Never fails to amaze...what works for one may not work for another. .713 has been working just fine for me, I'd call it VERY stable. Guess I must have gotten the "special version." This has nothing to do with "kook aid." If it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't, it's simply reality.
    09-13-10 02:14 PM
    Never fails to amaze...what works for one may not work for another. Guess I must have gotten the "special version."
    yawn....I think I said that already

As the saying goes "your milage may vary".
    09-13-10 02:17 PM
    My wish for the Storm 3 is that it would come out NOW and there be no crappy Storm 2 refresh!! Or how about they at least let us know a date for the Storm 3. Like not, maybe it will be May 2011 or maybe Nov 2011, depending on Verizon's LTE network. Make a Storm 3 who's OS is innovative and who's specs aren't outdated by a year when the device is actually released.
    That's what I'd like to see out of the Storm 3, is that too much to ask???
    09-13-10 05:22 PM
    That's Nokia though. Once Samsung incorporates it into an Android phone, people will jump all over it. UPDATED: Samsung I8520 is an Android phone with built-in projector (Phone Arena News) It looks like their going with a Texas Instruments projector though, so it's probably no more than 15 lumens, which will only provide a decent picture in the dark.

As for SurePress, I would scrap it to add an HDMI port. Personally, I would prefer a Storm without SurePress anyways.

They Can't Drop SurePress, it is something exclusive to them, More people like Surepress than would use HDMI, As I said I don't like touch screens, but I think I would prefer SurePress to non SurePress for typing, I like tacticle feed back.
    09-13-10 05:24 PM
    Perhaps, but you didn't have the special "kool aid" disclaimer

yawn....I think I said that already
    09-13-10 06:28 PM
    They Can't Drop SurePress, it is something exclusive to them, More people like Surepress than would use HDMI, As I said I don't like touch screens, but I think I would prefer SurePress to non SurePress for typing, I like tacticle feed back.
    I agree it is very unlikely that they will be dropping SurePress. Again, decided to interpret the question quite literally and toss out what I would personally like to see in the Storm 3, while not considering any other factors such as price or what others would want.
    09-13-10 08:56 PM
    I think most people who dont have a Storm hate the idea of SurePress. After owning a Storm for a while though you really get to love it. It's really not that hard, I've heard people say that it's hard work to click the screen. I mean, come one, if yer having trouble clicking the screen your motor skills are seriously lacking.
    09-14-10 09:10 AM
    I think most people who dont have a Storm hate the idea of SurePress. After owning a Storm for a while though you really get to love it. It's really not that hard, I've heard people say that it's hard work to click the screen. I mean, come one, if yer having trouble clicking the screen your motor skills are seriously lacking.
    It certainly is no more difficult than pressing a physical key, and I really think it's easier on my finger tips than "pecking" on a solid glass screen.
    09-14-10 09:49 AM
    the first batch of Storm 2 phones definitely had click problems. So even though many if not most will click soft and nicely now, that definitely wasnt the case at launch, especially the lower keys which would get stiff very often, or while the device is flat. I remember holding my replacement and my original purchased device in both my hands and clicking to feel the difference and WOW, it was like night and day... amazing difference and amazing improvement now and going forward....
    09-14-10 10:29 AM
    The only problem I have with the surepress clicking is that it is so frickin' loud. Try sitting in a quiet meeting and using it, it's horrible. My Curve is as quiet as a mouse. If they could just make it quiet I wouldn't mind it so much.
    09-14-10 11:28 AM
    the first batch of Storm 2 phones definitely had click problems. So even though many if not most will click soft and nicely now, that definitely wasnt the case at launch, especially the lower keys which would get stiff very often, or while the device is flat. I remember holding my replacement and my original purchased device in both my hands and clicking to feel the difference and WOW, it was like night and day... amazing difference and amazing improvement now and going forward....
    I had problem ONLY with the lower keys when mine would lay on a flat surface, but O/S upgrade fixed that problem.
    09-14-10 12:38 PM
    Although I like SurePress, I would like to see RIM ditch it as I believe it is responsible for allot of the problems with the Storm. My S2 is loaded with dust due to the gap around the screen to support SP.

Give me a solid 512m+, a faster CPU, with a capacitive hi-res screen and OS6. Also, if something doesn't happen soon, I may be ditching BB all together. Starting to feel left out in the cold as a Storm user on VZW.
    09-17-10 11:26 AM
    What do I want to see in the Storm3?

How about the Storm3. This wait is driving me crazy. The product is due...and based on last years 11 month cycle...we should be seeing the Storm 3 by the end of this month. Yet nothing from RIM, nothing form VZW and nothing from Sal.

It is like RIM wants me to go to Apple or Android.
    09-17-10 02:54 PM
    Maybe this is the calm before the storm? (haha ok bad pun I know).

The key is if RIM makes it worth the wait. The longer they build the suspense the worse the let down will be if the device doesn't live up to expectations. It is a very risky move IMO.
    09-17-10 03:14 PM
    For me:

- Enhance the surepress further.
    - bigger screen would help.
    - higher resolution to go along.
    - 512mb+ ram, although I feel 512mb is about to be considered low for smarphones.
    - 1+ghz processor (this is the biggest request)

I know just echoing many who already voiced in here already
    09-17-10 03:35 PM
    The biggest thing I'd like to see is a release date.

I'm a Storm 1 user due for an upgrade, and the HTC Incredible is looking mighty tempting at this point. Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm, but battery life is really starting to diminish, and I'm ready for a new toy. Could buy a new battery but don't really want to dump money into a device at the end of its life.

Bottom line is that I don't have a problem waiting, but I need to know what I'm waiting for and how long I'll be waiting.
    09-17-10 04:21 PM
    1ghz processor, GSM on rogers 3g, ram 512 is enough for me i barely install any apps. high res screen is cool but i would prefer long battery life over it
    09-17-10 04:56 PM
    The biggest thing I'd like to see is a release date.
    Ditto.

How about let's just see a release date for the Storm 3. Whether it's a Storm 2 refresh or a real upgrade. Whichever.

All the rumors currently indicate that, whatever form it takes and whatever OS it has (a new storm-only or OS 6), it's suppose to be out October-November. The problem with THIS rumor is that, being mid september now, there aren't enough clues slipping out that normally do before a release... it's still vaporware right now.

Not that it matters- I am going to buy it anyway- this tells me that the rumors of it being more of a "Storm 2 refresh" seem more likely. If it were truly a cutting edge, really consumer-shocking device, we would have known more by now. My money says that it's going to be the original storm with more memory shoved under the screen to accomidate the OS 6, and any other hardware changes will be equal to whatever the top line rim hardware currently has since rim buys parts in bulk and depletes the inventory before ordering more.. so I guess that means a 5mp camera, for example, 512mb memory, etc.

My money also says it's November, close to the end, not october.... as we are too close to october to see it pop out now "all of a sudden".

Either way, I wish it would release. I want one
    09-18-10 03:07 PM
    Ditto.

How about let's just see a release date for the Storm 3. Whether it's a Storm 2 refresh or a real upgrade. Whichever.

All the rumors currently indicate that, whatever form it takes and whatever OS it has (a new storm-only or OS 6), it's suppose to be out October-November. The problem with THIS rumor is that, being mid september now, there aren't enough clues slipping out that normally do before a release... it's still vaporware right now.

Not that it matters- I am going to buy it anyway- this tells me that the rumors of it being more of a "Storm 2 refresh" seem more likely. If it were truly a cutting edge, really consumer-shocking device, we would have known more by now. My money says that it's going to be the original storm with more memory shoved under the screen to accomidate the OS 6, and any other hardware changes will be equal to whatever the top line rim hardware currently has since rim buys parts in bulk and depletes the inventory before ordering more.. so I guess that means a 5mp camera, for example, 512mb memory, etc.

My money also says it's November, close to the end, not october.... as we are too close to october to see it pop out now "all of a sudden".

Either way, I wish it would release. I want one
    Couldn't agree more. I'm a Day-One 9530 owner and wasn't impressed enough by the Storm2 to make the switch. I still love my Storm 1, but two years later it's really time for me to consider other options.

I love some of the good things I'm seeing from Android, but can't bring myself to part with RIM's excellent e-mail, as this is ultimately the main driver for me having a smartphone.

But even my patience has limits, RIM - start releasing info on whatever is coming next, be it a wholly-new Storm experience, a refresh, etc. I don't care - just put the info out there already so I can make up my mind on what my next RIM device will be. The 9530 won't last me forever....
    09-18-10 05:09 PM

I would say this might be the best looking device RIM has ever come out with. Having this design DNA in the future Tree Storm would please all of us BB fanboys.
    09-19-10 07:56 AM

I would say this might be the best looking device RIM has ever come out with. Having this design DNA in the future Tree Storm would please all of us BB fanboys.
    What is that?
    09-19-10 06:23 PM
    bluetooth car kit
    09-19-10 07:10 PM
    That does look pretty damned nice, but a touch screen device with a cover? Not gonna happen unless you like the looks of the Torch (gag). T

I am thinking that we will hear nothing of the 3 until they release the 2 Refresh because, obviously, they don't want to eat into those potential sales. Like it or not, that's market strategy for ya'.

09-19-10 09:58 PM
    ricanmedic78 hit the nail on the head. his is also much more realistic. i'm placing my money for the release in the week of 10/10/10....
    09-19-10 10:06 PM
    i def want to see a higher res screen (such as iphone4/galaxy vibrant), faster processor (1ghz), 5mp+ cam with hd video capture, act as a wireless hotspot, better touch screen

i want to see it on the hspa+ network with 3G (telus) !!

berry needs a device to compete with the iphone4/galaxy virbrant and other droids.

im sticking with my 9700 until i see something along those lines. i was thinking about the torch, but its not up to par with iphone4 and other higher end droids. im gonna save my money.
    09-19-10 11:52 PM
103 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD