08-07-13 09:01 AM
40 12
tools
    BlackBerry has stated that there would be 6 BB10 devices (I still think the 9720 does not count here...). With the upcoming launch of the Z30 isn't in only fair to assume that there will be a Q30?

The six devices would then be...
    1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) Z30

5) Q30
    6) Z5

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 07:35 PM
    BlackBerry has stated that there would be 6 BB10 devices (I still think the 9720 does not count here...). With the upcoming launch of the Z30 isn't in only fair to assume that there will be a Q30?

1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) Z30

5) Q30
    6) Z5

Posted via CB10
    Fingers crossed for a Q30!!

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    08-03-13 08:05 PM
    The Porsche Design rehash of the Z10 would be one of the remaining two..

It's hard to imagine a better qwerty phone than the Q10 as it is.....but I know it's someone's job at BlackBerry to keep making better qwerty phones. So for them, I am thankful that they CAN imagine a better qwerty phone.
    08-03-13 08:32 PM

1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) Z30

5) Q30
    6) Z5
    I think your guesses will end up being way off the mark, the 9720 will end up being part of the 6 devices and the PD z10 will end up being the final one of the 6 for this year, so no new qwerty or cheaper all-touch until next year.
    08-04-13 08:50 AM
    Porsche Design has just bought a bunch of Z10s and just ripped off the skin and replaced it.

Not sure if that would count as 'a separate BlackBerry device'... especially as it won't be going to be sold by carriers.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    08-04-13 09:51 AM
    Porsche Design has just bought a bunch of Z10s and just ripped off the skin and replaced it.

Not sure if that would count as 'a separate BlackBerry device'... especially as it won't be going to be sold by carriers.
    It is more complex than you dismiss it as and regardless it is almost certainly included in that 6 devices for 2013 thing.
    08-04-13 03:40 PM
    ZQ15 and it's gonna be a slider. 16:9 screen with full qwerty.

Its gonna kick ***.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 03:48 PM
    ZQ15 and it's gonna be a slider. 16:9 screen with full qwerty.

Its gonna kick ***.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, a unicorn!
    08-05-13 06:06 PM
    I think your guesses will end up being way off the mark, the 9720 will end up being part of the 6 devices and the PD z10 will end up being the final one of the 6 for this year, so no new qwerty or cheaper all-touch until next year.
    Apparently Thorsten said that the 6th device was pushed back to 2014 so we might not see it this year. Stands in line with the Porche Z10 that's supposed to come out next year.
    08-05-13 08:16 PM
    BB stated 6 phones this year and the Porsche design will be released in 2014 so it can not be a part of the 6 phones.
    08-05-13 10:54 PM
    I am starting to think (and somewhat hope) the AQ series is the launch version of the A-Series.

The release has been delayed so much that it would make sense to jump to the next generation (which should address the criticisms of the concept: screen resolution and processor).

I don't think we've ever seen a leaked screen for the AQ so I think it may be the 5" 1080p people have been speculating about (and would explain the extra icons and messages in the hub). It is already listed as having a quad core and Adreno 330, which would again address the concerns of the critics.

I really hope BlackBerry has listened to the critics (it seems so from recent OS updates) and brings the AQ as the A10 (or whatever they call it), skipping the original hardware (like they did for the Z10).

If they get it out in a reasonable time frame we may actually see a BlackBerry with comparable specs to the top end Androids and this could be a huge draw for some of them and a way to silence critics (especially with Jelly Bean runtime and more portathons).

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 12:39 AM
    I don't think we've ever seen a leaked screen for the AQ so I think it may be the 5" 1080p people have been speculating about (and would explain the extra icons and messages in the hub). It is already listed as having a quad core and Adreno 330, which would again address the concerns of the critics.

I really hope BlackBerry has listened to the critics (it seems so from recent OS updates) and brings the AQ as the A10 (or whatever they call it), skipping the original hardware (like they did for the Z10).

If they get it out in a reasonable time frame we may actually see a BlackBerry with comparable specs to the top end Androids and this could be a huge draw for some of them and a way to silence critics (especially with Jelly Bean runtime and more portathons).
    People need to quit with this fantasy of BB ever being able to keep a device from leaking, if they were going to release a quadcore version with a 1080p display then somebody would have got pictures of it by now and no extra icons do not imply such a device because sensible ui optimisations would be a far more likely reason for them than previously unconfirmed hardware.

As far as them having to compete on specs, if that is the case then they are done as a company because there is no way they can do that in the long run, just look at the trouble HTC are having despite tending to always have some of the highest-end devices out there.

The a-series provides a different option with the larger display, the crucial thing will be with the pricing, it will be an upper midrange model only and should be priced accordingly.
    08-06-13 07:03 AM
    People need to quit with this fantasy of BB ever being able to keep a device from leaking, if they were going to release a quadcore version with a 1080p display then somebody would have got pictures of it by now and no extra icons do not imply such a device because sensible ui optimisations would be a far more likely reason for them than previously unconfirmed hardware.

As far as them having to compete on specs, if that is the case then they are done as a company because there is no way they can do that in the long run, just look at the trouble HTC are having despite tending to always have some of the highest-end devices out there.

The a-series provides a different option with the larger display, the crucial thing will be with the pricing, it will be an upper midrange model only and should be priced accordingly.
    It's not a fantasy: I have the Q10 and have no intention of getting the A10 so I really don't care too much what it is (other than for BlackBerry to do well).

All I was saying is that I don't think we have seen a leaked set of specs with display for the AQ (people have just assumed it is the same as the A).

With that being said, and no bias on what screen should be used, the simplest explanation to the images with more icons and messages is that the resolution is higher (and this is a previously unleaded phone).

I may very well be wrong, I am just predicting based on what seems to be the simplest explanation.

It really sounds like some conspiracy to say they changed the icon dimensions: if my observation of smaller icons is true, then the simplest explanation is higher resolution; if, however, the observation is wrong, then there is no reason to expect 1080p.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 08:23 AM
    With that being said, and no bias on what screen should be used, the simplest explanation to the images with more icons and messages is that the resolution is higher (and this is a previously unleaded phone).

I may very well be wrong, I am just predicting based on what seems to be the simplest explanation.
    A much simpler explanation than there being another device is that they have done the exact same type of ui customisation in software that they have already done with the q10/q5 devices so as to not waste the extra space of the larger display.

It is highly likely that we will see an updated version of the a-series next year, but we won't be getting leaks of it yet, even BB are not that bad at leaking stuff.
    08-07-13 08:46 AM
    I am starting to think (and somewhat hope) the AQ series is the launch version of the A-Series.

The release has been delayed so much that it would make sense to jump to the next generation (which should address the criticisms of the concept: screen resolution and processor).

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, this is not the case. The Z30 will be released late with the specs we know and that means that the Z50 won't be released until the middle of next year, at the earliest, 9-12 months after Androids will have started to use that new chipset.
    08-07-13 09:01 AM
40 12