01-08-11 09:53 AM
32 12
tools
    im not so sure about minority there are alot of people out there who Love the surepress but im sorry my post botherd you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/su...06/index2.html
    You either like it or hate it... its mixed 50/50 i'd bet. I tried it and found it difficult to punch out long emails. How bout a S3 Slider?
    01-03-11 09:46 PM
    Just make sure you stay open to new developments, too.

I thought I was a diehard SurePress fan... until I got a Droid X with Swype. It's a LOT faster than thumb-typing on my S2 could ever be.

I'm certainly willing to look at whatever RIM releases next, but it's going to have to be a quantum leap forward to pass Android devices.
    My brother and I both had a S2 and loved it and Surepress. I still have mine as I have no reason to get another, but he broke his phone and made the jump to the DroidX. Now he wants me to make that jump because as much as he liked the S2 he says the X is leaps and bounds better. I pretty much said exactly what you said... I'm gonna wait for the S3 to launch (or get some solid leaked images/info) and make my decision then. I sure as he11 hope the S3 is pretty outsanding (and has kept the Surepress) because I have no desire to leave BB any time soon, but will if I have to.
    01-07-11 08:39 AM
    You either like it or hate it... its mixed 50/50 i'd bet. I tried it and found it difficult to punch out long emails. How bout a S3 Slider?
    I like some heft to my phones, but I don't want the extra bulk... especially if I'm going to carry around my BB and a PB!!!
    01-07-11 08:41 AM
    Seriously, that would make me SO happy. As long as it was LTE. That's what would keep me as a BB consumer.
    01-07-11 01:29 PM
    Seriously, that would make me SO happy. As long as it was LTE. That's what would keep me as a BB consumer.
    Doesn't look like anything is coming out any time soon... definitely nothing LTE... or QNX
    01-07-11 07:03 PM
    it's kinda weird.. Every time I demo my storm 2 to someone they think its one of the greatest things..

I can understand why people didn't like the storm 1 version of sure press, but ti didn't bother me.

I think what turns people away from sure press is it is not what people are used to. And, in general, people don't like or fear what they don't understand.

Just like how my mom (and her peers) didn't like cellphones until she actually got one.

I hope the engineers for the storm 3 improve upon sure press.
    I don't like surepress because I can type faster on a normal capacitive screen that doesn't need to click. A multitouch keyboard IMO is much better than surepress. Hover your thumbs and press the next key as one thumb is leaving the last key it touched. Not to mention word prediction on keyboards like Swiftkey. Most of the time I don't need to type on a full sentence because the app knows what I want to say.

I know people who love sure press. Most touchscreen users I know hate it.
    01-07-11 09:46 PM
    In order of preference:

1. Hardware qwerty
    2. SurePress
    3. Normal Capacitive touch screen

Yes, I like all three, because I have all three of them each on separate devices.

Anyway, I think that was irrelevant.
    01-08-11 09:53 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD