08-06-15 04:53 AM
692 ... 2425262728
tools
    At the end of the day I'll probably end up getting the phone, but I'm looking at the bigger picture. BlackBerry need to attract more users than they already have. So they need more than the fan boys but they won't with this device only the diehard BlackBerry fans will buy it.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:08 AM
    It's a hit is it? 200,000 is a pathetic amount to sell at launch. It's only a hit with the fan boys.

Posted via CB10

You know the samsung s5 sold 250,000 at launch right?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:38 PM
    You know the samsung s5 sold 250,000 at launch right?

Posted via CB10
    So more then.

How many in the first year then I think it's a safe bet that 50,000 was the closet the passport will ever get to the S5

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:52 PM
    So more then.

How many in the first year then I think it's a safe bet that 50,000 was the closet the passport will ever get to the S5

Posted via CB10
    A pathetic number for Samsung considering how much they spend on marketing...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:07 PM
    A pathetic number for Samsung considering how much they spend on marketing...

Posted via CB10
    yeah but I bet the accelerated away from that, I doubt the passport will do anything like that
    10-13-14 06:52 PM
    So more then.

Posted via CB10
    You have to remember that the 200,000 sold was only from Blackberry and Amazon. It didn't include any other retailers. Telus, other carriers, and other stores that sold the phone. Telus sold out the Passport in a matter of hours.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    10-13-14 10:28 PM
    You have to remember that the 200,000 sold was only from Blackberry and Amazon. It didn't include any other retailers. Telus, other carriers, and other stores that sold the phone. Telus sold out the Passport in a matter of hours.
    Again getting sucked in by the words Sold Out, It's a good tactic because some out there will see the Sold Out sign and think wow it must be cool I have to get one. When in truth they only sold out due to having a small amount in stock.
    10-14-14 05:56 AM
    Again getting sucked in by the words Sold Out, It's a good tactic because some out there will see the Sold Out sign and think wow it must be cool I have to get one. When in truth they only sold out due to having a small amount in stock.
    I'm not saying that. I'm saying, what would the actual sale numbers be if 200,000 was reported sold from only 2 retailers, and every single other retailer had it sold out worldwide? I'm sure even if the stock was low, world wide would beat least 50,000+. So I'm extremely confident that the Passport sold the amount the Samsung S5 did.
    10-14-14 05:48 PM
    I'm not saying that. I'm saying, what would the actual sale numbers be if 200,000 was reported sold from only 2 retailers, and every single other retailer had it sold out worldwide? I'm sure even if the stock was low, world wide would beat least 50,000+. So I'm extremely confident that the Passport sold the amount the Samsung S5 did.
    I'm not seeing as Blackberry's biggest market share the UK and the biggest network doesn't stock it. The S5 had all the smaller one and the biggest as well so it's doubtful.

Hardly anyone use BlackBerry these days so the shops they are sold in would have only stocked them at very small amounts.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:10 PM
    I'm not seeing as Blackberry's biggest market share the UK and the biggest network doesn't stock it. The S5 had all the smaller one and the biggest as well so it's doubtful.

Hardly anyone use BlackBerry these days so the shops they are sold in would have only stocked them at very small amounts.

Posted via CB10
    All I know is that I've convinced a whole bunch of people (20+) to use their upgrades on a Passport, and they've convinced others too.
    10-14-14 09:32 PM
    BlackBerry and John Chen were simply playing it safe with the first batch. Sure they covered a lot of development and initial production cost with that.

From now, it's up, up, up... the white model isn't even out :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-15-14 05:02 PM
    BlackBerry and John Chen were simply playing it safe with the first batch. Sure they covered a lot of development and initial production cost with that.

From now, it's up, up, up... the white model isn't even out :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    No chance. This will not be Blackberry's saviour device nor will the classic. Those two devices will be brought by people that will buy anything BlackBerry make. No one will switch from android for those.

John Chens mentality worries me the whole it's ok we aren't an iPhone / android killer just is totally the wrong attitude to have and it's one that will end mean BlackBerry will fail.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-15-14 05:12 PM
    No chance. This will not be Blackberry's saviour device nor will the classic. Those two devices will be brought by people that will buy anything BlackBerry make. No one will switch from android for those.

John Chens mentality worries me the whole it's ok we aren't an iPhone / android killer just is totally the wrong attitude to have and it's one that will end mean BlackBerry will fail.

Posted via CB10
    They already made a profit on hardware for the first time in a long time... i dont know wtf you are talking about but it's nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:21 PM
    He just seems a little bit desperate to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:35 PM
    They already made a profit on hardware for the first time in a long time... i dont know wtf you are talking about but it's nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    Name a company or any the anything for that matter that is successful with an attitude like that. Success comes from an absolute hatred of coming second

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    10-16-14 04:26 AM
    Stuart445...

It's really hurting you, isn't it? That your prediction of how bad the passport will be is woefully wrong? Sorry, mate...

This is really the part where you deal with it, take your words back and move on with your day to day activities. You lost this battle.
    10-17-14 09:13 AM
    Name a company or any the anything for that matter that is successful with an attitude like that. Success comes from an absolute hatred of coming second

Posted via CB10
    This holds some truth, but you have to recognize that devices is not the end game for BlackBerry. They simply need to provide devices that will satisfy the needs of enterprise and keep the name afloat, if this division pays for itself - perfect. Chen is more about solidifying and securing the future for BES and developing IoT, both of which are higher growth markets, and one of them they are already in first place.

BB for Life
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-17-14 10:04 AM
    He is thinking full keybord mobile without screen

posted via Q10
    10-18-14 07:45 AM
    So when does stuart445 get out the blackberry jam and eat a passport. That's what he said he would do if it was a success but like usual he will come up with some lame excuse to back out of it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-19-14 02:57 PM
    Chen is thinking phone full keybord without screen

posted via Q10
    10-20-14 02:20 AM
    You guys seem to forget 1 thing. One of the first thing Chen said at the Passport event was : "The Passport and Classic ARE NOT MY phones (products/devices) ! They were here before I came. I just don't kill them." We'll see his first product next year. Keep the faith until there. Awesome devices are coming as Eagan said. And maybe sonner than expected.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-20-14 05:13 AM
    Stuart is a long way off. I can't think of too many companies that can come from the bottom, and in 1 fell swoop shut down the incumbent. Seriously, do you think I, as smart as I am, could design a car and put Toyota out of business, or a computer and bump off Dell?
    As a good friend of mine said (and did) better to open a burger joint across from McDonald's and get that couple of percent who don't want to wait in line.. yeah, he's doing OK.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    ponpiri likes this.
    10-21-14 10:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    They aren't competing with iPhone and android. They are trying to increase sales in the enterprise not build more consumer toys like iPhone and android. Brain up man.

Rami Bachar and CDM76 like this.
    10-22-14 11:20 PM
    Last edited by Rami Bachar; 11-02-14 at 12:15 PM.
    11-02-14 12:01 PM
    Ready to admit you were way off base?.didn't think so only the three blind mice don't see you totally missed your prediction.brain up. Now admitting you were wrong will be the hard part. Although i doubt you will do that either. It takes no skill to put out some outlandish prediction but a real man admits when they are wrong. Fess up pal you were wrong.

11-03-14 05:54 AM
692 ... 2425262728