11-23-10 08:25 AM
62 123
tools
    Any ideas as to what will be replacing the 9650 on vzw? I know we will be seeing the storm 3 (replacing the storm), probably a new version of the curve in a year or so, but I was wondering if there is any idea about the next iteration of the, now bold, 9650.
    05-23-10 06:50 PM
    No thoughts yet? Wondering if I should waste my NE2 now and not be able to get a new phone for 2 more years...
    05-28-10 09:35 PM
    you could always to a annual upgrade.
    05-28-10 09:36 PM
    No thoughts yet? Wondering if I should waste my NE2 now and not be able to get a new phone for 2 more years...
    I am with Yester. If you have a base plan price of $59.99 or higher you can upgrade every 12 months for the 2 year contract price with Verizon. You don't get a NE2 but with technology improving so fast, staying current is more important to me than a small discount.
    05-28-10 10:40 PM
    I am with Yester. If you have a base plan price of $59.99 or higher you can upgrade every 12 months for the 2 year contract price with Verizon. You don't get a NE2 but with technology improving so fast, staying current is more important to me than a small discount.
    Good point
    05-29-10 08:28 AM
    So any thoughts? Got the storm3 as the next storm iteration, possibly the dakota as the next curve iteration, but what about the 9650...? Is there really no talk about this yet?
    06-23-10 05:53 PM
    knowing RIM.....here is the specs of the 9570

Added features include:

5mp camera
    OS6 initially installed
    Mayb.....1 gig of memory (BIG mayb)

lol and thats probably it. everything else will be the same......ughhhhhhh
    06-23-10 08:46 PM
    knowing RIM.....here is the specs of the 9570

Added features include:

5mp camera
    OS6 initially installed
    Mayb.....1 gig of memory (BIG mayb)

lol and thats probably it. everything else will be the same......ughhhhhhh
    Well, bold is 9650... not sure they would go back to a 95xx nubering as a successor to a 96xx device. and the 9670 is the flip... So... anyone else have any thoughts? :-p
    06-23-10 08:48 PM
    And whats more, the 97xx 98xx and 99xx series are different phones... Where do the numbers go from here? 9690?
    06-23-10 08:51 PM
    yeah sorry, i did mean the 9670.........but i did forget the clam was a 9670.

honestly....i don't know where they would go regarding their keyboard'd devices. Better screen resolution, wifi n, mayb better bluetooth tech, bigger screens....don't know what to expect really.

I would like to see a new design
    06-23-10 10:12 PM
    i think it will be a transformer
    06-24-10 10:35 PM
    So any thoughts? Got the storm3 as the next storm iteration, possibly the dakota as the next curve iteration, but what about the 9650...? Is there really no talk about this yet?
    So your seriously asking what is going to be the bold replacement for verizon when it JUST came out 21 days ago?
    06-24-10 10:45 PM
    So your seriously asking what is going to be the bold replacement for verizon when it JUST came out 21 days ago?
    Of course.
    06-25-10 08:01 AM
    Probably doesn't want to waste a ne2 considering the storm and storm2 came out within 6 months of release of each other making the storm 1 obsolete.
    06-27-10 09:49 AM
    Probably doesn't want to waste a ne2 considering the storm and storm2 came out within 6 months of release of each other making the storm 1 obsolete.
    I am pretty sure it was a year between and not 6 months.

And to the OP, who cares! The phone just came out! Are you one of those people that is never happy with what they have and always wanting or waiting for the latest and greatest? Seriously.
    06-27-10 10:47 AM
    i'm interested in what replaces the Bold too. It was released 11 months after the Tour and isn't a big enough change for me to upgrade to. i'm waiting for Storm 3 or 4 or Bold 2. Staying with my Tour until something more than a few additions are released (maybe webkit).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 11:56 AM
    i would like to see the original bold with a trackpad, 5 mp, more memory
    07-01-10 09:47 AM
    I'm with you guys. I have the Tour and just sold my Incredible. I think it is foolish to go by the Bold when there are not real changes from the Tour. I am one of the ones that has never really had terrible problems with the trackball so I am holding off to hear about the next greatest BB. Come on Bold 2!
    07-06-10 06:40 AM
    I bought my Tour when it came out at full retail and did not renew my contract in hopes of using it on the next great phone. Now, I was able to get the Bold as a warranty replacement so I didnt have to renew for the latest phone. NOW, since my contract will be expiring in a month I am just going to sit tight with the month to month until the next iteration of the bold, whatever it is, comes out to use my NE2 and renew my contract.

The whole point of this tread was pure curiosity as to what will be coming out in the next year or so... But it appears that kind of info is so scarce it is non-existent.
    07-06-10 07:29 PM
    Similar situation with the Tour and Bold 9650...
    07-06-10 07:32 PM
    Bump... Any new news? I'm guessing nothing much yet
    09-11-10 01:34 PM
    I didn't know you could do that... good info.
    09-11-10 02:24 PM
    i'm interested in what replaces the Bold too. It was released 11 months after the Tour and isn't a big enough change for me to upgrade to. i'm waiting for Storm 3 or 4 or Bold 2. Staying with my Tour until something more than a few additions are released (maybe webkit).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed... but the trackball was too big an irratant for me so I upgraded. Its really much nicer and I find I use the wi-fi a lot more than I thought I would...
    09-11-10 02:30 PM
    The whole point of this tread was pure curiosity as to what will be coming out in the next year or so... But it appears that kind of info is so scarce it is non-existent.
    Pretty much correct - not much out there but hopes and wishes.
    09-11-10 02:32 PM
    it was a year btwn storm 1 and 2 lol

As for the next bold, this would be a perfect time to upgrade the bold line and make the magnum/dakota the next evolution of the Bold line. With the curve to follow suit.

But we all know this wont happen though
    09-12-10 08:43 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD