I own a great DSLR, but despite it's better quality, the workflow would have made that impossible for the situation. I needed a smartphone with a great still and video camera - and that's what I bought and so that's what I had. As a result, I have 6-8 weeks of very good-paying work.

So we all have our different needs and use-cases.

BTW, in case anyone is interested, here's a video comparing my phone (an LG V30) with a $50,000 Red Weapon 4K pro video camera. And this phone is coming up on 2 years old.

I totally respect your requirements and use case . I have lots of friends and colleagues who need the tight integration between sensors and specialty apps that mainstream smartphones offer.

It's frustrating when people try to argue that Android and iOS can do everything my BB10 phones do just as well, because it's an ignorant statement. But I'm not suggesting that my requirements are more important than anyone else's. (I do wish there was someone who cared about what I need, but it's totally fine if nobody wants my money.)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-06-19 07:25 AM
    A Priv2 did you say ???

It would be a boon to me...
    the_boon likes this.
    06-10-19 11:18 AM
    BBmobile would not be smart to make another slab... they are not at competitive level in terms of quality or pricepoint ... PKB is all they have....
    whatnow00 likes this.
    06-10-19 11:25 AM
    BBmobile would not be smart to make another slab... they are not at competitive level in terms of quality or pricepoint ... PKB is all they have....
    I agree with this.
    With phones like what Nokia is putting out or the Pixel 3a, they can’t compete.
    06-10-19 04:16 PM
    I agree with this.
    With phones like what Nokia is putting out or the Pixel 3a, they can’t compete.
    On this topic, I'll jump in with the BOGO deals on the XR as well. It's not even about Android/iOS preferences either way, both OS will suck all the oxygen from the space.
    06-10-19 04:22 PM
    blackberry would be smarter to license there blackberry Android to other slab phone makers it could be an option or special order
    portplayer and CrackPriv like this.
    06-10-19 04:44 PM
    blackberry would be smarter to license there blackberry Android to other slab phone makers it could be an option or special order
    From what we can tell, TCL was the only taker.
    06-10-19 05:49 PM
    From what we can tell, TCL was the only taker.
    “The BlackBerry Secure labelling has been attached to specialty phones by Punkt Tronics AG, under a framework agreement announced last year. BlackBerry also signed a similar deal last year with Bullitt Group, a British smartphone and consumer electronics maker, but that hasn't yet resulted in a BlackBerry secure product.”
    06-11-19 11:45 AM
    “The BlackBerry Secure labelling has been attached to specialty phones by Punkt Tronics AG, under a framework agreement announced last year. BlackBerry also signed a similar deal last year with Bullitt Group, a British smartphone and consumer electronics maker, but that hasn't yet resulted in a BlackBerry secure product.”
    Obviously not the same thing at all.
    06-11-19 11:57 AM
    Obviously not the same thing at all.
    It was you who told us that Bullitt would have the same OS and not just hardening. I agree though, ultimately no takers .

Regardless of what happens to BlackBerry Secure, I do not imagine that the BlackBerry Suite of apps will endure past the current agreements.
    whatnow00 likes this.
    06-11-19 12:26 PM
    It was you who told us that Bullitt would have the same OS and not just hardening. I agree though, ultimately no takers .

Regardless of what happens to BlackBerry Secure, I do not imagine that the BlackBerry Suite of apps will endure past the current agreements.
    I think if not for BlackBerry's UEM... we would have seen more than just those three device apps being EOL.
    06-11-19 01:04 PM
    It looks like all talk and speculation on this has died down. Are we assuming "Monet" is a codename that went nowhere?
    07-06-19 04:43 PM
    It looks like all talk and speculation on this has died down. Are we assuming "Monet" is a codename that went nowhere?
    There isn't much else to talk about. No one expects a new device until the new year anyway.
    07-06-19 06:21 PM
    Monet sighting! ;-). Seen at a sale of vintage items. Dang, I should have bought it.Whatever the BBJ100 is...?-img_20190628_1502074.jpg
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    07-09-19 03:17 AM
244 ... 8910