08-07-13 08:01 AM
40 12
tools
    I'm wondering if this will be large qwerty phones (large screen + qwerty) or sliders (large screen, hidden qwerty), or maybe BB fill finally go with a different type of phone on each side?

Your thoughts?
    Qaxl and Plazmic Flame like this.
    07-13-13 03:01 PM
    More slider ka torch aka M-series

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 10.2.0.483 from Sweden. [2ABA2B4C]
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-13-13 03:02 PM
    I'm waiting to see a top of the line slider! I miss my slider even though I love the Z.
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-13-13 03:03 PM
    I suppose A defines the Top End BlackBerrys and the Q defines a Qwerty Keyboard

if that logic holds, then we could be seeing a High End Slider

I have my fingers crossed for a Landscape Slider
    07-18-13 05:54 PM
    I just remembered one of my first threads on CB forums, ... seems like a long time ago now.

Here are some concepts I drew up.

Presenting the BlackBerry AQ SideSlide

What do you think the AQ series will be?-blackberry-sideslide-aq.jpg

A Qwerty iteration of the Flagship Blackerry A10. This SideSliding Beast offers the best BlackBerry Keyboard experience, complete with the iconic frets. Features 2 Trackpad esque "Gesture Pads" that will allow the user to perform simple frequently used gestures for navigating the OS without having to reach for the screen. Also included are 4 convenience keys shaped to remind of the BB logo. The bottom lip under the keyboard is a bit extended to allow for better ergonomics while typing, so the user does not have to bring the thumb all the way down to type on the bottom row of the keyboard.

Also would it be possible to see a cheaper ZQ version ?

What do you think the AQ series will be?-blackberry-sideslide-zq.jpg

This would have a the same keyboard as the AQ version, but have a smaller screen size, therfore having to let go of the gesture pads and the convenience keys. its gotta be cheaper after all. Plus this model is fun and comes in many colors!
    07-18-13 06:13 PM
    Where were the Aq series mentioned in a leak? I can only find a few forum posts about them...

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:50 PM
    No ... BB makes a portrait slider ... anything else is not a BB.
    07-18-13 10:52 PM
    It doesn't look like it's going to be a slider, just the next batch of phones in the A series, using the Snapdragon 800 processor, probably 6 months after everybody else...
    07-18-13 11:04 PM
    I don't think that I would fancy a Side Slider, but a Portrait Slider would be a different story.

I'm just wanting a phablet qwerty.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    PJD642 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    07-19-13 04:30 AM
    It doesn't look like it's going to be a slider, just the next batch of phones in the A series, using the Snapdragon 800 processor, probably 6 months after everybody else...
    At least 6 months late is not the same as being 2 years late.
    07-19-13 04:45 AM
    I don't think that I would fancy a Side Slider, but a Portrait Slider would be a different story.

I'm just wanting a phablet qwerty.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Even though i have a soft spot for landscape qwerty phones, that is not the real reason why i suggested the AQ could be a landscape qwerty and not a portrait qwerty.

Its the screen size, supposing the A series is the 5 inch screen size the Z is the 4.2 inch it would make sense that a portrait qwerty would come with a Z series tag due to the smaller screen. A screen as big as an A series would be difficult to put into a portrait qwerty due to its extra large size.

So I am hoping there are 2 sliders, a Portrait slider and a Landscape slider, both with different screen sizes

that is IF the AQ is a slider .... its all rumors and assumptions at this point.
    07-19-13 07:39 AM
    Maybe the AQ Series will be an upgrade Aristo.Ofutur refered that this phone will have 1.9 Ghz Snapdragon 800 processor (quad core) and this remembered me a previous leak with these specs of the aristo.
    1)1.9 Ghz quad core
    2)4 GB Ram
    3)3000 mAh battery
    4)FullHD display

BlackBerry Set to Beat Apple in Launching Large Screen Smartphone (Phablet), with 4.65-inch Aristo | The Gadget Masters
    Maybe is this the aq?
    07-19-13 11:46 AM
    Maybe the AQ Series will be an upgrade Aristo.Ofutur refered that this phone will have 1.9 Ghz Snapdragon 800 processor (quad core) and this remembered me a previous leak with these specs of the aristo.
    1)1.9 Ghz quad core
    2)4 GB Ram
    3)3000 mAh battery
    4)FullHD display

BlackBerry Set to Beat Apple in Launching Large Screen Smartphone (Phablet), with 4.65-inch Aristo | The Gadget Masters
    Maybe is this the aq?
    Now I'd get a device with specs like this

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:54 PM
    I also think that the AQ series will be a larger qwerty device. High end qwerty device just like the A10 is high end for touchscreen. I don't think it will be a slider but who knows. We shall see.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-19-13 07:47 PM
    I am hoping that it is an updated version of the A-series with 1080p and respectable specs (vs Android). If it was capable to Note 3 but with 5 inch screen and 10.2 with updated runtime it could be a serious contender...

I think the phablet market demands this and is much bigger than the keyboard phablet market (uber specs are mainly for gaming which also values screen real-estate).

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 08:57 PM
    From the leaked codenames, it actually seems more likely that the AQ series was simply a variant of a-series using the quadcore processor and has either been shelved or is only intended for very specific carriers where it has not yet leaked.

People jumping to conclusion that the q stands for qwerty are likely to be disappointed, just look at Cafe and Kopi, those are basically identical other than the all-touch vs qwerty distinction and even they do not keep the same letter codenames and similarly if this was intended to be the nextgen of a-series instead you could be sure that such a project would also be more than just two devices and would merit its own set of codenames too.

I am sure we all expect that we will see an a-series successor and a higher end qwerty by about the end of 1H 2014 (~9 months on from a-series) but it does seem very unlikely that we have learned about them in these latest leaks.
    07-20-13 04:53 AM
    From the leaked codenames, it actually seems more likely that the AQ series was simply a variant of a-series using the quadcore processor and has either been shelved or is only intended for very specific carriers where it has not yet leaked.

People jumping to conclusion that the q stands for qwerty are likely to be disappointed, just look at Cafe and Kopi, those are basically identical other than the all-touch vs qwerty distinction and even they do not keep the same letter codenames and similarly if this was intended to be the nextgen of a-series instead you could be sure that such a project would also be more than just two devices and would merit its own set of codenames too.

I am sure we all expect that we will see an a-series successor and a higher end qwerty by about the end of 1H 2014 (~9 months on from a-series) but it does seem very unlikely that we have learned about them in these latest leaks.
    Agreed, BlackBerry describes AQ as "Generic A-series with 8974", so not a qwerty afaict.
    07-20-13 11:52 AM

I actually think the aq is another variant of the a series because we have been hearing that BB has been testing more than one prototype(3 approx) of the Aristo and even though they originally wanted to have a quadcore processor they are actually having a hard time optomizing it for the os.
    07-20-13 03:02 PM
    After reading some more it seems my guess was incorrect about the AQ series would have been a larger high end qwerty device. Oh well. Still sounds very interesting though. Looking forward to what BlackBerry will release in the next year or two. We have to keep in mind that Thor has said that there will only be 6 devices being sold at any given time. So once they reach 6 devices, the only way for a new one to be launched after that will be to discontinue one of the current ones.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-20-13 09:03 PM
    EDIT: Correction, no devices are EOL. Old boards for L and N series are deprecated...
    Last edited by ofutur; 07-20-13 at 09:46 PM.
    07-20-13 09:34 PM
    im still holding on the to idea that the AQ will be an A10 sized phone, but with a qwerty
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    07-25-13 09:27 PM
    Hmmm... q for quad, or q for qwerty. either way, sounds interesting. Hoping for qwerty, won't be disappointed with quad core

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 11:42 AM
    im still holding on the to idea that the AQ will be an A10 sized phone, but with a qwerty
    Im holding on with you, but its starting to feel like it wont be

Hmmm... q for quad, or q for qwerty. either way, sounds interesting. Hoping for qwerty, won't be disappointed with quad core

Posted via CB10
    Id be pretty happy if it was Q for Qaxl
    07-28-13 03:41 PM
    I would switch in a heartbeat
    07-30-13 07:14 PM
    I suppose A defines the Top End BlackBerrys and the Q defines a Qwerty Keyboard

if that logic holds, then we could be seeing a High End Slider

I have my fingers crossed for a Landscape Slider
    Me too.
    Qaxl likes this.
    08-02-13 10:47 AM
40 12