03-23-12 02:51 AM
74 123
tools
    I know I know, but face it. The average person doesn't know that, they see Andround with their flashy 12 megapixel camera. Then they see BlackBerry with the smaller one and just assume the android is best. Works with Nokia.
    12-05-11 08:10 AM
    keeping the trackpad and keyboard and add an additional button that connects live video stream from the RIM headquarter and shows us videos of live electrocutions of the company's inapt executives
    12-12-11 08:45 AM
    What I want from a BBX Phone? that question can't be answered simply,
    What I want from the BBX Phone Line & The BlackBerry EcoSystem is more what I will answer here.

The BlackBerry EcoSystem with BBX I would like to see

USER controlled BIS functions such as
    > email Truncation size
    > Web based carrier.blackberry.net email with Carrier billing for additional space
    > Web based carrier.blackberry.net storage with Carrier billing for additional space

RIM needs Carrier Billing, Credit Card Billing, Prepaid Gift Card Billing, PayPal Billing for the following

App World ( Needs a Sub, Theme World, Games World, App World, Corp World)
    BBM Music ( subscription model + song purchase model)
    BBM Video ( Subscription model + purchase model
    BBM Books ( Possibly a Partnership with Kobo as Kobo is very social networking conscience )

After all those bits are in place what I want from Hardware are
    ALL BBX(10) devices should have the following
    small bezel for playbook like gestures.
    1800-2000mhA Batteries
    Front and rear facing cameras (curve series 5MB/3MB, other series 8MB/3MB)
    Bluetooth 4 Smart Ready
    NFC capabilities
    backlit trackpad

in 2012 I want to See RIM launch

Full touch screen
    Full touchscreen slider
    Both phones will match specs
    1.2Ghz-1.5Ghz dual core processors, 1GB of RAM, with 8GB of onboard app addressable storage
    Both phones will have a 600 x 1024 resolution on a 4.0" touch screen,
    Both phones will have a customizable software keyboard, with options for downloadable alternative keyboards like SWIPE

Bold 9900 Form Factor
    1.2Ghz-1.5Ghz Dual core processors, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of onboard addressable storage
    2.8" bezelled touchscreen,
    leather back like the 9000 bold,
    device needs to be bullet proof, no light leakage, well built, this will be the premium keyboard device of 2012, it must be perfect in manufacturing.

Curve Series: Curve, and Curve HD
    Both devices will have 1.2Ghz single core processors
    Both devices will have 512MB RAM
    Both devices will have 2.4" touch screens
    Both devices will have 4GB onboard addressable storage
    Curve HD will have a 10MP back LED lit camera, and 3MB FFC, ( or what ever is the TOP OF THE LINE Camera on smartphones at the time)
    regular curve will have as listed above for camera

Pearl Series!
    Welcome Back Pearl! thinner sexier, 16GB onboard storage, and FREE BBMM
    1.2Ghz Single core processor
    512MB RAM
    1.8" touchscreen
    SureType Keyboard
    This device is target as the MP3 Player replacement!
    12-13-11 09:38 PM
    My only issue with BB have always been download speed. I'm here downloading a 1MB app while an android/iphone user is right next to me downloading a 19MB app and they get done before me. Like seriously what is that all about??? Faster more fluent download speed and I will be complete.
    I agree with you whole heartedly - can't figure out why my bold takes so long to download some apps, etc. I'm hoping with later OS's coming out the speed will improve.
    12-13-11 10:24 PM
    I want the same battery, same keyboard, same everything with all the limits (truncated emails, slow [download] speed) of the bbos software overcome by qnx.
    anon4188935 likes this.
    12-14-11 08:22 PM
    Wow, this is super. Gr8t mock up and I couldn't agree more on specs. It is time RIM steps up in highend device feels. Corning glass, front facing camera are what I look forward to the most. And of course, improvement in touch screen performance. I will wait till Bold BB10 flagship device becomes available!

Cheers

Okay, after a few more tweaks and adding a few of you guys' specs that were great and I missed out on, here is the new draft of photoshopped torch into Storm 3D -

Click to view quoted image

Vote it up, maybe RIM might get inspired by it haha.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-11 11:37 PM
    Better apps, widgets, and better looking OS.
    01-02-12 08:38 PM
    minimal bugs. feature complete.
    01-02-12 08:43 PM
    You knowing about it the only 2 things I can think of is a bigger screen and the best browsing experience of anything out there which would include you know flash html5 and a fast processor
    01-03-12 10:36 AM
    i just dont want a slider or all-touch phone. i love a physical keypad. speedy performance is a must. touchscreen + physical keypad like the 9900 would be awesome as well. i dont have many problems with my 9700 unless im browsing the internet, and it takes a while for things to load

it's sad, my once loyal rim friends have all converted to android or ios. nooo!
    01-04-12 12:10 AM
    Take the 9900/9930 and add the following;
    -AF camera.
    -A big enough battery for a day of moderate use (my 9650 just barely qualifies).
    -Stable, crash free OS.
    -Cloud based webmail system that syncs with my desktop and device, folders and all.
    -A large amount of quality apps available.
    -Keep the current touchscreen, I don't think a gesture bezel is necessary on a qwerty device, don't waste the space.
    -LTE enabled, but have the option available to turn it on and off.
    -Adobe flash enabled.
    -I would love it to be waterproof, or at least water resistant, but that's asking a lot.
    01-08-12 06:53 AM
    I agree with many others: Forget thinness.

Take the existing Bold, make the screen both wider and taller. Put in a bigger battery and BOOM...perfection.
    FASHER and jkomo001 like this.
    01-19-12 08:47 AM
    I agree with many others: Forget thinness.

Take the existing Bold, make the screen both wider and taller. Put in a bigger battery and BOOM...perfection.
    idunno... it'll probably be too big.
    01-19-12 01:41 PM
    a landscape slider!
    DirtySantos likes this.
    01-26-12 07:49 PM
    All the hardware comments are a given and they seem to be generally the same with three basic devices. Assuming that these are excellent and the BB10 software is as good as we know it to be, then we move on to the apps. The apps have to be excellent and comprehensive. Many writers have said in articles this week that BB doesn't have to have apps, just focus on the messaging market. The logic being that BB will never beat Apple and Android at their game. There is some truth to that but BB has to have both to regain their way and fight back and then exceed. Above this though, wait for it...they have to have the absolute best and secure cloud services offering. Let me explain further, not only does the basic email cloud function have to be there (including email, which more and more is gmail or similar not so much the exchange based or pop based email) but they need to have a cloud services suite for apps that even Apple is missing (iCloud is really crappy and likely going to be needing a relaunch)...Ever try and get your SMS messages back on your phone after a replacement? Or what about a Google Voice like voicemail system? Or documents? These cloud services would provide differentiation.

So I'm assuming that the new devices will be killer, but without the ecosystem you got nothing. Steve Jobs knew this. Some areas arent worth chasing...Music and videos give it to Amazon or 7 or spotify. They will kick our butts in downloadable media and are building out there ecosystems - not to mention its a huge distraction. Ultimately what you want is the benefits of controlling your hardware AND software a la Apple AND the provide a seamless cloud experience of Google. You may just want to integrate what some of these more established cloud apps provide, but make it a seamless experience. Once you add in what BB already is known for (security - lack of security is becoming a alarming drumbeat in the Android community) you have a killer experience.

My specific solution for BB is to buy a company with an online based interface that aggregates all your feeds like Nimble www.nimble.com. Nimble is a feed aggregator and online CRM. (Started by the founder of ACT software)They are tied to Google and Google apps but they provide a dashboard for all your feeds including Gmail, Exchange, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter etc. to be viewed in one place. They have tabs for calendar and then some features that are lite CRM that tie into feeds from other sources. This is very similar to they way the new Email, Calendar and Contact clients work for Playbook 2.0 and I assume BB10. Let's look at what we had in the past for viewing email and managing accounts for BB users...a measly little log in with no other fed in content. By buying or creating a Nimble like experience and then adding tabs for:

Apps
    Photos
    Music
    SMS
    BBM
    Voicemail
    Backup
    ***Be careful not to add Apps just CORE features available online that would be instantly updated between Web interface and phone/tablet.

You would have an interface that users would have view-able throughout the day and a go to resource that would supplant going to Google or their online email client to get information. Think of the advertising potential and just the value proposition that BB would appear to be offering. The use of the CRM environment would reinforce the elements of the BB brand which still have major elements of credibility in the market - productivity and then by adding these other features the BB Nimble interface is the go to. I think this is right plan because BB is not going to catch up to Gmail in email or Apple in Media, but the aggregation approach is fair game and its flexible. People have different habits, they use different accounts/feeds, and this would allow to be the place users spend time regardless of what apps and feeds they use to customize their experiences. It would be all Blackberry at the eyeball level. Add BB legendary security and you really have something that would appear to build out the ecosystem and value proposition that would complement these great new devices.
    Last edited by bboptimist; 01-27-12 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Messy and not complete
    oscarlozano15 likes this.
    01-26-12 11:41 PM
    Slider - like 98XX
    1024 x 600 over 4" screen
    1.5 ghz processor or higher
    3g would be fine if the processor is fast enough, 4g would be great but not useful if it drains the battery
    Battery to last over a full day - 7.1.0 sucks the life out of my 9930 - it may be an app but i am seeing too many days where i need to re-juice
    5-8 megapixel auto focus but with killer image processing - add back the second convenience key with shutter option - maybe lower right side for intuitive horizontal shutter release
    Slider, brick and candy bar models - dump Curve and just produce 3 killer phones, maybe keep curve for emerging markets

Higher or buy app development shops and subsidize large scale successful apps that don't have bbx parts. Make every major bank a BB app, every major media outlet a bb app, build a BB app for starbucks/dropbox/cnbc/cnn/netflix whoever will keep users glued to the brand - stop that sinking feeling i get when i seek out a brand's app and all they offer is ios and android - this is why RIM is losing it's user base. The devices are great, bbx better be great or it's party over.

I would also be willing to pay for a "premium" version with HD audio - make a phone that makes talking on a cell better than a desk phone - killer app and real category differentiation.

Done!
    01-27-12 12:10 AM
    Slider - like 98XX
    1024 x 600 over 4" screen
    1.5 ghz processor or higher
    3g would be fine if the processor is fast enough, 4g would be great but not useful if it drains the battery
    Battery to last over a full day - 7.1.0 sucks the life out of my 9930 - it may be an app but i am seeing too many days where i need to re-juice
    5-8 megapixel auto focus but with killer image processing - add back the second convenience key with shutter option - maybe lower right side for intuitive horizontal shutter release
    Slider, brick and candy bar models - dump Curve and just produce 3 killer phones, maybe keep curve for emerging markets

Higher or buy app development shops and subsidize large scale successful apps that don't have bbx parts. Make every major bank a BB app, every major media outlet a bb app, build a BB app for starbucks/dropbox/cnbc/cnn/netflix whoever will keep users glued to the brand - stop that sinking feeling i get when i seek out a brand's app and all they offer is ios and android - this is why RIM is losing it's user base. The devices are great, bbx better be great or it's party over.

I would also be willing to pay for a "premium" version with HD audio - make a phone that makes talking on a cell better than a desk phone - killer app and real category differentiation.

Done!
    oscarlozano15 likes this.
    01-27-12 12:12 AM
    for me its the look of the phone not whats inside. RIM already knows what they need to put inside their phone just by looking at the market. the form factor i want to see would be the thickness of the 9550. the width of the bold 9900. all touch screen 9860. and a horzontal keyboard(hence the thickness of the 9550). they would be my ideal BB.
    01-27-12 01:50 AM
    1) Video chat (through BB10 platform)
    2) Netflix
    3) Phones at the same price level should have the same features (eg. No NFC on Torch)
    4) thinner is not always better (wait I gotta plug my phone in)
    01-27-12 09:56 AM
    Just Awesome... All it needs its attention from RIM and good HW Specs. Please, don't forget SureType keyboard!!
    01-27-12 10:44 AM
    I want FLASH in browser and APPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a good battery and to be able to change many things with the OS.
    01-27-12 12:44 PM
    What would you like to change?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 02:14 PM
    Faster browser and download speeds, MORE APPS, better camera, better battery life.

I don't really care about specs, just make these happen!

Oh and a front facing camera too, but since Blackberry is all about privacy, they should make it like real cameras where the lens is covered until you want to use it... I hate feeling like someone could be watching my every move through the front and/or rear cameras on my ipod touch -_-
    01-28-12 03:41 AM
    Faster browser and download speeds, MORE APPS, better camera, better battery life.

I don't really care about specs, just make these happen!

Oh and a front facing camera too, but since Blackberry is all about privacy, they should make it like real cameras where the lens is covered until you want to use it... I hate feeling like someone could be watching my every move through the front and/or rear cameras on my ipod touch -_-
    01-28-12 05:33 AM
    I want a BOLD type keyboard. Slick multi tasking like on the PB. Browser like the PB. More apps. Custom themes.
    01-28-12 07:57 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD