09-28-10 06:30 PM
103 1234 ...
tools
    There are already other threads about this, but I will make a couple comments anyway.

Camera: 5 MP with better optics and HD video recording would be perfect. 8 MP is a waste and basucally meaningless. Look at the currwnt options...the phones with 3-5 MP cameras take better pictures than those with 8 MP.

Frint facing camera: Meh...useless other than as a selling point.

SurePress: absolutely and improved please with the option to disable.

Important things: faster processor, 4X the memory, high res screen (3.75-4"), and improvements in email and dow load services (no truncated emails, etc.).

And for the love of all that is holy, please do NOT remove the left (and most important/used) convenience key like on the unholy Torch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Your Odin Refresh is on its way Sir...

09-13-10 12:28 AM
    improved multi touch SurePress
    10 points of contact for the screen instead of 4
    What????

At what time do you need to be able to touch 10 points of contact on the screen? Let alone 4. Multi-touch on any device at this time only allows for 2 points of contact.

I think you're confusing the 4 buttons of clicking for surepress on the S2 for haptic feedback, which has absolutely nothing to do with multi-touch.
    09-13-10 12:54 AM
    What????

At what time do you need to be able to touch 10 points of contact on the screen? Let alone 4. Multi-touch on any device at this time only allows for 2 points of contact.

I think you're confusing the 4 buttons of clicking for surepress on the S2 for haptic feedback, which has absolutely nothing to do with multi-touch.
    I'm not confusing the 4 buttons of the Surepress, the vendor who makes the screens for RIM was releasing a new screen using 10 points not 4, I'd like RIM to use that,

I want improved Multi touch, AND I want 10 points of contact for a more stable screen
    09-13-10 01:03 AM
    I would like it to be a 3.5in screen, and I would also like to see the big rubber media buttons that the Curve phone has. Also it would be nice to have a track pad.

09-13-10 01:39 AM
    Hmm...
    • Larger screen (4 inches would be FANTASTIC)
    • at least 1 gig of app memory
    • faster processor than the current 624mhz in the bolds / torches
    • Dual 1550 mah battery slot I have a lot of these ms-1 batteries! LOL!. Being realistic, don't make the battery smaller! Make it BIGGER, or thinner and larger (dimension wise). A BB should last a whole day, my storm didn't .
    • a 5mpx camera would be awesome. I don't need more. If it has HD recording I would be SOOOO HAPPY.
    • No surepress! Please!? Or at least give me the option to turn it off!!!
    • Up the screen resolution.

That's it
    09-13-10 04:39 AM
    SurePress. Android.

That's it.
    09-13-10 04:46 AM
    if this phone where a demonstration of what RIM "can" do when demand calls for it, then a Storm 3 should have a:

Slimmer form factor

High Res screen

More consistant surepress + option to disable

1gb RAM

1ghz snapdragon

World phone + LTE

6 mp camera + flash, AF, IS, low light

OS 6 + QNX ready

larger 1700 battery standard

50% min faster reboot time
    09-13-10 06:26 AM

You should be emailing Netflix saying you want a Blackberry App.
    I wouldn't want one, nor would the majority of the Blackberry owners just because of data costs outside the US, so seeing a native Netflix app would be far fetched.

I also don't see them ever including a built in projector, just as a HDMI out port they are far to gimmicky and cost prohibitive to include into a phone that needs mass appeal, I really would like to See RIM partner up and create a Pico Projector with a Battery Pack to connect to my Phone for presentations, the same with a Portable battery powered printer that links to my BB wirelessly, and a maybe a USB+Aux to HDMI hub that can be plugged into the phone, these would all go into my notebook bag, but are not things I'd need even on a weekly basis.
    I have already emailed Netflix requesting a Blackberry app. I know there is no chance of a native one.. I answered this question more seriously in the last two duplicate threads that the OP failed to search for.. This time, I decided to have a little more fun with it and include everything I would personally like in RIM's media/fun Blackberry (the storm).

I personally think an HDMI port would be a perfect addition for the Storm series.

I can't see RIM ever including a projector either. Guarantee that a different company will though.
    09-13-10 07:17 AM
    I have already emailed Netflix requesting a Blackberry app. I know there is no chance of a native one.. I answered this question more seriously in the last two duplicate threads that the OP failed to search for.. This time, I decided to have a little more fun with it and include everything I would personally like in RIM's media/fun Blackberry (the storm).

I personally think an HDMI port would be a perfect addition for the Storm series.

I can't see RIM ever including a projector either. Guarantee that a different company will though.
    I was bored so I came into this thread, I don't get involved in Storm Series threads often because I'm not a touch screen fan.

I believe that Nokia made a mobile with a Built in projector for one of the big technology conventions, it was not taken very well, largely do to the cost of production,
    as for HDMI out, Storm would have to not use SurePress, as SurePress adds to the thickness of the device, and HDMI(type A) requires 4.45mm depth and the Storm 2 was 13.95mm deep, I can't see where it would fit without making it thicker, and everyone seems to want the S3 to be thinner, more in the 11-12mm range
    09-13-10 07:35 AM
    I was bored so I came into this thread, I don't get involved in Storm Series threads often because I'm not a touch screen fan.

I believe that Nokia made a mobile with a Built in projector for one of the big technology conventions, it was not taken very well, largely do to the cost of production,
    as for HDMI out, Storm would have to not use SurePress, as SurePress adds to the thickness of the device, and HDMI(type A) requires 4.45mm depth and the Storm 2 was 13.95mm deep, I can't see where it would fit without making it thicker, and everyone seems to want the S3 to be thinner, more in the 11-12mm range
    That's Nokia though. Once Samsung incorporates it into an Android phone, people will jump all over it. UPDATED: Samsung I8520 is an Android phone with built-in projector (Phone Arena News) It looks like their going with a Texas Instruments projector though, so it's probably no more than 15 lumens, which will only provide a decent picture in the dark.

As for SurePress, I would scrap it to add an HDMI port. Personally, I would prefer a Storm without SurePress anyways.
    09-13-10 07:48 AM
    What would you like to see in the Storm 3?
    A stable OS would be nice.
    09-13-10 08:00 AM
    We already have that......
    09-13-10 08:12 AM
    We already have that......
    Really? Storm3 isn't out yet.
    09-13-10 08:17 AM
    your comment implies that the Storm 2 OS is not stable, which it is. Doesnt mean it cant get better.... but that still doesnt make it "unstable." Can you wish for something on a Storm 3 that a Storm 2 already has?

I guess you can....
    09-13-10 08:27 AM
    your comment implies the Storm 2 OS is not stable, which it is. Doesnt mean it cant get better.... but that still doesnt make it "unstable."
    Sorry not drinking that Kool-Aid, but hey, more for you. S2 hasn't had a stable OS since 517. This is my fav S2 thread: Sticky Storm 2 Problems? Post here... Replies: 2,388
    09-13-10 08:31 AM
    I havent had a problem, with .713 since they fixed the keyboard pop up issue. And I cant find anything consistant on the Storm2 threads that speak of specific problems that make it unstable... hmmmm
    09-13-10 08:55 AM
    I think a really cool feature would be an OS of it's own for the Storm line. Sure it can somewhat shadow the other OSs on other BBs to keep it familiar, but I think RIM could really draw in more customers if they had a phone that was completely different, yet somewhat the same, and a seperate OS could do this.
    I understand that BBs main customer base is the business class, but there are countless non-business people who have money to burn on a multimedia based phone that has the features that we're all talking about here.
    Like I said, keep the BBs for business, but turn the Storm into something different. A BlackBerry that caters to the non-business people. ****, even the teeny boppers who have mommy and daddys credit cards for the trip to the mall.
    Their sales would go up ten fold. Gauranteed!
    U disagree? Tell me how they wouldn't make up their money.
    09-13-10 12:00 PM
    My Storm2 OS is rock solid compared to my Storm1. With my Storm1 I used to have to use Quickpull every day due to OS issues and memory leaks. Now with my Storm2 I have had zero memory leaks after two weeks and the phone has only frozen on my once. That is unheard of for Storm1 users. I also have more applications loaded on my Storm2 than I ever had on my Storm1 - making the phone more user friendly since I have more customized features/apps on my home screen.
    09-13-10 12:16 PM
    My Storm2 OS is rock solid compared to my Storm1. With my Storm1 I used to have to use Quickpull every day due to OS issues and memory leaks. Now with my Storm2 I have had zero memory leaks after two weeks and the phone has only frozen on my once. That is unheard of for Storm1 users. I also have more applications loaded on my Storm2 than I ever had on my Storm1 - making the phone more user friendly since I have more customized features/apps on my home screen.
    I ran 419 on my S1 and it was fine. 451 & 517 on S2 were about the same, 607 & 713 suck.

oh, and the dynamic duo 320/328 were probably the worst officials ever released.
    09-13-10 12:17 PM
    if this phone where a demonstration of what RIM "can" do when demand calls for it, then a Storm 3 should have a:

Slimmer form factor

High Res screen

More consistant surepress + option to disable

1gb RAM

1ghz snapdragon

World phone + LTE

6 mp camera + flash, AF, IS, low light

OS 6 + QNX ready

larger 1700 battery standard

50% min faster reboot time
    This is a great list...I would make just one addition and one change:

Give a 3.7" or 4" screen - I need more real esate on the screen. Also - since the TI chips use less energy than the snapdragons...I would opt for a 1 ghz TI chip instead.
    09-13-10 12:18 PM
    I ran 419 on my S1 and it was fine. 451 & 517 on S2 were about the same, 607 & 713 suck.

oh, and the dynamic duo 320/328 were probably the worst officials ever released.
    I am running .713 on my S2 and it is great. As for the Storm1...yes it had major issues. I stood in line to get mine on release day nearly two years ago. The S2 is light years better in every way. I hope that the S3 is not only better than the S2 but attempts to be as good as the best on the market today - which will require the changes listed above.
    09-13-10 12:20 PM
    I am running .713 on my S2 and it is great.
    As the saying goes "your milage may vary".
    09-13-10 12:25 PM
    This is a great list...I would make just one addition and one change:

Give a 3.7" or 4" screen - I need more real esate on the screen. Also - since the TI chips use less energy than the snapdragons...I would opt for a 1 ghz TI chip instead.
    definitely a bigger screen. I love the form factor size of the phone itself, I just hate the huge amounts of black around the screen, especially at the bottom where the screen buttons are.

But yea, I totally agree!
    09-13-10 12:39 PM
    plk, other than battery drain, which seems to be everyones issue with all OS's, what problem are you getting with .713??? Battery life is always hard to factor in, and mine has pretty much always been kind of bad with all OS's. I honestly dont know if its worse with .713 than OS's before. But either way, the assumption by you was that .713 is "UNSTABLE!" I dont think anyone would agree with that sentiment
    09-13-10 12:43 PM
    plk, other than battery drain, which seems to be everyones issue with all OS's, what problem are you getting with .713??? Battery life is always hard to factor in, and mine has pretty much always been kind of bad with all OS's. I honestly dont know if its worse with .713 than OS's before. But either way, the assumption by you was that .713 is "UNSTABLE!" I dont think anyone would agree with that sentiment
    Maybe "unstable" for 713 wasn't the best choice, but for the short period I tested it, and got the robotic voice, I just laughed and rolled back.

I upgraded to 713 and noticed that during a call, there was a major duplex issue, meaning that whenever you talk while someone else is talking too the inbound audio hangs and garbles (even with voice mail). I reported to Verizon, but of course they were useless and shipped me a new phone - same problem. I downgraded back to 607 and no more issue. Threads are starting to arise with this problem. Maybe someone knows of an option setting that fixes it even in 713 ? Anyway if this happens to you, dont waste your time with support.
    607 had the BT issue, and unbelievably horrible battery drain, and signal strength bouncing all over the place.

I just never found S2 to be light years ahead of S1.
    09-13-10 12:52 PM
103 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD