08-06-15 05:53 AM
692 ... 262728
tools
    John Chen is going to come out with 16x9 slab of glass devices. Not sure if this will be revealed at the World Mobile Congress 2015 or not.

In the meantime, they need to somehow stand out and get there name back in the media. The Passport and now Classic has done that.

In the end, the company is offering people CHOICE. Problem solved.

Posted by Q5
    01-24-15 09:05 AM
    The Passport was under development during Thorsten Heins's time. My friend that worked for BlackBerry told me all about it before Chen showed up.
    The main difference John Chen made was accelerate the Passport's release process. I believe he also changed the keyboard layout from a 4 row to a 3 row.
    Was this the right decision? I believe so.

Posted by Q5
    01-28-15 11:16 AM
    The main difference John Chen made was accelerate the Passport's release process. I believe he also changed the keyboard layout from a 4 row to a 3 row.
    Was this the right decision? I believe so.

Posted by Q5
    I heard that the keyboard was always 3 rows. That's why they took so long because Mike wasn't sure how polarising it would be (yes, the concept for the Passport was around that long)

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    01-31-15 08:32 AM
    I heard that the keyboard was always 3 rows. That's why they took so long because Mike wasn't sure how polarising it would be (yes, the concept for the Passport was around that long)

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    My bad. You are correct.
    http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...?itok=B_blmlWe

Was thinking about something else.

Posted by Q5
    02-07-15 10:54 PM
    So did the Passport save Blackberry?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-03-15 05:55 AM
    So did the Passport save Blackberry?

No but the Silver Edition will!

Posted via Z30
    08-03-15 06:52 AM
    No but the Silver Edition will!

Posted via Z30
    This is painful to watch, people continue keep their hopes up only to be let down again and again.

The Blackberry loyal fans don't deserve this they really don't but I doubt Chen even cares.

dalinxz likes this.
    08-03-15 10:58 AM
    This is painful to watch, people continue keep their hopes up only to be let down again and again.

The Blackberry loyal fans don't deserve this they really don't but I doubt Chen even cares.

Wow. You set up the bait and someone took it. That was a sad tactic to complain.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:24 AM
    It was sarcasm.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:37 AM
    Yes very much sarcastic. It is sad that BlackBerry innovation and new devices are minor case changes and color changes. Everyone who wanted a Passport has likely bought the Passport, and I doubt most will be buying a new one that is just in a different case (although their are some Crackheads here that will buy one even though they have a one already). BlackBerry is living off th low hanging fruit that is the base and they keep buying the same phone over and over again.

Posted via Z30
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and dalinxz like this.
    08-04-15 11:28 AM

He cares... he just doesn't get emotional about it and I don't think it was ever his "plan" to save the hardware business.
    08-04-15 12:00 PM
    He cares... he just doesn't get emotional about it and I don't think it was ever his "plan" to save the hardware business.
    Doesn't want to save the hardware business, high possibility to have android on a blackberry device. What is he trying to save if he's giving up on both software and hardware.

dalinxz likes this.
    08-04-15 01:49 PM
    Doesn't want to save the hardware business, high possibility to have android on a blackberry device. What is he trying to save if he's giving up on both software and hardware.

He isn't giving up on Software (just BB10), and Services are what he is really interested in.,,, in other words turning BlackBerry into Sybase.
    08-05-15 08:08 AM

Well, if the Android device appears, that can be considered an attempt to save hardware. If it gets any traction in the market, we can expect to see a few more BlackBerry-"hardened" Android phones. If not...where can he really go with hardware?
    08-05-15 09:23 AM
    Hopefully android is on a future device, since making the switch I have grown to like android but the one thing I do miss is the Blackberry build quality. I'm not saying my Sony Xperia z3 is poorly made its just the Blackberry Z30 I had felt more sturdy.

MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-05-15 04:28 PM
    Hopefully android is on a future device, since making the switch I have grown to like android but the one thing I do miss is the Blackberry build quality. I'm not saying my Sony Xperia z3 is poorly made its just the Blackberry Z30 I had felt more sturdy.

I have an xperia z3 compact and bought a case called devil case which is metal, makes the phone feel a little better

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    08-05-15 10:32 PM
    The case I use is a cruiserlite, feels ok but for me it's doesn't have the premium look and feel that a Blackberry has.

08-06-15 05:53 AM
692 ... 262728