11-23-10 08:25 AM
62 123
tools
    i'm interested in what replaces the Bold too. It was released 11 months after the Tour and isn't a big enough change for me to upgrade to. i'm waiting for Storm 3 or 4 or Bold 2. Staying with my Tour until something more than a few additions are released (maybe webkit).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    On the GSM side, I'm in the same situation. I grabbed the 8900 in Jan 09 and didn't see the 9700 as enough of an upgrade. The 9780 *might* be, but I'd really prefer something a bit farther along... Will the Torch begin a new set of devices for RIM? As smartphones, should they go all touch an touch/kb hybrids?
    09-13-10 10:43 AM
    On the GSM side, I'm in the same situation. I grabbed the 8900 in Jan 09 and didn't see the 9700 as enough of an upgrade. The 9780 *might* be, but I'd really prefer something a bit farther along... Will the Torch begin a new set of devices for RIM? As smartphones, should they go all touch an touch/kb hybrids?
    a slider was a mistake for RIM IMO. I dont think its even about outdated specs that made it an underachiever. Personally I think that theres enough people that just dont like phones that slide. It looks like a lot of ropes and pullies to achieve something that a Storm 2 or a Bold can do quote well without, and it offsets the balance of the phone when the slider is open.
    09-13-10 12:53 PM
    a slider was a mistake for RIM IMO. I dont think its even about outdated specs that made it an underachiever. Personally I think that theres enough people that just dont like phones that slide. It looks like a lot of ropes and pullies to achieve something that a Storm 2 or a Bold can do quote well without, and it offsets the balance of the phone when the slider is open.
    I think the touch screens add the cool (and utility) factor that makes these phones fun to use. Functionally, the touch screen works better for some browsing and email searching. But belting an email out is more proficient on a full qwerty I don't think the slider is that bad a compromise - as I'm a huge fan of having a real keypad - but want a touch screen. Either way, I think we are about 12 months or so away from some ground breaking devices from RIM.

09-13-10 04:15 PM
    i would like to see the original bold with a trackpad, 5 mp, more memory

Hallelujah!

09-14-10 03:17 AM
    1ghz mem
    1ghz processor
    6mb cam
    wifi n
    WE + LTE for data
    touch screen for navigation (my ultimate fav dream perk)
    09-14-10 09:42 AM
    ===== QUOTE chrisy520 ====

i'm interested in what replaces the Bold too. It was released 11 months after the Tour and isn't a big enough change for me to upgrade to. i'm waiting for Storm 3 or 4 or Bold 2. Staying with my Tour until something more than a few additions are released (maybe webkit).

===== /QUOTE ====

I would like that, but without the slide. Make it a integrated 2.8 or 3 in touchscreen and a keyboard. You could pull it off on a 9000 sized device...and you'd have plenty of space for a monster battery....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-20-10 08:07 PM
    I think you can pull it off with a 9700 form factor as well. I'm 50/50 when I think of a trackpad though. On one hand, if they do the touch screen right and make copy/paste actually useful with touch, you can eliminate the trackpad all together and get even more screen real estate going down. Its redundant anyway...if you perfect the touch aspect.

On the flip side, if it doesnt work right, then you can always keep it and just make it a slightly larger 9700 with a touch screen.
    09-21-10 07:52 PM
    The Verizon iPhone will be announced in mid November! Should start shipping Jan 3rd at the latest.
    10-05-10 07:44 PM
    I would jump on a Torch style phone if it came to Verizon. Also waiting on the rumored data teir plan from Verizon.
    10-11-10 10:00 AM
    Probably doesn't want to waste a ne2 considering the storm and storm2 came out within 6 months of release of each other making the storm 1 obsolete.
    Not quite. Storm 9530 November 21, 2008, Storm2 9550 October 28, 2009
    10-11-10 10:07 AM
    I would jump on a Torch style phone if it came to Verizon. Also waiting on the rumored data teir plan from Verizon.
    I just don't see VZ releasing a Torch... Would be nice but CDMA has different guts and would likely be a totally different design. We can hope VZ launches a BB device that would trump at&t for a change.

10-11-10 05:03 PM
    Not quite. Storm 9530 November 21, 2008, Storm2 9550 October 28, 2009
    Wow. He was dead on...NOT!

10-11-10 06:34 PM
    So back to the Original question..."what is replacing the 9650 on VZW?".

Answer: Droid Pro

No new berries planned for any time soon on VZW. Just apples and druids apparently.

10-11-10 06:36 PM
    So back to the Original question..."what is replacing the 9650 on VZW?".

Answer: Droid Pro

No new berries planned for any time soon on VZW. Just apples and druids apparently.

Multi-quote is cool, the Storm line is not. Android touchscreen ftw!
    10-11-10 06:38 PM
    Over at Nerd-berry thy are reporting that Sprint will be releasing three new O.S 6 phones. The new Curve, Oxford / style and a new Bold.So it looks like the 9650 Bold will be getting replaced in the near future.This could be what Verizon interactive launch will of O.S 6 will be about.
    Last edited by abdul; 10-11-10 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Needed to add more detail.
    10-11-10 06:44 PM
    Multi-quote is cool, the Storm line is not. Android touchscreen ftw!
    PK, what does FTW stand for - I'm embarrassed to say I'm serious. BTW, good luck with the Giants.

10-12-10 06:51 PM
    FTW- for the win. An opposition to Fail.

10-12-10 08:47 PM
    Just wait it will be awesome. The 9690. It will identical to the 9650, have a gig of storage (compared to 512 on the 9650), same processor and everything else! Maybe they'll throw in Wifi hotspot too!!!
    10-13-10 09:57 AM
    Hope it's a CDMA 9800 style phone.
    10-25-10 06:26 AM
    I just don't see VZ releasing a Torch... Would be nice but CDMA has different guts and would likely be a totally different design. We can hope VZ launches a BB device that would trump at&t for a change.

Yep not like the storm though , right . I am still on my storm 1 though
    10-26-10 03:40 PM
    Why is it so difficult to get a CDMA device that is killer - FIRST? I don't buy the GSM has more users BS. If CDMA carriers follow up with similar handsets after GSM, its not like its the profit margins that deter say VZW from being first out of the gate - since the technology (hardware internals) is totally different.

10-26-10 05:00 PM
    the Bold is awesome
    10-26-10 07:32 PM
    I would like to see the Dakota on VZ. That would be awesome IMHO.
    10-26-10 10:24 PM
    I would like to see the Dakota on VZ. That would be awesome IMHO.
    ME TOO! Join the Club! --> Where is the Dakota/Magnum?
    10-28-10 02:31 PM
    RIM is slowly dying a painful death with very questionable models - 9780, 9650, and whatever the model that fugly flip phone is. RIM loves monkeying around with mediocrity.

RIM stopped innovating years ago. I think their last innovation was push email and BBM.
    11-01-10 02:31 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD