04-24-18 09:59 AM
315 ... 34567 ...
tools
    This does appear to a KEYtwo keeping with the 600 series of processors.

Qualcomm's website states:
    The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 processor with quad-core CPUs is designed for long battery life, seamless connectivity, fast web browsing and easy adaptability: perfect for high-tier smartphones and advanced embedded applications.
    and then further on the 660:
    High-end features in the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 660 mobile platform make it our most powerful 600-tier platform to date, with Qualcomm
    seems like it's the KEYone the way it should have been released with the highest end of the 600 series battery sipper processor.
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 11-02-17 at 05:16 AM.
    pooyam likes this.
    11-01-17 10:45 PM
    This does appear to a KEYtwo keeping with the 600 series of processors.

Qualcomm's website states:

and then further on the 660:

seems like a it's the KEYone the way it should have been released with the highest end of the 600 series battery sipper processor.
    The highest end of 600 (652) processors were not as efficient as the 625 as they were being manufactured on a 28nm process compared to the 14nm process for the 625. Which would have a huge impact on the much acclaimed battery life of the KEYone. Which is why they went with the 625.
    You also have to understand that this phone had a long development life cycle from designing to actually coming to market and at that point they couldn't change over to the 626. The 653 was still built on the 16nm process compared to the 14nm of the 625/626.
    Now that they KEYtwo development is completely In TCL's hand they are using the highest end 600 series processor (the 660 is built on the 14nm process) and it will come to the market in good time when the processor is not "old"

Posted via CB10
    11-01-17 11:12 PM
    The highest end of 600 (652) processors were not as efficient as the 625 as they were being manufactured on a 28nm process compared to the 14nm process for the 625. Which would have a huge impact on the much acclaimed battery life of the KEYone. Which is why they went with the 625.
    You also have to understand that this phone had a long development life cycle from designing to actually coming to market and at that point they couldn't change over to the 626. The 653 was still built on the 16nm process compared to the 14nm of the 625/626.
    Now that they KEYtwo development is completely In TCL's hand they are using the highest end 600 series processor (the 660 is built on the 14nm process) and it will come to the market in good time when the processor is not "old"

Posted via CB10
    When might this "in a good time" be

Posted via CB10
    Sick Viscous likes this.
    11-02-17 05:15 AM
    When might this "in a good time" be

Posted via CB10
    Probably 1st week of March.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 05:16 AM
    Probably 1st week of March.

Posted via CB10
    One thing the BBF100-1 exposes is the BBE100-1. No mention of it but I'm assuming the Juno.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 05:19 AM
    One thing the BBF100-1 exposes is the BBE100-1. No mention of it but I'm assuming the Juno.

Posted via CB10
    I had mentioned that in the previous comments. But I think the BBF is the Juno. But as Bla1ze mentioned, move on from the Juno. I'd think the BBE is a device by Optiemus.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 05:20 AM
    I had mentioned that in the previous comments. But I think the BBF is the Juno. But as Bla1ze mentioned, move on from the Juno. I'd think the BBE is a device by Optiemus.

Posted via CB10
    Probably an all touch optiemus then

Posted via CB10
    Spinnp likes this.
    11-02-17 05:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Still makes me wonder why the same specs in the motion. BlackBerry Mobile would be wise to have 2 devices, an all touch and keyboard and the KEYone and motion are fine devices for this that can have clear upgrade paths. It seems these introductory devices are for testing the market before too much skin gets put in. Likely the 2 devices will always mirror the same specs.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 05:26 AM
    Still makes me wonder why the same specs in the motion. BlackBerry Mobile would be wise to have 2 devices, an all touch and keyboard and the KEYone and motion are fine devices for this that can have clear upgrade paths. It seems these introductory devices are for testing the market before too much skin gets put in. Likely the 2 devices will always mirror the same specs.

Posted via CB10
    Their only other option would have been the 626. Just offers 10% more speed. Not worth the effort IMO. Because this allows them to have a very common framework with the KEYone. Not to mention economies of scale helps them keep the price down

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 05:30 AM
    Their only other option would have been the 626. Just offers 10% more speed. Not worth the effort IMO. Because this allows them to have a very common framework with the KEYone. Not to mention economies of scale helps them keep the price down

Posted via CB10
    Excuse, excuses everywhere. Lol
    There's a limit for justification.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 06:29 AM
    Excuse, excuses everywhere. Lol
    There's a limit for justification.

Posted via CB10
    Not excuses. Reality.
    Is this reality favourable? No.
    Would I have liked to see the 626 on the KEYone and Motion? Definitely Yes.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 08:42 AM
    Not excuses. Reality.
    Is this reality favourable? No.
    Would I have liked to see the 626 on the KEYone and Motion? Definitely Yes.

Posted via CB10
    626 on Motion? I would have preferred 660 and on KEYone, 626, but ah not a big deal.

"You also have to understand that this phone had a long development life cycle from designing to actually coming to market and at that point they couldn't change over to the 626. "
    This is your earlier comment about KEYone, justifying it's processor. So you couldn't say this for the Motion. Did Motion also have a long dev cycle?

Motion should have been released with 660, since another new BB is gonna be released with the same 660 processor, but that's not a full touch.
    So BB could have offered the same power on both their offering. Instead what is going to happen is, Motion will be underpowered when comparing with the new keyboard BB which will be released in future, I hope it gets released, maximum by Q1 next year, and not Q4 -_-. Obviously other than the extra performance boost, battery life would have been even much better with 660 on Motion, on top of this ridiculous battery life, which motion claims now! The current price would have been a "bang for buck".
    Well we can't have everything.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 08:53 AM
    626 on Motion? I would have preferred 660 and on KEYone, 626, but ah not a big deal.

"You also have to understand that this phone had a long development life cycle from designing to actually coming to market and at that point they couldn't change over to the 626. "
    This is your earlier comment about KEYone, justifying it's processor. So you couldn't say this for the Motion. Did Motion also have a long dev cycle?

Motion should have been released with 660, since another new BB is gonna be released with the same 660 processor, but that's not a full touch.
    So BB could have offered the same power on both their offering. Instead what is going to happen is, Motion will be underpowered when comparing with the new keyboard BB which will be released in future, I hope it gets released, maximum by Q1 next year, and not Q4 -_-. Obviously other than the extra performance boost, battery life would have been even much better with 660 on Motion, on top of this ridiculous battery life, which motion claims now! The current price would have been a "bang for buck".
    Well we can't have everything.

Posted via CB10
    At this point, I think BBMo is following a strict methodical plan based on single component interchangeability. Basically, the same way that Southwest Airlines only buys one plane model from Boeing so they have quantities of the same parts and interchangeability between planes. Their current financial situation makes this necessary.

I think many on here, myself included, thought, incorrectly, TCL was running BBMo. It sounds like a partially owned subsidiary, TCT, without the same level of resources, owns BBMo. This is a much bigger case of sink or swim without Mama Duck close by to save it's Baby Duck.

Seems hardware went from one BB in reorganization to a BBMo in another reorganization.
    11-02-17 09:34 AM
    Probably best way to know how close we are to that K2(?) is to eventually see how many deals comes out for the K1 from the Black Friday...you know, stock cleaning can easily mean something new is coming to occupy the spot.
    11-05-17 05:56 PM
    Probably best way to know how close we are to that K2(?) is to eventually see how many deals comes out for the K1 from the Black Friday...you know, stock cleaning can easily mean something new is coming to occupy the spot.
    They are very tight with inventory. I don't think we'll ever see any significant discounts.
    ColinsCity and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-05-17 06:22 PM
    They are very tight with inventory. I don't think we'll ever see any significant discounts.
    There were flash sales recently.
    So that might suggest they aren't that tight anymore
    Or all that demand has been fulfilled.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 07:38 PM
    There were flash sales recently.
    So that might suggest they aren't that tight anymore
    Or all that demand has been fulfilled.

Posted via CB10
    Ya. $50 off.
    11-05-17 07:42 PM
    Ya. $50 off.
    Yea I am not expecting some massive black Friday discount either. Something to the tune of $50-100

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 07:44 PM
    Still, 50-100 USD is a 10-20% discount. For a device on the market from just few months, not surely unoticeable. But thats just my opinion.
    11-06-17 03:58 AM
    blackberrys.ru seems to have some updated information. They say the BBF100-1 is the Juno.

Specific info they claim:
    The successor to the BlackBerry KEYone will receive the model number BBF100-1
    Has a physical keyboard