04-24-18 09:59 AM
315 123 ...
tools
    Another day, another TCL config.

The file itself: http://www-ccpp.tcl-ta.com/files/bbf100-1.xml

Some mirrors: https://pastebin.com/YZAYRN66
    https://web.archive.org/web/20171027...s/bbf100-1.xml

And an article this time (in Dutch): https://www.mobielkopen.net/blackber...gon-660-qwerty

There's also the same file for the BBF100-2/3.

As for what it is, all we have is the CPU (Snapdragon 660), a model number (BBF100-1/2/3), a screen resolution (1620x1080), and an input method (PKB). Anything else will have to come later.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Zolti like this.
    10-27-17 01:32 AM
    Well, with a 660, a 4:3 (I might be wrong there) screen and a pkb this can only be one thing.

the Keyone Gold edition obivously.
    eldricho likes this.
    10-27-17 01:38 AM
    Just read about the 660. That's going to be a very impressive mid range chipset.
    Right direction if it is actually used.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-17 02:29 AM
    Well, with a 660, a 4:3 (I might be wrong there) screen and a pkb this can only be one thing.

Rose Gold? 😁
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    10-27-17 02:59 AM
    If this has a smaller screen, it looks like I will be giving my K1 to the GF to replace her aging Q5.

I'm a sucker for PKB phones and will buy just about every one... I think I have a problem. :X
    herbersh, JedN3d, BLu and 4 others like this.
    10-27-17 04:00 AM

3:2 - same as current KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-27-17 07:15 AM
    Just read about the 660. That's going to be a very impressive mid range chipset.
    Right direction if it is actually used.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting thing is that they would use a 630 if it was just a refreshed KEYᵒⁿᵉ. This new device appears to be intended as a "higher-end" device - using a separate SoC branch.
    10-27-17 07:17 AM
    Can someone remind us of the actual screen size of the KEYone in comparison to this one? How does 1620 x 1080 compare? Or does that tell us nothing other than this device will have great resolution?
    10-27-17 07:24 AM
    Can someone remind us of the actual screen size of the KEYone in comparison to this one? How does 1620 x 1080 compare? Or does that tell us nothing other than this device will have great resolution?
    Same.
    10-27-17 07:32 AM
    Juno, wife of Mercury?
    anon(8063781) and scott8629 like this.
    10-27-17 07:40 AM
    I wonder what this means... silkscreened Android buttons?

Code:
     <prf:NumberOfSoftKeys>0</prf:NumberOfSoftKeys>
    But resolution precludes this being a slider. RIP Priv form factor.
    10-27-17 07:46 AM
    4.5" Diagonal. In portrait it's 1080x1620.

Maybe they are rotating it 90 degrees and make a widescreen Passport.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    10-27-17 07:49 AM
    Interesting thing is that they would use a 630 if it was just a refreshed KEYᵒⁿᵉ. This new device appears to be intended as a "higher-end" device - using a separate SoC branch.
    They definitely wouldn't refresh the KEYone so soon. Wouldn't make much sense either IMO
    Maybe the Juno.
    What is more interesting is that it's BBF and not BBE after the Motion (BBD). Which means on of the other Licensees are also going to come out with a device soon. Could be optiemus since they did hint towards an all touch phone at the KEYone launch.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-17 08:16 AM
    I wonder what this means... silkscreened Android buttons?

Code:
     <prf:NumberOfSoftKeys>0</prf:NumberOfSoftKeys>
    But resolution precludes this being a slider. RIP Priv form factor.
    Why couldn't they release a slider with any other screen ratio? To me, a slider would be perfect with this screen ratio. Same size as KEYone when PKB is deployed, and more compact than any other device on the market when it is hidden. #dreamdevice
    10-27-17 08:36 AM
    Why couldn't they release a slider with any other screen ratio? To me, a slider would be perfect with this screen ratio. Same size as KEYone when PKB is deployed, and more compact than any other device on the market when it is hidden. #dreamdevice
    The slider concept is dead.

Too expensive, too bulky, too heavy, too many failure points, poor balance, etc.
    LyoobaBerry and Bbnivende like this.
    10-27-17 08:41 AM
    The slider concept is dead.

Too expensive, too bulky, too heavy, too many failure points, poor balance, etc.
    Well, you can be certain of that but I'll keep dreaming. That way, one of us *might* be wrong but the other impossibly so.

'Death and taxes', my friend.
    tazcubed likes this.
    10-27-17 10:10 AM
    4.5" Diagonal. In portrait it's 1080x1620.

Maybe they are rotating it 90 degrees and make a widescreen Passport.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sounds like they are losing the capacitive buttons for some additional screen real estate. Nice touch. With an improved SoC as well...this is getting interesting.
    10-27-17 10:13 AM
    Sounds like they are losing the capacitive buttons for some additional screen real estate. Nice touch. With an improved SoC as well...this is getting interesting.
    No. It's the same screen as the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I would suspect everything else will remain roughly the same too. Just some updated hardware.
    10-27-17 10:23 AM
    Juno, wife of Mercury?
    Good one, makes sense of Bla1ze reference to look to the stars, gods and goddesses regarding future devices.
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    10-27-17 10:25 AM
    No. It's the same screen as the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I would suspect everything else will remain roughly the same too. Just some updated hardware.
    Oops, guess I read that too fast!

Still, it's interesting (and encouraging) there is already another iteration of the KEYone on the way. It must be doing quite well.
    10-27-17 10:29 AM
    Oops, guess I read that too fast!

Still, it's interesting (and encouraging) there is already another iteration of the KEYone on the way. It must be doing quite well.
    I've been struggling over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ Black Edition, but I think I'll keep the Silver until this one comes out.
    Mrs Teapot and pooyam like this.
    10-27-17 10:32 AM
    Same screen, but still could be a different digitizer.

Though this way with the screen resolution, virtual buttons would eat the already premium screen estate.
    10-27-17 10:47 AM
    Same screen, but still could be a different digitizer.

Though this way with the screen resolution, virtual buttons would eat the already premium screen estate.
    What makes anyone think this will be landscape? It won't.
    10-27-17 10:49 AM
    Propotions will start to look like the HP Veer, but squarer and less bezel.

But then Alcatel isn't new to sliders:

vara411 and eldricho like this.
    10-27-17 10:51 AM
    What makes anyone think this will be landscape? It won't.
    I didn't, if anything I made a visualization of what a 3:2 would look like and everyone hated it.

And what I meant is it could still be portrait but with the capacitive buttons integrated like the Priv, BUT it's a bad idea since it takes screen estate.
    10-27-17 10:58 AM
315 123 ...