I love my 9900 with OS 7.1. I really think this is the best phone on the market, period. Anything the phone doesn't do relative to the others is simply due to a lack of apps. All phones can boast different features from one another but when it comes to having the phone just work to do what it should do, BB is my choice (perhaps I'm biased, but this is IMHO).

So what will BB10 do that OS 7.1 doesn't do? I've heard better graphics,and QNX stability. But I haven't heard why BB10 will blow the competition out of the water, or why I would want to upgrade from what I have? Having it run Android apps will be a huge plus I guess. Then ppl can have the best of both worlds. BB quality with all the Android fart apps you can handle.

Personally, I think RIM should market the next generation as iBB10. Then they might get the attention of some of those American folk. :-)
    happyhardik likes this.
    02-20-12 12:13 PM
    There's lots of speculation going on in the rumored phones forums...

And personally, I don't think RIM should market any i's at all. It's not an iphone, it's a bb.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    02-20-12 12:43 PM
    And personally, I don't think RIM should market any i's at all. It's not an iphone, it's a bb.
    I agree. Phones are like blue jeans they are a trend. Watch how fades make a circle. What's cool today won't be tomorrow but will be again in a couple yrs.
    I jusg have to wait for the next phone to see if I upgrade. I'm sure sometime in the future I'll upgrade to the new phone. Until then I'm enjoying my os7 phone.
    02-20-12 02:06 PM
    ...It'll play Angry Birds?
    02-21-12 03:41 AM
    I love my 9900 with OS 7.1. I really think this is the best phone on the market, period. Anything the phone doesn't do relative to the others is simply due to a lack of apps. All phones can boast different features from one another but when it comes to having the phone just work to do what it should do, BB is my choice (perhaps I'm biased, but this is IMHO).

So what will BB10 do that OS 7.1 doesn't do? I've heard better graphics,and QNX stability. But I haven't heard why BB10 will blow the competition out of the water, or why I would want to upgrade from what I have? Having it run Android apps will be a huge plus I guess. Then ppl can have the best of both worlds. BB quality with all the Android fart apps you can handle.

Personally, I think RIM should market the next generation as iBB10. Then they might get the attention of some of those American folk. :-)
    practically speaking, front facing camera (video conferencing), app installation without reboot, ability to use the apps while installation is taking place, unlimited (or at least limited by physical memory on the phone) app installation memory.
    02-21-12 03:55 AM
    Front facing camera is very likely, as well as the usual hardware upgrades (better touch technology, more processing power, across the board NFC). There will be better connectivity across products in the likeness of wikitude.

As has been said, it's speculative at its best. But google around.
    02-23-12 01:42 PM
    Phone restart with every app install is really annoying. BB is different than iPhone, if it copies iPhone it will loose its charm. iPhone doesn't have qwerty keyboard, business features like BB but it has better screen, better media features. I agree with 12echo4, phones are like jeans, trends keep changing.
    03-03-12 05:48 AM
    Will os 7 devices get an update?
    03-25-12 02:22 PM
    not to BB10. Probably updates in os7.
    03-25-12 09:02 PM
    All I really hope BB10 to have is all that stability the PB has, all the fanciness possible and when I swipe down the menu on the BB10 phone, I want it to have all the current options BB7 has and even more! All the integration Java based BB OS posses in BB10 is a MUST.
    03-25-12 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD