02-08-18 03:50 PM
302 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    TCL/BBM better do well... BB is counting on its cash to pay nokia for 137 million possibly.
    As for small drop/drop launch, I have no objection to launch by "multiply rats" - replicated additional assembly line quickly... but it appear to be TCL/BBM didn't react that quickly... I am suspect their assembly line are not standard set platform, but mix-matched. therefore, it is not easy to transfer tech from one line to the other... (need new reflow profile if one line is 12 zone and the other is 9 zone for example...). that will possibly related to the variation quality of the handset as we saw it in the field. thx god there is only one KB phone in market, otherwise, you got ran over by bus if it react so slow to customer demend.
    LOL
    12-04-17 08:39 PM
    TCL/BBM better do well... BB is counting on its cash to pay nokia for 137 million possibly.
    As for small drop/drop launch, I have no objection to launch by "multiply rats" - replicated additional assembly line quickly... but it appear to be TCL/BBM didn't react that quickly... I am suspect their assembly line are not standard set platform, but mix-matched. therefore, it is not easy to transfer tech from one line to the other... (need new reflow profile if one line is 12 zone and the other is 9 zone for example...). that will possibly related to the variation quality of the handset as we saw it in the field. thx god there is only one KB phone in market, otherwise, you got ran over by bus if it react so slow to customer demend.
    BlackBerry is not counting on cash from BlackBerry Mobile licence fees to pay Nokia. If they were they would be belly up tomorrow.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-04-17 09:20 PM
    One thing BlackBerry Ltd. isn't is cash poor.... the $137 million won't hurt them from a cash standpoint. What would hurt is if this had been about their patent suite, as that would have weakened their patent potentials. But it was about payments that BlackBerry was trying to defer until that suit was settled. Who knows, next year Nokia might have to turn around and give it all back.
    12-05-17 08:37 AM
    Yet you're not speculating when you say it's just spin?

My information is accurate however. Take it or leave it.
    Do you work for TCL?
    12-05-17 03:23 PM
    Do you work for TCL?
    I do not.
    12-05-17 03:30 PM
    I do not.
    Oh. I was just wondering, what makes your information any more accurate than the other people on this forum?
    12-05-17 03:39 PM
    Oh. I was just wondering, what makes your information any more accurate than the other people on this forum?
    I post what I'm comfortable posting. As I wrote before, you can take it or leave it.
    12-05-17 03:46 PM
    I post what I'm comfortable posting. As I wrote before, you can take it or leave it.
    Cool.
    12-05-17 04:02 PM
    Cool.
    Conite has a solid track record to back him up on many of his opinions. That doesn't mean he's right, but he's not just making stuff up to troll like some posters, either. His conclusions are usually based on reason and facts.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Wezard likes this.
    12-05-17 04:20 PM
    Conite has a solid track record to back him up on many of his opinions. That doesn't mean he's right, but he's not just making stuff up to troll like some posters, either. His conclusions are usually based on reason and facts.

That's good to hear. We need more of that around here lol.
    12-05-17 04:24 PM

This is true but you can also say that for those who are posting a counter argument. As much as I disagree with @Dunt Dunt Dunt (pretty much constantly haha), his opinions also use some reason and facts as well.
    12-05-17 04:37 PM
    This is true but you can also say that for those who are posting a counter argument. As much as I disagree with @Dunt Dunt Dunt (pretty much constantly haha), his opinions also use some reason and facts as well.
    Certainly, Dunt Dunt Dunt is a great poster, too. I Different opinions are great so long as the discussion is fair and civil.

12-05-17 04:48 PM
    I speculate all the time. For example I believe they've sold less than 50k
    of the K1 worldwide.

The difference is that I don't claim my speculations are totally accurate fact without any data to back them up.
    Try less than 5k. In my local Beat Buy store yesterday and they said they have sold 3 of the KeyOne in 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 06:21 AM
    Try less than 5k. In my local Beat Buy store yesterday and they said they have sold 3 of the KeyOne in 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    5K global or 5K in your market?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 09:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    More or less his tiny personal market. :P

Typed from my passport via CB10 embedded browser.
    12-08-17 04:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Global sales. BlackBerry is dead.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-17 11:48 AM
    small sample size and bias don't make responsible conclusions.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    12-09-17 11:54 AM
    Global sales. BlackBerry is dead.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is alive and well thanks to its decision to shutter the device business over a year ago, and BB10 over two years ago.

Meanwhile TCL seems to be happy with the BlackBerry brand so far.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    12-09-17 12:08 PM
    BlackBerry is doing very well with the software solution, enterprise. Hardware is outsourced/contracted/designed by a third party to company specifications, like any other company does. Nothing new here.
    12-09-17 12:22 PM
    BlackBerry is doing very well with the software solution, enterprise. Hardware is outsourced/contracted/designed by a third party to company specifications, like any other company does. Nothing new here.
    Actually it's TCL that has outsourced its OS to BlackBerry. It is a 100% TCL device.
    12-09-17 12:25 PM
    Actually it's TCL that has outsourced its OS to BlackBerry. It is a 100% TCL device.
    Actually it is BlackBerry that outsourced it's name to TCL .
    Last edited by ardakca; 12-11-17 at 08:27 AM.
    12-11-17 08:17 AM
    Actually it is BlackBerry that outsourced it's name to TCL .
    Outsourcing and licensing are two completely different business strategies and have specific accepted definitions. Calling a licensing agreement brand "outsourcing" is clever, but meaningless.

Wezard likes this.
    12-11-17 09:26 AM
    Outsourcing and licensing are two completely different business strategies and have specific accepted definitions. Calling a licensing agreement brand "outsourcing" is clever, but meaningless.

Don't agree with you there sir. Licensing lies under the out-tasking business model of outsourcing.

But who cares
    12-11-17 12:47 PM
    Don't agree with you there sir. Licensing lies under the out-tasking business model of outsourcing.

But who cares
    Except it's the other way around.

Licencing: Company A pays company B for the use of its brand name. It's still a 100% company A product with company B simply acting as a supplier.
    12-11-17 04:57 PM
    Except it's the other way around.

Licencing: Company A pays company B for the use of its brand name. It's still a 100% company A product with company B simply acting as a supplier.
    They are similar strategies in one important respect: they are based on optimizing the capabilities of two cooperating companies. But, mechanically, they are very different.

12-11-17 05:45 PM
302 ... 89101112 ...