08-06-15 05:53 AM
692 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    I suspect you chastised the wrong poster.
    I just fixed it...thx!

CB10/Z10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 12:29 AM
    THIS ! A smart person with one We can talk. Smart answer.
    I guess you both must be professionals.
    09-23-14 02:25 AM
    Maybe... but only maybe.. it's just not your thing BUT there are plenty out there really looking forward to the Passport.
    And yes I'll probably get one at day one...

How would you "move forward"? An Z30 Plus? What would you like to see?
    Just curious - cause people keep complaining about slack of innovation and progress, what would you like to see?
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 03:02 AM
    Karben

Newsflash!!! This site is called CB....crack as in addicted and berry as in BlackBerry.

Dude you're at a Harley convention trying to sell a Honda

CB10/Z10
    I admit, that's my fault. I was thinking that BB commun ktu is smarter than Apple and Android fanboys. But you're the same. I apologies. Bye.
    09-23-14 03:46 AM
    I admit, that's my fault. I was thinking that BB community is smarter than Apple and Android fanboys. But you're the same. I apologies. Bye.
    09-23-14 03:47 AM
    And, before leave, to those who said I'm an Apple fanboy. Were you there ? What is Chen thinking??-imageuploadedbycb-forums1411459677.157546.jpg I had a BB10 before you. I know what I'm talking. I bought devices. I'm not someone who just talk in forum. And says "I will buy it when it's released" and never do. Unlike those who just talking and do nothing to help the brand. Bye.
    09-23-14 04:10 AM
    By not trying to compete with the competition is confining BlackBerry to certain death, you won't steal any new customers off anyone with the Passport that's for certain. BlackBerry can't survive with the current customer base it's not the hardcore fans, as they'll buy anything BlackBerry bring out, people saying on here they will buy the Passport proves that. They need to convert people from other platforms but as you said they aren't trying to compete with them.

Posted via CB10
    Man, what in the hell are you talking about? You clearly have no idea what BlackBerry needs to do in order to avoid "certain death". John Chen already said that BlackBerry needs to sell 10mn devices per year to make a profit from hardware. You know, the CEO, who has access to all of the companies operations and financials as well as the business acumen to be able to make that sort of call. From who, where or what exactly are you getting your information to be making your arbitrary claims?

Posted via CB10
    Karben and CDM76 like this.
    09-23-14 04:53 AM
    Okananan I think you'll find I will be proven right sadly, the Z30 is an awesome phone one BlackBerry need to build on but they've gone the other way. That abomination will not be the saviour of Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    I am pretty sure that a Z30 successor is in the works. Introducing the Passport and Classic does not mean that BlackBerry is turning their back on touchscreen devices and it's not like that these are the last devices BlackBerry is launching. Let's see what happens and with the $599 price tag I believe that BlackBerry is going in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 05:03 AM
    Maybe... but only maybe.. it's just not your thing BUT there are plenty out there really looking forward to the Passport.
    And yes I'll probably get one at day one...

How would you "move forward"? An Z30 Plus? What would you like to see?
    Just curious - cause people keep complaining about slack of innovation and progress, what would you like to see?
    A Z30 with updated specs that are competitive with the rest of the market would be an awesome phone. If the did that then it would be an Android killer, the Z30 is an awesome phone it just needs BlackBerry to build on it. Sadly BlackBerry aren't doing that so it'll just mean that if they do try to build a modern phone then they'll have even further to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    Karben and Rami Bachar like this.
    09-23-14 05:56 AM
    Man, what in the hell are you talking about? You clearly have no idea what BlackBerry needs to do in order to avoid "certain death". John Chen already said that BlackBerry needs to sell 10mn devices per year to make a profit from hardware. You know, the CEO, who has access to all of the companies operations and financials as well as the business acumen to be able to make that sort of call. From who, where or what exactly are you getting your information to be making your arbitrary claims?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah you're right I know nothing oh wait my network won't be stocking the Passport but what do they know as well they are only the biggest network in the UK.

Let's face it samsung, apple, HTC, Nokia etc... are all foolish for not bringing out a phone like the passport that's why they aren't successful.... oh wait that's not correct is it

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 and Rami Bachar like this.
    09-23-14 06:25 AM
    Yeah you're right I know nothing oh wait my network won't be stocking the Passport but what do they know as well they are only the biggest network in the UK.

Let's face it samsung, apple, HTC, Nokia etc... are all foolish for not bringing out a phone like the passport that's why they aren't successful.... oh wait that's not correct is it

Posted via CB10
    Looool and I'm guessing you're with EE, right? Biggest in the UK is only a valid vote if they are not the worst... which they are.... imo.

Either way, the phone will sell in UK. The End. Froth at the mouth all you want, most people believe this is a good decision by Chen.

I, for one, agree.

You, for the other, don't.

Live your life and make your phone company.

You just might get somewhere instead of being an armchair ceo...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 07:28 AM
    Looool and I'm guessing you're with EE, right? Biggest in the UK is only a valid vote if they are not the worst... which they are.... imo.

Either way, the phone will sell in UK. The End. Froth at the mouth all you want, most people believe this is a good decision by Chen.

I, for one, agree.

You, for the other, don't.

Live your life and make your phone company.

You just might get somewhere instead of being an armchair ceo...

Posted via CB10
    So the worst has the most customers yeah that makes sense. If they are that bad then how come they have something BlackBerry will never have the biggest market share (BlackBerry struggle to even have 1% market share).

Also this most agree thing you said is this most of the hardcore BlackBerry fans, the people that will buy anything BlackBerry produce, well here's news for you BlackBerry need more than all there hardcore to survive which is why they are in the mess they are in. They need more than most of them. If they haven't brought out or revealed a device that normal people want by the time the galaxy s6 is out then they've lost me. Hopefully by the time that contract is up BlackBerry have come to its senses so I can come back.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 09:30 AM
    I think that most people are perceiving the arrival of the passport incorrectly. The passport isn't meant to be the holy grail of BlackBerry. In all honesty Chen is thinking like a business man and thinking of profit and loss, the most basic principle that a business considers every step of the way, the strategy of managing these is what separates the successful and the failures. I know that I might get some backlash from most of what I might say but here goes.

1. The main thing that Chen had to do was to minimize losses, since there was no clear cut way on increasing the profits. He did this by selling off property that they weren't using and unfortunately reducing employee numbers. That effectively put some money in the bank and cut some money being spent.

2. Unfortunately the BlackBerry OS is very fragmented, from OS 6 to 7 to BB10. I've read the comments about persons saying that the passport is not going to bring a larger market and attract more people to the company and they are maybe correct partially, it might do that to some people but not enough to bring a higher consumer adoption of BB10. What I believe is that Chen is try to get the "loyalist" on the lower OS to switch to BB10 as I said loyalist, the select group of persons that won't switch to another platform no matter the what is thrown at them. That is where the low end all touch bb10 phones come in and the classic, these are meant to get people over to bb10. That can remove the excess money spent to keep supporting BIS and gain some more market traction on bb10. It might not be a lot but I'm sure that Chen and his team's knowledge of the monthly BIS subscriptions they have an idea how many they need to convert to turn a profit in the hardware section of the company. Maybe 10million, thenthat is enough to give them another year of wiggle room to keep going. (BTW even if hardware does die off eventualy BB still has their software).

3. Which brings me to point 3, Chen knows that they don't have the dollar power to compete directly with Apple and Android but they have the know how and foothold in BES, and their ability to provide security isn't a questioned point like hardware, they are known for their security. So allow the companies to buy their Iphones and Androids but they will be managed by BES, I'm sure more than 70% of the time. So while consumers flock to but the newest handsets from competition and take them to work, and if BYOD comes into play, BlackBerry will make a profit from their success. Not hardware division but a profit for the business is what really matters for Chen.

4. Now when I first saw the passport I thought what an ugly, phone and I am sure that I am not the only one. It is so unusual that it has caused a stir in the media. Might not be always a positive one but the name BlackBerry is mentioned, and that is what they need. Get people mention the name, and even if it isn't too positive at least people realise that yes that they still make phones and they are not a dead company. The more curiosity, the more media bashing , the more exposure the passport receives...."FREE MARKETING".

5. The passport isn't meant to be a direct competitor of everything else out there, it has been mentioned. There is no need to throw millions of dollars into a new high end touch screen device, when the market share and need for apps are prevalent. People simply wouldn't by the phone because they have no apps. We all know the cat and mouse game with developers and apps and market share.
    So play it safe, first get people off BIS and on BB10 with the Z3 and classic, that is a start. It helps the marketshare of BB10, remember these loyalist just want a BB. The passport will be bought but it isn't going to get much people to switch.

Sorry for the long post but Chen seems to be working smartly and knows that BlackBerry can't fight like a big boy in the game, so people should recognise that, unfortunately they might not. The right person knows and that is the CEO. turn profits enough to keep the business liable and decrease losses.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 09:37 AM
    I think that most people are perceiving the arrival of the passport incorrectly. The passport isn't meant to be the holy grail of BlackBerry. In all honesty Chen is thinking like a business man and thinking of profit and loss, the most basic principle that a business considers every step of the way, the strategy of managing these is what separates the successful and the failures. I know that I might get some backlash from most of what I might say but here goes.

1. The main thing that Chen had to do was to minimize losses, since there was no clear cut way on increasing the profits. He did this by selling off property that they weren't using and unfortunately reducing employee numbers. That effectively put some money in the bank and cut some money being spent.

2. Unfortunately the BlackBerry OS is very fragmented, from OS 6 to 7 to BB10. I've read the comments about persons saying that the passport is not going to bring a larger market and attract more people to the company and they are maybe correct partially, it might do that to some people but not enough to bring a higher consumer adoption of BB10. What I believe is that Chen is try to get the "loyalist" on the lower OS to switch to BB10 as I said loyalist, the select group of persons that won't switch to another platform no matter the what is thrown at them. That is where the low end all touch bb10 phones come in and the classic, these are meant to get people over to bb10. That can remove the excess money spent to keep supporting BIS and gain some more market traction on bb10. It might not be a lot but I'm sure that Chen and his team's knowledge of the monthly BIS subscriptions they have an idea how many they need to convert to turn a profit in the hardware section of the company. Maybe 10million, thenthat is enough to give them another year of wiggle room to keep going. (BTW even if hardware does die off eventualy BB still has their software).

3. Which brings me to point 3, Chen knows that they don't have the dollar power to compete directly with Apple and Android but they have the know how and foothold in BES, and their ability to provide security isn't a questioned point like hardware, they are known for their security. So allow the companies to buy their Iphones and Androids but they will be managed by BES, I'm sure more than 70% of the time. So while consumers flock to but the newest handsets from competition and take them to work, and if BYOD comes into play, BlackBerry will make a profit from their success. Not hardware division but a profit for the business is what really matters for Chen.

4. Now when I first saw the passport I thought what an ugly, phone and I am sure that I am not the only one. It is so unusual that it has caused a stir in the media. Might not be always a positive one but the name BlackBerry is mentioned, and that is what they need. Get people mention the name, and even if it isn't too positive at least people realise that yes that they still make phones and they are not a dead company. The more curiosity, the more media bashing , the more exposure the passport receives...."FREE MARKETING".

5. The passport isn't meant to be a direct competitor of everything else out there, it has been mentioned. There is no need to throw millions of dollars into a new high end touch screen device, when the market share and need for apps are prevalent. People simply wouldn't by the phone because they have no apps. We all know the cat and mouse game with developers and apps and market share.
    So play it safe, first get people off BIS and on BB10 with the Z3 and classic, that is a start. It helps the marketshare of BB10, remember these loyalist just want a BB. The passport will be bought but it isn't going to get much people to switch.

Sorry for the long post but Chen seems to be working smartly and knows that BlackBerry can't fight like a big boy in the game, so people should recognise that, unfortunately they might not. The right person knows and that is the CEO. turn profits enough to keep the business liable and decrease losses.
    I agree with the majority of this, I can understand the need for the classic bring that out for the people with the old BBOS that still want a PKB and tbh it's a nice looking device it's not something I'd buy but I can see the market there. But the Passport is just an over engineered device for a problem that just doesn't exist.
    09-23-14 09:53 AM
    I think that the passport does also deal with BlackBerry loyalist that want high end pkb device, as far as rumours go it was developed with NantHealth, I don't know. Looking at the price of it, it doesn't seem to have cost too much to build. It's definitely not geared for the average consumer.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by makingithappen; 09-23-14 at 10:52 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 10:18 AM
    Most of these Apple fan boys here complaining about the Passport were also here at the launch of the Z30 complaining about how the Z30 was too big and how Apple had hit the sweet spot with the iPhone 5. They were also the same people that were waiting in line for the iPhone 6+. If this phone is not for you no worries there are plenty of other phones out there.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 03:46 PM
    Most of these Apple fan boys here complaining about the Passport were also here at the launch of the Z30 complaining about how the Z30 was too big and how Apple had hit the sweet spot with the iPhone 5. They were also the same people that were waiting in line for the iPhone 6+. If this phone is not for you no worries there are plenty of other phones out there.

Posted via CB10
    Apple fan boys lol i'd sooner use morse code than use an iPhone. I can honestly say I will never own anything apple produce. Also I've never complained about the Z30 I've loved it from the moment I saw it. I had to buy it unconnected for 500 gbp due to me getting the z10 when that was released but couldn't cope with the battery life. Also my network doesn't stock the Z30. But that's because as was confirmed earlier the biggest network are the worst which makes you wonder why they have the most amount of customers.

So what I learnt off a earlier post is that the worst a company is the more customers they have. With logic like that I'm surprised Rover went bust.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by stuart445; 09-23-14 at 05:54 PM.
    09-23-14 05:30 PM
    Apple fan boys lol i'd sooner use morse code than use an iPhone. I can honestly say I will never own anything apple produce. Also I've never complained about the Z30 I've loved it from the moment I saw it. I had to buy it unconnected for 500 gbp due to me getting the z10 when that was released but couldn't cope with the battery life. Also my network doesn't stock the Z30. But that's because as was confirmed earlier the biggest network are the worst which makes you wonder why they have the most amount of customers.

So what I learnt off a earlier post is that the worst a company is the more customers they have. With logic like that I'm surprised Rover went bust.

Posted via CB10
    I guess you will never own the world's best laptops.
    09-24-14 03:06 PM
    I'm sure I'll manage, I prefer to build my computers myself so I prefer desktops over laptops

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Come again? No clue what you're trying to say

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:26 PM
    I have to see the Passport in person before I make a judgment call. I am not as excited about this release as I was for the Z & Q10's. I am also not too happy it is only available in the US on AT&T. (My company pays for my phone, I refuse to shell out full price myself) So, I will continue to use my Z10 and weigh my options. I want to see the phone in person and will consider switching to AT&T.

I also want to see if there are improvements with the contacts app and Link.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-24-14 06:37 PM
    Are there any words of Chen saying another innovative device is coming?
    09-25-14 10:05 AM
    I don't see how not liking Apple products translates into not owning Alienware products.....

Posted via CB10
    coaltowking likes this.
    09-26-14 01:01 AM
    Hmmm 200000 sold and there is more coming for people on the waiting list....oh yah sold out on amazon and number one beat selling phone....hmm what do you have to say now my friend......trust me this phone is going to sell like crazy man once they keep up with demand.....your predictions were wrong big big big time...how do you feel??

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 10:38 PM
    Where is Stuart445 and the other guys who said that the Passport would be a flop?, thanks God that JC is running the company and not one of this forumers who think they know something.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-26-14 11:51 PM
692 ... 2223242526 ...