I'm not sure this is too much to ask in a smart phone as we near 2011. This is my wish list of criteria of the next phone to replace my aging Storm 1:

Touchscreen - large with nice keyboard interface (no sliders). I'm 6'4" with large hands so this is a must.

Improved processor speed. Doesn't need to multitask necessarily. Just be able to keep up with me as I switch from application to application.

Fast internet browsing. An internet experience close to the one I have on my laptop.

Apps. Apps. Apps.

Email. It's nice to have multiple email account access. Would be nicer if I coud also view HTML email.

International use. I do travel occasionally. Would be nice to be able to have international access.

And of course....reliable network.

So without being limited by brand loyalty....which smart phone either currently (or soon to be) on the market would satisfy these criteria?
    12-10-10 05:11 AM
    if you don't care about the brand but you wanna keep the carrier, then i'm gonna suggest the Droid Pro @ vzw. granted, android os is totally unorganized and inefficient, much like windows and that entire cluster-#$@% of disorganized randomness. anyhoo, the phone looks kinda cool, large-ish touchscreen, bar-style with a full, BB-looking--i only point this out as a result of droid's epic FAIL with a physical keyboard to this point--keyboard, 1GHz processor, droid does have a few apps, it runs Flash--just like your laptop--and i'm pretty positive that it's global and the last i heard, vzw has a pretty decent network. happy hunting, cheers!
    12-10-10 05:59 AM
    I would say droid x. No physical keyboard but a huge screen with a pretty nice large on screen keyboard. I see tons of big dudes with these phones. It's kind of funny because it acrually looks less tablet like and more of a normal sized phone on their hands. Nicer and way higher res screen than the droid pro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 06:24 AM
    granted, android os is totally unorganized and inefficient
    Not if you have completed, at least, the 6th grade.
    12-10-10 06:26 AM
    Rim is testing snap dragon multi core processors right now.

There should be some new devices Q2 Q3 2011

12-10-10 10:31 AM
    Rim is testing snap dragon multi core processors right now.

There should be some new devices Q2 Q3 2011

They will use the Snapdragon MSM8660, right (CDMA/HSPA, Dual-core >1Ghz, shipping now).
    12-10-10 11:18 AM
    You forgot dualbooting

12-10-10 03:34 PM
    If I could make the perfect BlackBerry, it would have SureType with a screen the size of the original Pearl. With wi-fi and 1GB of memory, 5 MP camera, vidcam, with QNX. It should probably come with a Dimension theme, and RIM could go for length rather than width.

Last edited by seanmaclair56; 01-02-11 at 06:58 AM.
    01-02-11 06:56 AM
    If I could make the perfect BlackBerry
    It would work when I need it...... Unlike my current BlackBerry......
    01-02-11 10:23 PM
    And be able to render web pages correctly and fully. Unlike the current BlackBerry browser.

01-03-11 06:11 AM
    If I could just get everything BB does now, with a high res capacitive touch screen, add in a great web browsing and multimedia experience, a great selection of rich apps with a healthy development community, and enough memory to store these apps, videos and music, then I would be much happier with RIM.
    01-03-11 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD