08-06-15 05:53 AM
692 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Passport will be my 3rd BB10, I am not fan of PKB, but Passport is exceptional, the size just perfect, wider than z30 which is very good to read and reply the email+ KB makes it faster. Battery at last for 2 days usage. Just remain me of Leica, niche camera and lens. Not for public like nikon, canon or sony

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-22-14 08:54 PM
    But there are many folks here who want a Passport but are not in the medical profession.

Posted via CB10
    Define "many". People here also said many people would buy Q10. Didn't happen. Now people here are saying many people will buy the Classic and/or Passport. My theory is that they will be wrong again.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-22-14 10:12 PM
    Please stop your hate towards BlackBerry Passport. Are you trying to turn down few a BB users trying to make up their mind to buy one? Why is that you hate the Passport so much? If you don't like it leave it, its not for you. I personally love the design and form factor. I am not even a hardcore BB user. I have never owned a KB phone before. Passport offers a new form factor which I think is fantastic. Though I am skeptical about 1:1 ratio I won't start crying about something I have never seen or used. I wonder how you are so determined that Passport will be a failure? I suggest you to stop your hate towards Passport and relax. I will listen to your hate speech once Passport is released. Sorry, I am not trying to sound rude But your hate posts made me type this. Cheers, Good day.

The Passport will still flop business people want portability, look at the size of that abomination it's as far from portable as you can get

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and Dmessenger like this.
    06-22-14 10:52 PM
    These days the majority look for touchscreen and high specs, whether we like it or not these days smartphones are a fashion statement and a physical keyboard aren't fashionable and no one will want to be seen using out dated technology

Posted via CB10
    That's why I read numerous stories about the possibilities of iphone coming out with a phone with a physical keyboard next year. I am just stating what I have read. Keyboards will always be in. They may not be for some people, but others love them. That is why we have choices. Because you may not be a lover of them does not mean that someone else won't appreciate them
    Shadowyugi and Jrox74 like this.
    06-22-14 11:04 PM
    What is he playing at with the Passport, He is not a stupid man he is surely a highly intelligent man. But this new device will be the device that finally kills Blackberry. In technology you HAVE to keep moving forward if you stand still and you will be left behind. But if you do what Blackberry are doing and go backwards you go down a route you will not return from. Physical keyboard are a thing of the past there is a reason why the likes of Samsung and Apple don't use them, you won't see them bringing out a physical keyboard phone as there is only a very small amount of people want them hence why Blackberry has fallen so far behind them. It's easy the Z30 is an awesome phone all they need to do is bring out a updated version of it with the specs that can compete.

It's a sad day as I love using my Z30 and it seems as if it's going to be my last Blackberry I own as when it eventually dies of old age I will be forced to by an Android phone it's a real shame really Blackberry had a really good platform to build on with the Z30 but have decided to turn the complete wrong way. Sometimes different isn't always a good thing, Sometimes things like the Passport haven't been done because there isn't a market for them. If this was brought out when Blackberry first went to do touchscreens then it might have worked as it would be a progression towards touchscreen but to do it now is illogical and a daft thing to do.

R.I.P Blackberry :-(

Stuart
    You can buy the Z3.
    06-22-14 11:08 PM
    The Passport will still flop business people want portability, look at the size of that abomination it's as far from portable as you can get

Posted via CB10
    The Passport is approx 9 % smaller than a Note 3 and about 7.5 % larger than the latest Galaxy. It will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-22-14 11:28 PM
    The Blackberry Passport is not squarely aimed at consumers but rather consumate professionals or prosumers. And will be sold as such, for example to physicians or in business sectors. And I have a feeling it will be marketed and priced accordingly. From a standard consumer perspective, this device will certainly seem to be an odd amalgamation of features and phone dimensions, but in the right setting this phone will be a god send! Atleast I hope so
    06-22-14 11:32 PM
    I think everyone needs to just let the man steer the ship. Obviously he is a smart man and has done his homework and is doing a much better job in the short time compared to anyone else that has been CEO of this company. He's been around for a while, and I am sure he is well aware of the risks that he may or may not be taking. I am sure everything he is doing is well thought out, and we just need to let him execute, which so far, he has been doing
    Every CEO that runs a company is surely a smart person, that doesn't mean their ideas won't drive a company into the ground..

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 11:35 PM
    I think the passport is ugly and won't sell well. BUT it's a cool idea and I'm not hating on it because BlackBerry has to try and be different and try to differentiate itself from everyone while continuing to move forwards. I hope it does well, I also hope all the BB7 users upgrade to the classic. Looks like a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 11:38 PM
    OP...I can see you're passionate about touch screens, however you can't ignore the fact that BB devices, particularly with OS7, are still extremely popular. So much so it's been a challenge for BB to have them convert to BB10 full touch devices. Tactile devices provide physical feedback to proximity of the space being used to enter characters. You can't get that from touch screens.

Your opinions are definitely yours. Time will tell, so I suppose you'll have to see how things turn out.
    06-22-14 11:40 PM
    The Passport appears to be a phone that has been in the works a while. I doubt it's hugely removing resources that would otherwise go to something else.

Moreover to have a truly successful breakout device you almost have to be trying something totally different than anyone else.

It's not going to be a cheap device. If BlackBerry wisely manages production it could bring in some cash flow. I can see corporate types going for it as the sort of phablet hardware keyboard device.
    undone likes this.
    06-22-14 11:41 PM
    Those sunglasses are in fashion as they look good. Oakley are better sunglasses which is why I wear them, but they are by no means ugly unlike the Passport. Also people are attracted to devices by the way they look first they have to be good to look at to attract the attention and the Passport just isn't good looking by any stretch of the imagination.
    I'm sorry, those stupid cover your entire face sunglasses don't "look good" they look ridiculous...

Edit: ESPECIALLY when a guy is wearing them. Or should I say "guy" is wearing them? Smh

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-23-14 12:10 AM
    What is he playing at with the Passport, He is not a stupid man he is surely a highly intelligent man. But this new device will be the device that finally kills Blackberry. In technology you HAVE to keep moving forward if you stand still and you will be left behind. But if you do what Blackberry are doing and go backwards you go down a route you will not return from. Physical keyboard are a thing of the past there is a reason why the likes of Samsung and Apple don't use them, you won't see them bringing out a physical keyboard phone as there is only a very small amount of people want them hence why Blackberry has fallen so far behind them. It's easy the Z30 is an awesome phone all they need to do is bring out a updated version of it with the specs that can compete.

It's a sad day as I love using my Z30 and it seems as if it's going to be my last Blackberry I own as when it eventually dies of old age I will be forced to by an Android phone it's a real shame really Blackberry had a really good platform to build on with the Z30 but have decided to turn the complete wrong way. Sometimes different isn't always a good thing, Sometimes things like the Passport haven't been done because there isn't a market for them. If this was brought out when Blackberry first went to do touchscreens then it might have worked as it would be a progression towards touchscreen but to do it now is illogical and a daft thing to do.

Stuart
    You have no idea how many (high profile) people with Bolds and Curves were waiting for the new BB10 keyboard phones. When the Q10 came out the distate for it was evident. No belt = no sales. I can't tell you how many times I turned on BNN or the like and heard one of the hosts say they couldn't wait for the new keyboard Blackberries to come out. The passport may turn out to be a niche device, but the classic will sell. Keyboard + belt + BB10 + apps from Amazon = success. The free advertising alone from TV personalities gushing over their new modern blackberries will be priceless.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    06-23-14 12:24 AM
    This Q30 Passport really sucks. I really hate it now.
    It has such an impressive look with the chromium-plated frame, the key board, the big screen, and so on, that my boss fell in love with it in an instance. The first thing he said was it would be great for all the email stuff, and the second thing he said was he would consider it for the company issued phone. That was when I felt like being thrown into hell. I've been trying to avoid having the company email app installed on my phone and been successful so far. I mean phone calls and text messages is enough, right? How much time are you spending reading emails every day, not to mention answering them? I want to work on the emails only when I got back to my desk. But this Passport may change everything now. And for the very first time, the boss is thinking of issuing phones for staff?! Does this world just turn over or what? My company has a huge system, but with this phone I can go into all the database, get all the info. and pics and presentations and reports I need, and doing it on the move. All this mean I will have to work more, have to read and answer emails when having dinner or playing with my kids... Bloody hell, it looks a not so bright future with this phone.
    I hope that my boss would change his mind. Thanks god I was not the usual quick mouth person I am on that day, because I was about to tell my boss about the Passport and that I would buy one for myself when he opened up first and started talking about this phone. I stopped just in time.

Sorry for this little spam but I just got tired after reading the OP. He keeps going on and on seemingly ignoring the possibility of another hi-end all touch phone, the certain presence of (huge) group of people who need and/or love the KB, or the fact that KB was not what sent Blackberry stumble, and so on. So I think that the discussion should end here
    Jrox74 likes this.
    06-23-14 12:34 AM
    Every CEO that runs a company is surely a smart person, that doesn't mean their ideas won't drive a company into the ground..

Posted via CB10
    What was so smart about last guy we had? Not being sarcastic here, but just want to know. Yes he did bring us the Z10 and the Z30 but I can not think of much more creditability other then that
    06-23-14 12:35 AM
    Travelling is the key word there. which pocket will that thing fit into? it doesn't look very portable to me.
    It will fit nicely into (expensive) suite pockets and doctor white coat pockets
    06-23-14 01:54 AM
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This is the problem with relying on one firm, you have to settle for the products management provides. Not everyone will be happy. On the flipside, can't really blame the OP's stance as it appears the Z10 or Z30's successors may not get launched this year, if at all. JC however made it clear he will concentrate on core users which to me means keyboard so no surprise here. Touchscreen is a very crowded market so Passport right now makes sense.
    06-23-14 02:26 AM
    You're right I've never seen Samsung, Nokia and Sony make a qwerty phones oh wait yes I have
    Had a Samsung Galaxy qwerty phone (yes, they did actually make one) it was a POS. Had an LG qwerty phone (feature phone, not even android) and it was ok, but it was hobbled by not being a smartphone.

BB does make the best keyboard phones. Period. And, when I had the Samsung and was having all kinds of issues with it, asked what I should replace it with, the phone carrier said, go back to a BB7 device (just before BB10 came out) so a few months later I ended up with the all touch z10... the Passport might actually hit it out of the park with me...
    06-23-14 02:45 AM

Stuart
    You realize the QWERTY devices are what is keeping BlackBerry alive, right?

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    06-23-14 03:01 AM
    You realize the QWERTY devices are what is keeping BlackBerry alive, right?

I'm not sure about this but didn't BlackBerry sell more Z10/Z30 than Q10/Q5?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 03:23 AM
    I'm not sure about this but didn't BlackBerry sell more Z10/Z30 than Q10/Q5?

Posted via CB10
    You're looking at the wrong products.

Look at the BBOS sales vs BB10........

Where have you been?

Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-23-14 03:36 AM
    I do agree keep the classic one is enough there is no need for a second physical keyboard. The passport is just trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist anymore, not at any point have I thought when using my Z30 what it needs is a physical keyboard.

Yes Blackberry are known for the physical keyboard but they are a thing of the past and that kind of thinking is what held Blackberry back, there is no room for nostalgia in the technology business, you simply move with the times or you get left behind and eventually disappear.
    You should petition the board to have Chen fired and then apply for his job. Clearly, he has no clue what he is doing and you have a pretty good idea of how to get this thing turned around. Turf the bum, I say!
    06-23-14 03:46 AM
    - There will be 'Touch Screen' device unveiled later on, so hold your horses before jumping the gun.
    menshawy likes this.
    06-23-14 04:01 AM
    Probably BlackBerry have a special marketing plan for the Passport. They probably have done their studying and research and maybe pre-agreements with some enterprise clients about it.

But I do agree that the world is moving forward. When business users turned their back to BlackBerries with hardware keyboard they moved to Android and iOS with touchscreens (!!?)

I do really hope for a all-touch monster each year from BlackBerry to gain the consumer market, because IMO it counts more than the enterprise market
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    06-23-14 04:10 AM
    Probably BlackBerry have a special marketing plan for the Passport. They probably have done their studying and research and maybe pre-agreements with some enterprise clients about it.

But I do agree that the world is moving forward. When business users turned their back to BlackBerries with hardware keyboard they moved to Android and iOS with touchscreens (!!?)

I do really hope for a all-touch monster each year from BlackBerry to gain the consumer market, because IMO it counts more than the enterprise market
    Because they have all of these great keyboard phones as options out there... Try to spin in every way you can think of. I'm not giving up my accurate typing, universal search, one-button homescreen speed dialing, keyboard shortcuts, or any of those things just so I can feel good about myself "moving forward" and jumping on the "newer has to be better" bandwagon. But hey, screw me right? I'm in the minority so forget what I think and anyone who agrees with me...
    06-23-14 04:51 AM
692 ... 34567 ...