08-06-15 05:53 AM
692 ... 25262728
tools
    When they sell an amount their competitors wouldn't be embarrassed about

Posted via CB10
    Which will never happen.

Respect Stuart!
    I totally agree with you, and love the nerve you have, to brush of the fanboyism as what it truly is:
    Wishful thinking!

Kudos to your "bold" (for these forums, everybody else basically knew that you'll be correct) predictions and your will to not give in to the uninformed fanboys.

Please continue to do so, and fight the fight most informed CrackBerrians are tired of fighting by now.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:29 AM
    They already made a profit on hardware for the first time in a long time... i dont know wtf you are talking about but it's nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt that.
    The Z3 is sure to not have incurred any losses and the Z30 was so damn overpriced for the components used that I see no way at all, how they'd lost money on that one.

He just seems a little bit desperate to me.

Posted via CB10
    He says the truth, but the vox populi can't accept it.
    I'd get "desperate" because of that as well, if I'd still take fanboys/girls seriously.

What's even more desperate though, is the attempt of said fanboys, to sell us the Passport as a huge success because it "sold out" or because they aren't sitting on boatloads of unsold inventory (which comes naturally with smaller production runs).

The short term success of the Passport is okayish, like every BlackBerry because of the pent-up fanboy demand (mostly. Some regulated industries also have a pent-up demand for their 9900 replacements).
    The long term success is the real question here.

Stuart445...

It's really hurting you, isn't it? That your prediction of how bad the passport will be is woefully wrong? Sorry, mate...

This is really the part where you deal with it, take your words back and move on with your day to day activities. You lost this battle.
    Sadly for you, he is still absolutely correct.
    Nothing has changed for BlackBerry's phone business, because they sold some 300k PP by now.
    The market will have a size of about 1.4 billion smartphones this year. What's the PP share of that?

Yeah, thought so.

They aren't competing with iPhone and android. They are trying to increase sales in the enterprise not build more consumer toys like iPhone and android. Brain up man.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Maybe you should brain up as well?

A) Both iOS and Android dominate the enterprise landscape nowadays, with iOS dominating it incredibly.

B) Both iOS and Android have far more business apps in their app stores and far more custom business apps than the BlackBerry.

C) Both Android and iOS are better enterprise tools for an incredibly large amount of enterprises compared to a BlackBerry.

D) Both iOS and Android are THE choices for BYOD. Basically no one wants to BYO BlackBerry.

E) Both iOS and Android only produce all touch devices. When you combine A) to D), what's the conclusion for E)?
    Yep, you guessed it:
    The enterprise sector prefers touchscreens in huuuuuge numbers and neither iOS nor Android is a toy.

Ready to admit you were way off base?.didn't think so only the three blind mice don't see you totally missed your prediction.brain up. Now admitting you were wrong will be the hard part. Although i doubt you will do that either. It takes no skill to put out some outlandish prediction but a real man admits when they are wrong. Fess up pal you were wrong.

Again, brain up yourself.

His prediction hasn't been wrong, sorry.
    And we have NO IDEA at all about the long-term success of the device.

BlackBerry wants to sell 10M devices a year, and you can bet the Passport and Classic, just being Qwerty devices, won't contribute a lot to that number.
    And while BlackBerry wants to sell 10M phones a year, LG, Sony, and HTC all sell more than 10M phones a quarter.

It takes no skill to be a fanboy.
    But a real man wants to leave the stage of ignorance one day.
    Man up pal.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-04-14 at 06:37 AM.
    BB_Junky and christausky like this.
    11-04-14 04:33 AM
    Last edited by Rami Bachar; 11-04-14 at 03:58 PM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-04-14 12:31 PM
    Lmao I bet you feel really stupid after this comment haha. The Passport was more well received than all other BlackBerry10 handsets. The Gods truly hate you haha

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:21 PM
    Lmao I bet you feel really stupid after this comment haha. The Passport was more well received than all other BlackBerry10 handsets. The Gods truly hate you haha

Posted via CB10
    Was this comment for me?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 03:36 PM
    I doubt that.
    The Z3 is sure to not have incurred any losses and the Z30 was so damn overpriced for the components used that I see no way at all, how they'd lost money on that one.

He says the truth, but the vox populi can't accept it.
    I'd get "desperate" because of that as well, if I'd still take fanboys/girls seriously.

What's even more desperate though, is the attempt of said fanboys, to sell us the Passport as a huge success because it "sold out" or because they aren't sitting on boatloads of unsold inventory (which comes naturally with smaller production runs).

The short term success of the Passport is okayish, like every BlackBerry because of the pent-up fanboy demand (mostly. Some regulated industries also have a pent-up demand for their 9900 replacements).

Nothing has changed for BlackBerry's phone business, because they sold some 300k PP by now.
    The market will have a size of about 1.4 billion smartphones this year. What's the PP share of that?

Yeah, thought so.

Maybe you should brain up as well?

A) Both iOS and Android dominate the enterprise landscape nowadays, with iOS dominating it incredibly.

B) Both iOS and Android have far more business apps in their app stores and far more custom business apps than the BlackBerry.

C) Both Android and iOS are better enterprise tools for an incredibly large amount of enterprises compared to a BlackBerry.

D) Both iOS and Android are THE choices for BYOD. Basically no one wants to BYO BlackBerry.

E) Both iOS and Android only produce all touch devices. When you combine A) to D), what's the conclusion for E)?
    Yep, you guessed it:
    The enterprise sector prefers touchscreens in huuuuuge numbers and neither iOS nor Android is a toy.

Again, brain up yourself.

His prediction hasn't been wrong, sorry.
    And we have NO IDEA at all about the long-term success of the device.

BlackBerry wants to sell 10M devices a year, and you can bet the Passport and Classic, just being Qwerty devices, won't contribute a lot to that number.
    And while BlackBerry wants to sell 10M phones a year, LG, Sony, and HTC all sell more than 10M phones a quarter.

It takes no skill to be a fanboy.
    But a real man wants to leave the stage of ignorance one day.
    Man up pal.

Posted via CB10
    With all due respect, it won't be the immediate effect of PP sales on BBRY's balance sheet that will make a difference, but the follow-on effects that we're already seeing as the device hits the streets. It's turning heads everywhere, whether the other camps like it or not.

The Passport will first fix BlackBerry's image problem regarding the "outdated devices" drama, etc... see today's blog post:

http://crackberry.com/john-chen-figh...her-blackberry

Once the image has been restored to a certain extend, Chen and BBRY can expand and venture into other areas, even launch an all-touch device again...

Enterprise / app situation :
    Enterprises are on iOS and Android for lack of better options, IMHO, again that's imho. If BlackBerry had a similarly extensive app catalogue, enterprises wouldn't have switched. Problem was, BB10 arrived too late, and they are playing catch-up, piggyback on Android capability, etc. now...

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-08-14 12:52 AM

How many Total BB have sold this year. Not just the PP. You have to take into account all BB devices to see the percent that BB has of the market. How many iphone 6 have sold this year? What is the total market % of iphone 6 in the 1.4 billion mobile phone market? Apple is hoping to sell up to 80 million iphone 6 & 6+. That is 5% of the global market. Tell me again what percentage of global sales is needed for a company to be important. I would bet that most of those are just previous owners of an iphone 5 who had their contract up and opted to just get the newest phone from apple, not converts from another platform. Apple market share has been slightly decreasing over the last few years to around 15% globally, while android has been slightly increasing to around 80% globally. WP and BB and all others are around 5% global market share with not much change. So if anything chen would really need to rock the boat to get any major problems. Seems making a phone with a loved BB keyboard is the smartest move he could make.
    11-09-14 07:36 PM
    Have you been to an accountants meeting lately? What about teams of lawyers? Or perhaps a government g7 meeting?.if you think they are usiing android or iOS devices you would be way off base. Yes in some corporate boardrooms the android devices do dominate but in the ones that really matter like banks, wall street or department t of defense you won't find an android device anywhere. In the consumer world yes android dominates no doubt about that but its not just one company its hundreds. How many of those are actually making money at it? Very few. The passport didn't and won't kill blackberry. Besides they are handling all handsets with bes 12 so regardless of the handset business they win out. We can wait and see the results coming in a few days that resolves the argument once and for all.

11-10-14 08:28 PM
    600000 passports have been sold so far. So to say the passport killed blackberry is just ridiculous. The handset business will hold its own that's all they need it to do. Bes12 is where the money comes from and now they just announced a deal with Samsung to have their security on Samsung phones as well as Knox. They don't compete with apple or android in the consumer market. To suggest that is ridiculous. Handsets are a low margin business anyway. Software is a high margin business and that's where their focus is. So the passport is no blackberry killer. Time to move on from this ridiculous forum.

11-13-14 01:00 PM
    600000 passports have been sold so far. So to say the passport killed blackberry is just ridiculous. The handset business will hold its own that's all they need it to do. Bes12 is where the money comes from and now they just announced a deal with Samsung to have their security on Samsung phones as well as Knox. They don't compete with apple or android in the consumer market. To suggest that is ridiculous. Handsets are a low margin business anyway. Software is a high margin business and that's where their focus is. So the passport is no blackberry killer. Time to move on from this ridiculous forum.

For all the people who writes against BlackBerry ceo and the passport, honestly the subject should be change "the people who don't understand what Chen is thinking " the passport is a success for what it was meant to be

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:58 PM
    Noooo...not the dreaded keyboards are dead thing again.!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 08:20 PM
    No kidding. We're seeing the same guys making the same arguments in 5 different threads because BlackBerry isn't/hasn't made them the exact phone they want yet. In fact there's a new "need all touch gimme gimme now" just started the other day.

Posted via CB10
    Rami Bachar likes this.
    11-18-14 02:16 PM
    Just try the passport, everyone has this perception about it, loads of people I know slam it, but I've never owned a more productive mobile device. Lol, don't be a part of the crowd.

Posted via CB10
    nokia4life likes this.
    11-18-14 07:03 PM
    You know passport not my idea right? Classic is my baby... Passport leftover design from previous management.... you no like then blame fired guy.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:22 PM
    To the OP, you are wrong. The Passport has done better so far than the Z30 did. Physical keyboards can never be a thing of the past as long as people still want them and the Passport professional that there are definitely people that still want them

Posted via CB10
    Rami Bachar likes this.
    11-23-14 04:13 PM
    This is comment 666. That is all.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:50 AM
    To the OP, you are wrong. The Passport has done better so far than the Z30 did.

Posted via CB10
    Please provide proof of this?

BlackBerry hates America!
    Rami Bachar likes this.
    12-07-14 04:47 PM
    Please provide proof of this?

BlackBerry hates America!
    The Passport sold out within hours. That's public knowledge. It shot to number 1 on amazon's best selling devices list. Demand was so good it received a special edition red version. It has had lots of news coverage. The Z30 is a great device but was never that successful by any stretch of the imagination

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    12-08-14 11:35 AM
    Wow, I could have sworn this was "Crackberry.com" a website for people who love and support BlackBerry "no matter what"...this sounds more like dieblackberry.com...Hmmm...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:14 AM
    Wow, I could have sworn this was "Crackberry.com" a website for people who love and support BlackBerry "no matter what"...
    This is not crackberryfanboys.com
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-14-14 12:04 PM
    No this is a sight full of people who will bash BlackBerry no matter what, some of them seemingly as a full time job.

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-14-14 02:03 PM
    This is not crackberryfanboys.com
    Err... CrackBerry... BlackBerry = crack = addictive. I would think that you could figure out that it is a BlackBerry fansite. Or at least it used to be...

This place has changed.
    12-25-14 08:48 PM
    I must say though, I was skeptical about returning to a keyboard device but the Passport has been phenomenal. I can't picture going back to a Z30 type device. I'd use one for my secondary device (which I currently do) but for productivity, the Passport is a beast. And the thing is, most people are worried about losing screen real estate with a keyboard device but I have to say that the Passport screen is better than the Z30 by leaps and bounds. Not only is it brighter and sharper but it feels like more real estate. I actually feel choked up when using the Z30 screen now. So the only thing that made my skeptical about keyboards has been addressed. You can now have a keyboard and a beautiful big screen.

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    12-27-14 11:04 PM
    Chen is thinking tablet... hahaha! :-)

From 68mins onwards...

  A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...  
    01-11-15 04:12 PM
    The Passport was under development during Thorsten Heins's time. My friend that worked for BlackBerry told me all about it before Chen showed up.
    01-15-15 08:16 PM
692 ... 25262728