08-06-15 04:53 AM
692 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    I'm in Real Estate and was stoked when I saw the passport. I had a 9930 but I wanted more screen space as all of the contracts I receive are through email and the 9930 screen was tiny,so I bought a z10.
    i do miss the pkb.
    The passport seems to be the right device for reading contracts on the road. Even though I'm on verizon, I think I'll hit the AT&T store when they start selling it,just to get a feel of screen size. One final note, whenever I'm around business people and they see I have an all touch BlackBerry and they had a BlackBerry but went to the dark side, the conversation usually ends up with me saying I really miss the keyboard it was awesome and they nod in agreement.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-27-14 06:47 AM
    Hmmm 200000 sold and there is more coming for people on the waiting list....oh yah sold out on amazon and number one beat selling phone....hmm what do you have to say now my friend......trust me this phone is going to sell like crazy man once they keep up with demand.....your predictions were wrong big big big time...how do you feel??

Posted via CB10
    200,000 wow! That's almost a fraction of what apple and samsung sell

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:30 PM
    Where is Stuart445 and the other guys who said that the Passport would be a flop?, thanks God that JC is running the company and not one of this forumers who think they know something.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I'm still here, 200,000 Is nothing compared to Blackberry's competitors

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-27-14 01:33 PM
    I'm still here, 200,000 Is nothing compared to Blackberry's competitors

Posted via CB10
    200,000 in a day is pretty darn good and that was at the full unsubsidized price as well.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-27-14 07:42 PM
    200,000 in a day is pretty darn good and that was at the full unsubsidized price as well.

Posted via CB10
    If any of Blackberry's competitors sold that many of their high end phones on its release day they'd class it as a disaster.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-28-14 02:43 AM
    If any of Blackberry's competitors sold that many of their high end phones on its release day they'd class it as a disaster.

Posted via CB10
    That's like comparing the local mom and pop gas station to one of the international giants.

BlackBerry isn't trying to sell 10 million phones a day. They are trying to sell 10 million a year. As they are a MUCH smaller company than apple/samsung they need smaller sales to make profit.

Your short quick comments don't hold ground. Try educating yourself about what is being discussed before commenting.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:22 AM
    That's like comparing the local mom and pop gas station to one of the international giants.

BlackBerry isn't trying to sell 10 million phones a day. They are trying to sell 10 million a year. As they are a MUCH smaller company than apple/samsung they need smaller sales to make profit.

Your short quick comments don't hold ground. Try educating yourself about what is being discussed before commenting.

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha. The first day on sale is always the peak of every new item on sale. Samsung would be embarrassed by those sale figures of its lowest end device. Like it or not BlackBerry are in the phone business so their competitors are samsung, apple, HTC, Nokia etc. You can only really judge success of anything by comparing it to its competitors.

Oh and didn't the Z10 sell more on its launch day? Shall we compare it to that then, or can't we compare BlackBerry to BlackBerry either.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by stuart445; 09-28-14 at 03:58 AM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-28-14 03:43 AM
    Oh the arrogant and misinformed.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:54 AM
    Samsung sold 1 million S5's in one week. That's less than 200,000 a day. The 200,000 Passports sold were only the ones sold on shopblackberry and Amazon. That doesn't could the other retailers like Carphone Warehouse, and carriers like Telus.
    09-28-14 05:05 AM
    Samsung sold 1 million S5's in one week. That's less than 200,000 a day. The 200,000 Passports sold were only the ones sold on shopblackberry and Amazon. That doesn't could the other retailers like Carphone Warehouse, and carriers like Telus.
    You mean the carphone warehouse that have tweeted me on Friday that they can't confirm when they'll have it on sale?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:09 AM
    Oh the arrogant and misinformed.

Posted via CB10
    So how many Z10 were sold on its launch day then if you are so informed???

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:10 AM
    You mean the carphone warehouse that have tweeted me on Friday that they can't confirm when they'll have it on sale?

Posted via CB10
    I know people who have gotten their phone from Carphone Warehouse. They sold out by the end of Thursday.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:48 PM
    Hmmm 200000 sold and there is more coming for people on the waiting list....oh yah sold out on amazon and number one beat selling phone....hmm what do you have to say now my friend......trust me this phone is going to sell like crazy man once they keep up with demand.....your predictions were wrong big big big time...how do you feel??

Posted via CB10
    Lol no. Not going to sell like crazy, if they sell a million in a year I'll be shocked.

Q10 Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-28-14 10:31 PM
    You got to like BlackBerry's sales pitch. We're not going to market this this phone to the average moron we only think a small number of people who need it's superior functionality in order to be successful will buy this device.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:07 AM
    Newer hardware better screen resolution 5 or 5.5 inch display a device that worth replacing my z10,surly not this ugly passport, which I cannot use anyway because I need a complex language support. Never had a physical keyboard and don't want one.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android until Z50
    Take a look at the Z30 then.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:54 AM
    Was just curious on this thread and thought I'd bring it back to life 2 weeks later...

What's the sentiment now? Has the Passport stirred up buzz around BlackBerry's name since it's launch? I see quite a few pessimistic posts on the outlook of sales numbers and all that, just curious if any one has had a change of heart? Or has anyone that had a negative impression had a chance to spend some hands on time with the device?

Dunno, after watching the last 2 weeks of events, I think Chen absolutely made the right call to allow the device to come to market. It's not for everyone, but it has gotten people talking about BB again!
    10-12-14 04:06 AM
    Travelling is the key word there. which pocket will that thing fit into? it doesn't look very portable to me.
    The BlackBerry Passport is meant as a professional's weapon for their work as self-defence. It doubles as an assault device when dealing with security theatre at airports. I have used hardcover college textbooks as weapons to subdue an attacker; never under estimate the value of that expensive 1000-page hardcover algorithms analysis textbook. ;-)
    10-12-14 05:05 AM
    I'm now with the z30 after long time with the z10,very happy with it, very nice quality, I love this phone :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:22 PM
    So when do you finally admit you were wrong?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-14 02:35 AM
    So when do you finally admit you were wrong?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    When they sell an amount their competitors wouldn't be embarrassed about

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-13-14 04:36 AM
    When they sell an amount their competitors wouldn't be embarrassed about

Posted via CB10
    What is wrong with you? The phone has been consistantly sold out since its release. Telus said there's been a million sold.
    10-13-14 04:39 AM
    What is wrong with you? The phone has been consistantly sold out since its release. Telus said there's been a million sold.
    1 million sold? How is that possible when BlackBerry released around 200,000. Consistently sold out only because they released a pathetically low amount of devices.

Don't be fooled by the words sold out that doesn't mean they have sold loads. If they have 10 in stock and sold them all they are sold out. If they have 1 million in stock and sold them all they are sold out.

It's a good tactic (which you have fallen for btw) release a really small amount which is a guarantee to sell out then they can have people see it's sold out everywhere then it'll look like a success. But in truth if you look closer every other company they are competing with would be ashamed by the amount being sold.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-13-14 05:20 AM
    Surprise, surprise the Passport is a hit. OP missed the boat on this one.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:05 AM
    The OP missed the boat! The Passport is not only innovative (capacitive keypad, virtual keyboard and square wide screen with flick word selection), but it has also garnered awesome user feedback! Just check out Amazon's reviews where the Passport has received a rating of 4.8/5!

My advise to the OP is that this phone was designed to provide the big picture to the user, if it is not for you don't buy it! I have had this device for 4 days and it is simply Awesome! I can easily and quickly view document, edit files and spreadsheets without sacrificing screen realestate - no other device does this!

The iPhone hasn't seen real innovation since the invention of the iPod! If you want a phone that is like an iPhone or a Samsung go and buy one. No one here is going to stop you.

When I first saw the Passport I thought it was an ugly duckling! It turned out to be a beautiful swan. We have all heard the saying don't judge a book by its cover, well I suggest people don't judge the Passport with out spending some time with it. It is a truly amazing device and if you consume as well as create media on the go, this device is for you!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:36 AM
    Surprise, surprise the Passport is a hit. OP missed the boat on this one.

Posted via CB10
    It's a hit is it? 200,000 is a pathetic amount to sell at launch. It's only a hit with the fan boys.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-13-14 11:00 AM
692 ... 2324252627 ...