04-24-18 09:59 AM
315 ... 111213
tools
    There is yet another one good reason for a PRIV2 to happen. They could hide the front camera with the keyboard and release a bezelless phone. The biggest screen ratio of all of them as all the competition needs to save some space for the camera with notchs or top or bottom bezels. You only use the front camera for selfies or Video conferences, not a big deal if you have to slide your phone to use them. And some manufacturers have shown the way to go while putting the camera on the bottom and making you put your phone upside down when using it.
    02-08-18 03:37 AM
    There is yet another one good reason for a PRIV2 to happen. They could hide the front camera with the keyboard and release a bezelless phone. The biggest screen ratio of all of them as all the competition needs to save some space for the camera with notchs or top or bottom bezels. You only use the front camera for selfies or Video conferences, not a big deal if you have to slide your phone to use them. And some manufacturers have shown the way to go while putting the camera on the bottom and making you put your phone upside down when using it.
    Yeah I feel like all people care about these days is bezel less. How boring and unpractical
    02-08-18 03:50 PM
    Turns out BB left some tidbits inside the Launcher 1.1.8 APK.

First things first, the BBF100 is the "Athena".

Second, here's comparing the default homescreen between the BBF100 and the KEYone: https://www.diffchecker.com/I3D5JjFE (KEYone on the left). Nothing too interesting, except BBM isn't on the home screen by default anymore. "com.android.deskclock.bb" is the TCL copy of the Google clock, which is already loaded on China devices and appears to be loaded on the BBF100 as well.

Third, there's mention of two new things inside the launcher: app cloning ("The cloned version of this app will also be uninstalled. Do you want to uninstall this app?") and "universal shortcuts" ("Press @ and any letter key to use or configure a shortcut. With shortcuts, you can quickly launch an app or perform an action."). App cloning might be coming to other devices, but I'm not sure about universal shortcuts. The iconography for universal shortcuts suggests that the BBF100 keyboard swaps right Shift for something else:

Whatever the BBF100-1 is-pkb_universal_shortcuts_tutorials_img.png

In their example, you can set dots + C to open Calendar on a short press and Contacts on a long press:

Whatever the BBF100-1 is-ic_universal_shortpress.png

Whatever the BBF100-1 is-ic_universal_longpress.png
    03-08-18 01:33 PM
    Interesting if BB Mobile is trying to put less emphasis on BBM.

Curious on the new shortcut key. I've been using the right shift for copy, paste, cut shortcuts so I don't know how I feel about it.
    03-08-18 01:51 PM
    Curious on the new shortcut key. I've been using the right shift for copy, paste, cut shortcuts so I don't know how I feel about it.
    Same here. Well hopefully the spacebar will be the trackpad which would free up the right shift key :-P But if not, hopefully this new shortcut key will be optional to where it could a shortcut key or a shift key. We'll see...
    03-08-18 09:24 PM
    Turns out BB left some tidbits inside the Launcher 1.1.8 APK.

First things first, the BBF100 is the "Athena".

Second, here's comparing the default homescreen between the BBF100 and the KEYone: https://www.diffchecker.com/I3D5JjFE (KEYone on the left). Nothing too interesting, except BBM isn't on the home screen by default anymore. "com.android.deskclock.bb" is the TCL copy of the Google clock, which is already loaded on China devices and appears to be loaded on the BBF100 as well.

Third, there's mention of two new things inside the launcher: app cloning ("The cloned version of this app will also be uninstalled. Do you want to uninstall this app?") and "universal shortcuts" ("Press @ and any letter key to use or configure a shortcut. With shortcuts, you can quickly launch an app or perform an action."). App cloning might be coming to other devices, but I'm not sure about universal shortcuts. The iconography for universal shortcuts suggests that the BBF100 keyboard swaps right Shift for something else:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pkb_universal_shortcuts_tutorials_img.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	434824

In their example, you can set dots + C to open Calendar on a short press and Contacts on a long press:

Name:	ic_universal_shortpress.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	434825

Name:	ic_universal_longpress.png 
Views:	245 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	434826
    Thanks!
    Universal shortcuts look extremely interesting.
    Just makes me wonder, what about the ctrl key and it's functions that is used in the keyboard app if they swap out one of the shift keys?
    They could bring it to the KEYᴼᴺᴱ as well if they let any of the shift keys act as the function key as per user configuration.
    Does this mean we are inching closer towards the release of this device?
    ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-08-18 09:44 PM
    Thanks!
    Just makes me wonder, what about the ctrl key and it's functions that is used in the keyboard app if they swap out one of the shift keys?
    They could bring it to the KEYᴼᴺᴱ as well if they let any of the shift keys act as the function key as per user configuration.
    Literally just voiced the same concern. True, curious if they would adapt this somehow for the keyone.
    03-08-18 09:50 PM
    Propotions will start to look like the HP Veer, but squarer and less bezel.

http://cdn-static.cnet.co.uk/i/produ...0-hp-veer1.jpg

But then Alcatel isn't new to sliders:

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/99c...9c0-480-80.jpg
    You're gonna make me dig out my Pre 3 and weep
    03-09-18 12:41 PM
    Thanks!
    I personally never use the shift keys often for the prolonged old to capitalize letters and therefore I really don't find the wasted real estate justified to me …that said I would not remove the keys but I would make them programmable so that any kind of usage could be assigned
    03-09-18 12:53 PM
    If a phone were made with the proves keyboard format the camera could be placed in the bezel below the keyboard some call the chin and then the phone could be used for selfie photographs upside down, what an idea!
    03-09-18 12:54 PM
    We should have some leaks... it is getting very boring... trying to find something in weibo but no luck.
    04-09-18 08:05 AM
    We should have some leaks... it is getting very boring... trying to find something in weibo but no luck.
    I would prefer an official announcement from TCL/BBMo... 😁

Bob
    04-09-18 08:26 AM
    I would prefer an official announcement from TCL/BBMo...

Bob
    Well, this is really frustrating. I am in the "shut up and take my money" mood since the assumed new device(s) announcement at MWC end of Feb. With the timeline of release of K1, even it they announce the devices tomorrow, we'll be lucky if they hit the market by the end of the year.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    04-24-18 09:08 AM
    Well they are doing one of those meetups in Shanghai this weekend...
    04-24-18 09:22 AM
    Well, this is really frustrating. I am in the "shut up and take my money" mood since the assumed new device(s) announcement at MWC end of Feb. With the timeline of release of K1, even it they announce the devices tomorrow, we'll be lucky if they hit the market by the end of the year.
    Like you, I am way overdue for a new device as I have had my Priv since launch and it is getting tired. I ended up doing a wipe and reset over the weekend because it was getting so clunky.

No official announcement from TCL/BBMo is very frustrating for me... all we have is rumors and speculation with regard to what these 2 rumored devices will be. As you state even if an official announcement were to come today, which it won't unfortunately, to actually be able to purchase one of these new devices would undoubtedly be a ways off. Not too mention when and where these new devices would be available and more importantly here in North America.

I am so over all the posts with regard to the leaked renders and spec's... I say to TCL/BBMo take the can off the lid and make a freakin official announcement and put all these rumors and speculation to rest.

Of course then we will no doubt get all the complaints from people who are unhappy with the new devices. But I don't care about that so much... I just want a new device and I am getting tired of waiting for something definitive from TCL/BBMo!!!

Bob
    phuoc likes this.
    04-24-18 09:59 AM
315 ... 111213