04-24-18 08:59 AM
315 1234 ...
tools
    Sounds like they are losing the capacitive buttons for some additional screen real estate. Nice touch. With an improved SoC as well...this is getting interesting.
    Or it could be so overpriced that nobody bought it, they're doing another iteration to use up the inventory and get over it.

Nobody will ever know except TCL themselves.
    10-27-17 10:03 AM
    I've been struggling over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ Black Edition, but I think I'll keep the Silver until this one comes out.
    Good call. Definitely a better upgrade path from the Silver. Wonder if this new one will get an AMOLED?
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    10-27-17 10:06 AM
    Or it could be so overpriced that nobody bought it, they're doing another iteration to use up the inventory and get over it.

Nobody will ever know except TCL themselves.
    Doesn't seem like a likely scenario. People are obviously buying it. Not that it's necessarily much of an indication...but I've seen quite a few in the wild already. As opposed to the PRIV, that I really only started to notice in any significant numbers after they cut the price in half.

It might not be saying much, but I don't think its an understatement to say the KEYone is probably well on the road to becoming the most successful BlackBerry Android to date.
    10-27-17 10:20 AM
    Doesn't seem like a likely scenario. People are obviously buying it. Not that it's necessarily much of an indication...but I've seen quite a few in the wild already. As opposed to the PRIV, that I really only started to notice in any significant numbers after they cut the price in half.

It might not be saying much, but I don't think its an understatement to say the KEYone is probably well on the road to becoming the most successful BlackBerry Android to date.
    That's your observation. I've maybe seen one K1 in the wild since launch but I've seen many Privs. Even the Passport seem to outnumber the number of KEYones that I saw.

All anecdotal.
    10-27-17 10:26 AM
    When was the Motion files first showing up?
    Sick Viscous likes this.
    10-27-17 10:30 AM
    When was the Motion files first showing up?
    June 21.
    Sick Viscous likes this.
    10-27-17 10:32 AM
    That's your observation. I've maybe seen one K1 in the wild since launch but I've seen many Privs. Even the Passport seem to outnumber the number of KEYones that I saw.

All anecdotal.
    Again, I'm talking about initial uptake. I literally saw no PRIVs in the wild when it was $899 CDN.
    10-27-17 10:43 AM
    I've been struggling over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ Black Edition, but I think I'll keep the Silver until this one comes out.
    Struggling as in?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-17 11:13 AM
    Struggling as in?

Posted via CB10
    Whether to buy it or not.
    10-27-17 11:26 AM
    Whether to buy it or not.
    Ah got it.
    Yea best to stick with the silver till this comes out!

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    10-27-17 11:27 AM
    I would like to see the actual measurements calculated, but can they squeeze in a 16:9 (or some other workable aspect ratio) if they got rid of the capacitive buttons and made the top bezel thinner?? all while NOT changing the overall dimensions of the phone too much?
    10-27-17 12:40 PM
    Slight OT but the Black fixes all the little stuff with the Silver (I have both now). all the small lag/jank/freeze stuff that we don't even notice anymore with the Silver is all gone. Keyboard feels tighter, and I am now convinced my screen won't randomly fall out at some point. My average memory usage is now 3.2GB, rather than 2.7 or 2.8GB. Amazing what a difference a Gig makes.
    kwues and Sick Viscous like this.
    10-27-17 01:41 PM
    Slight OT but the Black fixes all the little stuff with the Silver (I have both now). all the small lag/jank/freeze stuff that we don't even notice anymore with the Silver is all gone. Keyboard feels tighter, and I am now convinced my screen won't randomly fall out at some point. My average memory usage is now 3.2GB, rather than 2.7 or 2.8GB. Amazing what a difference a Gig makes.
    Perhaps. But for the sake of 4 months.....
    megafan2000 and el_nacho like this.
    10-27-17 01:44 PM
    I'm using the black version version after breaking my Silver a few days ago. The keys feel much better that my Silver (very early Selfridge version) Maybe I just wore them out.

But like you, I'll likely get this as well.
    10-27-17 02:21 PM
    Good one, makes sense of Bla1ze reference to look to the stars, gods and goddesses regarding future devices.
    Actually, it doesn't since I've said multiple times 'Juno' as a codename is dead. But eh, still along the same lines. lol
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    10-27-17 02:56 PM
    So maybe a MWC launch with availability along the lines of the KEYone launch. So about six months for US distribution.
    10-27-17 03:10 PM
    I'm using the black version version after breaking my Silver a few days ago. The keys feel much better that my Silver (very early Selfridge version) Maybe I just wore them out.

But like you, I'll likely get this as well.
    Agreed. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't gamble. My vice is unnecessary phone upgrades.
    herbersh, Sarek1701 and Jrox74 like this.
    10-27-17 03:43 PM
    So, out of sheer curiosity, I started poking around and I found that not only is there a BBF100-1, but also a BBF100-2 and a BBF100-3. What I don't see when looking at the actual specs is anything related to CDMA, all the "Supported Bearers" are only GPRS, EDGE UMTS and WLAN:

Whatever the BBF100-1 is-tcl.png

Whatever the BBF100-1 is-supported.png
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-27-17 03:45 PM
    So, out of sheer curiosity, I started poking around and I found that not only is there a BBF100-1, but also a BBF100-2 and a BBF100-3. What I don't see when looking at the actual specs is anything related to CDMA, all the "Supported Bearers" are only GPRS, EDGE UMTS and WLAN:
    Of course, these are as sparse as can be when it comes to actual details. For those we'd need leakers on Twitter, an arrival at the FCC, fat fingers when BlackBerry (Mobile? Merah Putih?) updates their website, or a formal announcement.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-27-17 07:45 PM
    Of course, these are as sparse as can be when it comes to actual details. For those we'd need leakers on Twitter, an arrival at the FCC, fat fingers when BlackBerry (Mobile? Merah Putih?) updates their website, or a formal announcement.
    They're coming. And probably in that order.
    10-27-17 08:08 PM
    The slider concept is dead.

Too expensive, too bulky, too heavy, too many failure points, poor balance, etc.
    I said the same thing about bb10. And look where we are this week. Well...it's still dead but was put on life support this week. But I agree Conite....it's not like the Priv was a "hot" seller. I just don't see them going down that road again.
    Last edited by Carjackd; 10-28-17 at 08:26 AM.
    10-27-17 09:49 PM
    So if bb Mobile stays consistent "April" release like the KEYone
    10-27-17 09:52 PM
    Just read about the 660. That's going to be a very impressive mid range chipset.
    Right direction if it is actually used.

Posted via CB10
    But it will be released after 2 years with Oreo. So yeah! :P

Posted via CB10
    10-27-17 09:57 PM
    Too bad it wont be a slider as suggested here priv,..or a passport slider.... cause if it was, they could continue with the Motion theme (Research in Motion) and call this one the Roll-up-the-RIM (slider)....and WIN! (with a nod to the Trump era verbiage of "Winners!", RIM, and Tim Hortons)

(well okay Canadians would get it, the annual Tim Horton's coffe chain's contest name/banding is "Roll-up-the-rim" to win. I guess they'd have to rename for other markets)
    tazcubed likes this.
    10-27-17 11:41 PM
    People give the slider form factor too much hate, I have the Priv and i don't see what all the gripes and complaints are about, i think the biggest mistake they made was the original price, if it was the same price as the KeyOne at initial launch people wouldn't have expected everything from it. I would love if they updated it, it looks like they have replaced the DTeks with the Motion so i really wonder if they are thinking of updating the Priv because neither the Prive or DTeks got the Nougat update and after that announcement they released the Motion. As someone else mentioned they would be able to fix anything that went wrong in the first Priv so it would be even more of an improvement, also if it had the same screen size as the KeyOne that would be much better i think, i don't like large phones because they don't always fit perfectly into jean pockets.
    Mrs Teapot and Qorax like this.
    10-28-17 06:30 AM
315 1234 ...