11-23-10 09:25 AM
62 123
tools
    Just a quick refresh - does anyone "in the know" have any idea of what is coming up at Verizon? I am about to take a job and MUST buy a blackberry for work (I have used every BB since the inception). I currently use an "X", but that is pointless for heavy email usage. I will probably go out an buy a 9650 (best BB I have ever used), but I LOVE the clamshell form factor.

I would truly appreciate any "real" info from someone "in the know"! Thanks in advance for any help!!
    11-18-10 03:22 PM
    I'm starting to think that when QNX devices come out, the specs are going to be far better than what RIM has given us to date. They cant just update a Storm 3 and leave all other BBs behind. They have to upgrade the entire line and leave behind the motion of just doubling memory and raising camera pixals a %.

The sad thing is that when they do this, I have a feel they will start with GSM first as they have always done. The port to CDMA usually happens 6 to 9 months afterward. Granted, usually with even more mem or something more enhanced, but at the end of the day, the revolution will start with GSM ...... unfortunately!

Unless LTE changes that of course!
    11-20-10 02:56 PM
    Just a quick refresh - does anyone "in the know" have any idea of what is coming up at Verizon? I am about to take a job and MUST buy a blackberry for work (I have used every BB since the inception). I currently use an "X", but that is pointless for heavy email usage. I will probably go out an buy a 9650 (best BB I have ever used), but I LOVE the clamshell form factor.

I would truly appreciate any "real" info from someone "in the know"! Thanks in advance for any help!!
    No clams for me - give me a vertical slider. It has been very quiet w/ VZWs next BB release. The Xmas holiday is right around the corner and still nothing. Might be Q1 11 before anything drops.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 08:38 AM
    please no, no sliders in any way! I want simplicity! Per-FECT the Storm and make a Bold Touch. But thats it PLZ! The last thing RIM needs to do is water itself down and become like Nokia
    11-21-10 05:01 PM
    please no, no sliders in any way! I want simplicity! Per-FECT the Storm and make a Bold Touch. But thats it PLZ! The last thing RIM needs to do is water itself down and become like Nokia
    I'm OK w/ a CDMA 9800 with better specs, a Bold w/ touch screen, or a 9000 refresh. Just give us CDMA users something more than a 9650 Tour 2. This phone is more than 2 YO technology. The 9000 is a better device - if it only was in CDMA.

11-21-10 05:19 PM
    I'm OK w/ a CDMA 9800 with better specs, a Bold w/ touch screen, or a 9000 refresh. Just give us CDMA users something more than a 9650 Tour 2. This phone is more than 2 YO technology. The 9000 is a better device - if it only was in CDMA.

the 9650 needs to feel like the 9780..... or even the 9700 for that matter. Its CDMA, but in this day in age, theres no reason for a phone to feel so clunky in the hands.

Next, the specs need to go up. At the very least, the 9650 should have some to light already with Torch specs. And thats only me being extremely conservative...
    11-21-10 05:48 PM
    Quoted for truth! Especially the bold part! I would love a device like that
    11-21-10 06:44 PM
    Those of us that want a premium piece of Qwerty equipment that doesnt feel like a brick would like the CDMA Bold to look and feel likek the 9700 or 9780. ITs pretty obvious that there is more money coming from the GSM carriers to cause the best version to be in their camp. Really.. do you want to lug around a 9650 knowing there is a 9780 out there that looks like what you should be using? Sprint Style was useless, froze, hung, and the flip was unnecessary work.. bye bye got a curve 3G until there is an actual Bold that is what its supposed to be. Until then.. its either switch to GSM or hope.
    11-21-10 09:51 PM
    How about a 9130 for the masses that loved the smaller form factor. I would love to see that.

11-21-10 11:59 PM
    the 9650 needs to feel like the 9780..... or even the 9700 for that matter. Its CDMA, but in this day in age, theres no reason for a phone to feel so clunky in the hands.

Next, the specs need to go up. At the very least, the 9650 should have some to light already with Torch specs. And thats only me being extremely conservative...
    The 9650 feels perfect in my hands. At least you feel the phone in your hand. The 9700 is just to small for me.
    11-22-10 09:02 PM
    The 9650 feels perfect in my hands. At least you feel the phone in your hand. The 9700 is just to small for me.
    Its the same keyboard and screen size smh!

It just feels clunky with extra plastic all around and a horrible tour style backing

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 11-22-10 at 09:07 PM.
    11-22-10 09:04 PM
    The backing of my Sprint 9650 is different then the tour. keyboard is the same size as 9650 on 9700 but if feels more cramped.

tastes differ, but the 9650 is an excellent bb esp with os6
    11-23-10 09:25 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD