Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

04-24-18 09:59 AM
315 ... 56789 ...
tools
    What are the odds that gets reposted elsewhere?
    Pretty dang good.
    11-22-17 11:43 AM
    What are the odds that gets reposted elsewhere?
    Not shy of 100%.
    11-22-17 11:47 AM
    New bb10. Don't tell Crack Berry forums. Be vewwy vewwt quiet

Posted via CB10
    11-22-17 12:06 PM
    I really like the form factor of keyone but spec was too weak for my taste. Snapdragon 660 with 6gb ram looks promising if it really comes out. I don't mind TCL recycling the same keyone design to save money.
    TheGraduate likes this.
    11-22-17 02:42 PM
    One possibility was that the Motion was designed along with the KEYone and supposed to be launched together, or within a month. They utterly screwed up the KEYone launch with the screen fiasco, and everything got pushed back till now since they had to stop production and fix up the KEYone.
    This really could have been the case since they initially said they wanted to launch three devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-17 03:26 PM
    I really like the form factor of keyone but spec was too weak for my taste. Snapdragon 660 with 6gb ram looks promising if it really comes out. I don't mind TCL recycling the same keyone design to save money.
    I don't either. Just give us more color choices.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-22-17 03:34 PM
    Indeed.. Welcomed. But yeah.
    As long as the price point stays the same it's welcomed. If I want to spend a grand on a phone it won't be a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-22-17 05:56 PM
    Someone wanted these specs on a KeyTwo.

''Hi Bla1ze

Can KEYone or KEYtwo be there with these specs
    4:3 screen , 4.5 inch, Amoled
    A Centimetre shorter, 5 mm wider
    Soft Android keys ( home, back and multi task button which are under screen) like the s8, which hide when not in use.
    Stereo speakers like BlackBerry Passport! ''

How awesome would this be with an all blackd device, silver frets with silver bezel? Please Blackberry announce this device!!
    Wireless charging, removable back and battery so those of us who want can purchase an extended battery for it, an individual screen behind every letter on the keyboard so it's like it can have a second screen with apps built for it, curved screen with 3D touch, the screen needs to be at least as wide as the Passport's and at least as tall as Motion (because black bars on the KEYone is pretty stupid, because I agree there's NO NEED for capacitive keys wasting valuable screen realestate), have it the same as the Passport's keyboard except just add a fourth row so it's like the Classic / KEYone but for big size key lovers, bring back physical call and end keys, IP67, ship it with 512GB, charge $1000+ for it and have a dual-boot option for BBOS10.4
    11-23-17 12:07 AM
    Yea I am not expecting some massive black Friday discount either. Something to the tune of $50-100

Posted via CB10
    100 cdn it is
    11-23-17 12:39 AM
    Fair enough

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    11-23-17 03:33 AM
    11-23-17 05:15 AM
    Yes sir lol

Posted via CB10
    11-23-17 05:18 AM
    Slight OT but the Black fixes all the little stuff with the Silver (I have both now). all the small lag/jank/freeze stuff that we don't even notice anymore with the Silver is all gone. Keyboard feels tighter, and I am now convinced my screen won't randomly fall out at some point. My average memory usage is now 3.2GB, rather than 2.7 or 2.8GB. Amazing what a difference a Gig makes.
    My BlackBBB100-1, issues are; SD card never recognized as legit only in k1 when wiped and requires format and manual reload every wipe, proximity sensor keeps screen black or off after end of phone call, and Bluetooth sound doesn't work with car. But SD card does work with Nexus 6 and 6P and Passport, as well as Bluetooth also works in car on Nexus 6 , 6P and Passport, and prox sensor works on Nexus 6 and 6P. But I just received OTA AAQ837 so I'll be retesting all issues next week after holiday here in USA, Inc.
    11-23-17 12:59 PM
    Do you guys think they would make a few changes to the aesthetics of the phone or just a KEYone with better specs and different colour?

Hopefully this won't be too expensive
    11-24-17 10:24 AM
    Do you guys think they would make a few changes to the aesthetics of the phone or just a KEYone with better specs and different colour?

Hopefully this won't be too expensive
    I can't imagine much of the design will change. Which is fine by me because I think they have a good thing going with the current design.
    11-24-17 12:04 PM
    I can't imagine much of the design will change. Which is fine by me because I think they have a good thing going with the current design.
    Yes. The design won a lot of praise, and there isn't an enormous amount of scope to alter it dimensions-wise.

I do, however, think there is room for a little polishing on the next model. The frontal camera, sensors and so forth could be made more discrete (along the lines of the Motion), and a protruding rear lens feels unjustifiable on a phone this thick.
    11-24-17 12:59 PM
    1. Make Notification LED bigger
    2. Have wireless charging
    3. Keep headphone jack
    4. OLED screen
    5. Remove capacitive buttons in favor of on screen buttons
    6. Remove camera hump
    7. Have 128GB storage option (internal storage is faster than expandable storage)
    8. Use whatever CPU/GPU to maintain or improve current keyone battery life
    9. Make it lighter if possible

And on the software side, please implement camera2 api in software to let us use other camera apps such as google camera's hdr+ for significantly improved low light performance due to better processing algorithms.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    11-25-17 04:43 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 05:29 AM
    I'm all for an (AM)OLED screen by Samsung with on screen keys. A removable back so you can use another battery or buy an after market extended battery. SD660 + 6GB of ram sounds perfect. 4000mAh battery(don't be shy to make it more "thick"). Dual speakers (even if it means the grill at the top of the screen turns into a speaker) would be great. Last but not least, a decent DAC for listening via headphone jack. I find the current volume output is weak at best. My 9780 was loud both through a headphone jack and through the speakers.

Oh, and release it in RED! Like the red passport. I'd be all over that and probably buy two incase my first one ever fails.
    11-25-17 08:49 AM
    I'm all for an (AM)OLED screen by Samsung with on screen keys. A removable back so you can use another battery or buy an after market extended battery. SD660 + 6GB of ram sounds perfect. 4000mAh battery(don't be shy to make it more "thick"). Dual speakers (even if it means the grill at the top of the screen turns into a speaker) would be great. Last but not least, a decent DAC for listening via headphone jack. I find the current volume output is weak at best. My 9780 was loud both through a headphone jack and through the speakers.

Oh, and release it in RED! Like the red passport. I'd be all over that and probably buy two incase my first one ever fails.
    All of this. Amoled would be nice, but not a deal killer. Sound is undervalued by manufacturer, but important to most end users. And I absolutely agree with the weight comment, I love a solid phone. (Maybe a through back to my younger years and my 15lb RadioShack cell phone, that cost $1800). Dual cams seems to becoming more standard than not so would be expected.
    11-25-17 10:55 AM
    They need to make sure the basics are great first: Reception and call quality, wi-fi, Bluetooth, sound quality, screen touch sensitivity, make the keyboard even more amazing and give the phone a real quality look and feel. I think PKB fans would be willing to pay a premium price for that.
    11-25-17 03:27 PM
    All of this. Amoled would be nice, but not a deal killer. Sound is undervalued by manufacturer, but important to most end users. And I absolutely agree with the weight comment, I love a solid phone. (Maybe a through back to my younger years and my 15lb RadioShack cell phone, that cost $1800). Dual cams seems to becoming more standard than not so would be expected.
    Have you used or compared the KEYone to a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Note 8 panel, or the iPhone X panel? It makes the world of a difference in real life usage. Blacks are actually black(not a form of a dark Grey). Things overall look cleaner.

Check these two screens out on a newer Amoled panel by Samsung, colours will pop right at you.
    Attached Thumbnails Whatever the BBF100-1 is-screenshot_20171126-040531.jpg   Whatever the BBF100-1 is-screenshot_20171126-040543.jpg  
    11-26-17 07:07 AM
    Have you used or compared the KEYone to a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Note 8 panel, or the iPhone X panel? It makes the world of a difference in real life usage. Blacks are actually black(not a form of a dark Grey). Things overall look cleaner.

Check these two screens out on a newer Amoled panel by Samsung, colours will pop right at you.
    OLED screens are the only TV or phone screens which are not, back lit. Each 'dot' is capable of turning on and off. They generate their own light without the use of, back lighting. Therefore which you see black, it is absolutely black due to complete lack of light. Although limited in availability as basically LG is nearly the only manufacturer globally. LG is fighting Samsung with its much lessor quality QLED, whose so called black is noticeably washed out compared to LG's OLED true black. Samsung has production power currently over LG and can sell only by lower price but not quality of true black. Did you ever view a fog or cloud on LED tv and the fog/cloud was smears, not smooth, that is poorer quality Samsung technology.
    11-26-17 07:28 AM
    OLED screens are the only TV or phone screens which are not, back lit. Each 'dot' is capable of turning on and off. They generate their own light without the use of, back lighting. Therefore which you see black, it is absolutely black due to complete lack of light. Although limited in availability as basically LG is nearly the only manufacturer globally. LG is fighting Samsung with its much lessor quality QLED, whose so called black is noticeably washed out compared to LG's OLED true black. Samsung has production power currently over LG and can sell only by lower price but not quality of true black. Did you ever view a fog or cloud on LED tv and the fog/cloud was smears, not smooth, that is poorer quality Samsung technology.
    What are you even talking about? I work in the telecommunications industry and deal with cellphones all day. Go compare a Samsung Galaxy Note 8/iPhone X panel next to the Google Pixel 2 XL and LG V30. The Samsung panel trumps all. QLED for their TV's are not "OLED" panels even if they attempt to market them as such. LG OLED TV's are great quality and there is nothing close to them on the market. But I'm not talking about TV's here, I'm comparing cellphones. And explaining OLED to me is redundant, I know how the tech works lol. QLED's are normal LED TV's with a higher nit brightness. Again, compare the LG V30 panel next to a 2017 AMOLED panel(NOT QLED), and you'll be amazed.

Source: I have 3 cellphones on me out of 8 on rotation, I know what I'm talking about lol.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-26-17 07:35 AM
    What are you even talking about? I work in the telecommunications industry and deal with cellphones all day. Go compare a Samsung Galaxy Note 8/iPhone X panel next to the Google Pixel 2 XL and LG V30. The Samsung panel trumps all. QLED for their TV's are not "OLED" panels even if they attempt to market them as such. LG OLED TV's are great quality and there is nothing close to them on the market. But I'm not talking about TV's here, I'm comparing cellphones. And explaining OLED to me is redundant, I know how the tech works lol. QLED's are normal LED TV's with a higher nit brightness. Again, compare the LG V30 panel next to a 2017 AMOLED panel(NOT QLED), and you'll be amazed.

Source: I have 3 cellphones on me out of 8 on rotation, I know what I'm talking about lol.
    I'm sorry, I used too many words, let me try this, OLED rocks!
    MrChiezy likes this.
    11-26-17 08:01 AM
315 ... 56789 ...