08-06-15 05:53 AM
692 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    So you just TOTALLY ignore the Z30 I see. The Z30 is a high end all touch with awesome reviews from all. You are just as bad as some "journalists " at the apple/android fan sites.

And there are numerous reasons BlackBerry has not been selling, not just the app thing. Many large companies block the device from accessing certain apps (Facebook, Twitter, instagram, etc) as is a WORK phone. Many government policies dictate that user can not download ANY apps without IT approval.

Also, many large companies and govs have in house apps that will allow the user to do what the company /gov needs done. And these are not on BlackBerry World. Nor do they have ANYTHING to do with the "app gap".

Think outside the box and stop thinking of your own self centered needs.

Posted via CB10
    If I ignore the Z30 you ignore iPhone and never used one ! I see a Z30 and just the screen is 5 times less bright. And according to you, a Z30 is a high end. You need to read more about other brand.

My "own self centered needs". Yep, guy you are right. That's me. The man who bought 40 millions iPhone 6 the first day. That's me who bought billion Android devices. You may be right, I'm too self centered, who wants app ? You mean other phone aren't work phones ? So just a few thousands devices are used for work ?
    And then you say I'm self centered?That's funny.
    09-21-14 04:27 PM
    So why so insecure? We all know that Apple and Android sell a whole lot more phones than BlackBerry, so why do you feel the need to to hang around a BlackBerry fan site trying to convince us of the error in our ways. It's like getting knocks on the door by a bunch of Jahova witnesses asking us have we heard the truth, but the truth is we are happy with our phone and don't need converting. Here's the deal don't knock on my door and I won't knock on yours.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and iPomps like this.
    09-21-14 06:54 PM
    So why so insecure? We all know that Apple and Android sell a whole lot more phones than BlackBerry, so why do you feel the need to to hang around a BlackBerry fan site trying to convince us of the error in our ways. It's like getting knocks on the door by a bunch of Jahova witnesses asking us have we heard the truth, but the truth is we are happy with our phone and don't need converting. Here's the deal don't knock on my door and I won't knock on yours.

Posted via CB10
    YES!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:25 PM
    Sorry, but no. Keyboards are part of the phone and accessories don't really have much to do with it.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Okay.

I count available accessories as part of the ecosystem, but don't require others to.
    09-21-14 07:25 PM
    Back in 2012, I had the HTC Droid DNA, that Android smartphone either beats or matches the much newer Z30 in every single hardware spec category there is except for battery size and the FM radio.
    Gaaahhhh!

I really wish people would look at the whole picture. Specs are important in that they are needed to make the device have nice experience, but there's more to an experience than just specs.

My Kindle Fire HDX (bane of my goddamn existance right now) has the same RAM has my Z10 but only runs Android apps (not Android and BB10 apps), has a quad core processor ... yet the damn thing slows to a miserable crawl if you try to run Facebook, the browser and the video app in succession. Meanwhile, the dual core Z10 does not. Neither does the dual core iPhone 5S.

Get a woody over specs all you want, but it's how the device performs in conjunction between hardware, software and OS.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-21-14 09:35 PM
    Gaaahhhh!

I really wish people would look at the whole picture. Specs are important in that they are needed to make the device have nice experience, but there's more to an experience than just specs.

My Kindle Fire HDX (bane of my goddamn existance right now) has the same RAM has my Z10 but only runs Android apps (not Android and BB10 apps), has a quad core processor ... yet the damn thing slows to a miserable crawl if you try to run Facebook, the browser and the video app in succession. Meanwhile, the dual core Z10 does not. Neither does the dual core iPhone 5S.

Get a woody over specs all you want, but it's how the device performs in conjunction between hardware, software and OS.
    When I hear someone call a device high-end or low-end, I take that to mean that they are talking about the hardware specs. Not how the device performs in conjunction between hardware, software and OS.

I imagine most people are the same way. Shoppers can easily compare hardware specs when choosing between devices to buy, but how are you supposed to compare how two devices will perform day in and day out without actually using them for a long period of time?

We can directly compare hardware between two devices and see which one has the better hardware immediately, but that isn't possible with you grading process. The comparison between the Droid DNA and the much newer Z30 clearly shows that the Droid is higher-end when it comes to hardware specs. I never said it did or didn't perform better, I only said it is higher-end when it comes to hardware specs. And it is.

How a device performs can and is effected by a lot of variables, such as settings, types and amounts of installed applications and use habits. For that reason alone, how someone claims a device performs for them isn't very useful information to go by.
    Karben likes this.
    09-21-14 10:22 PM
    I think he's thinking the glass slab touch screen phone market is extremely crowded with most of the growth coming at the low end. While the physical keyboard devotee market is being wholly ignored. And within that market niche there are professionals that want a PKB device and who are willing to pay a high price for premium specs, etc. Add to that the fact that the Passport is the first PKB phone to have a fairly good sized and high resolution screen.

I think it's worth one try. And I doubt BlackBerry is going overboard on the manufacturing in case it tanks.

We will see.
    Karben and Xenolock like this.
    09-22-14 12:57 AM
    When I hear someone call a device high-end or low-end, I take that to mean that they are talking about the hardware specs.
    Good for you. The rest of the world considers it quality of device and experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:37 AM
    You are so wrong about me ! I want to come back to BB. I was a user of BB. I was at the global launch of BB10. Were you ? So, stop saying I'm an Apple fan. I'm just a BB fan who wants BB really come back, make awesome products, and sells tons of them. In this way, they will just don't sell enough phones to stay in this market and stop the hemorrhage.
    Last edited by Karben; 09-22-14 at 04:09 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 03:44 AM
    I think he's thinking the glass slab touch screen phone market is extremely crowded with most of the growth coming at the low end. While the physical keyboard devotee market is being wholly ignored. And within that market niche there are professionals that want a PKB device and who are willing to pay a high price for premium specs, etc. Add to that the fact that the Passport is the first PKB phone to have a fairly good sized and high resolution screen.

I think it's worth one try. And I doubt BlackBerry is going overboard on the manufacturing in case it tanks.

We will see.
    THIS ! A smart person with one We can talk. Smart answer.
    09-22-14 03:45 AM
    Can you, frankly, explain me why BB10 doesn't need high specs. BB10 is smooth and "light" and doesn't high-specs; we agree. But, there is no app, so we are running Android app. And YOU said only Android phone need specs. But we are running Android app who should run on Android device, isn't it ? And honestly, I want to come back but when I see the BlackBerry OS thread I'm a bit afraid... That said, I'm pretty sure to buy one.
    09-22-14 03:51 AM
    Selling devices to consumers is about "cool."

Posted via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    09-22-14 04:19 AM
    Selling devices to consumers is about "cool."

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is trying to sell devices to businesses not consumers. Different needs and wants.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 04:59 AM
    But, there is no app,
    So I'm imagining that dozens and dozens of native apps I have running on mine then? :-)
    CDM76 and HabsFan9860 like this.
    09-22-14 07:16 AM
    So I'm imagining that dozens and dozens of native apps I have running on mine then? :-)
    You mean the apps from snap and amazon that 90% of the time run like crap?? Yeah those ones..

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    09-22-14 09:09 AM
    What is he playing at with the Passport, He is not a stupid man he is surely a highly intelligent man. But this new device will be the device that finally kills Blackberry. In technology you HAVE to keep moving forward if you stand still and you will be left behind. But if you do what Blackberry are doing and go backwards you go down a route you will not return from. Physical keyboard are a thing of the past there is a reason why the likes of Samsung and Apple don't use them, you won't see them bringing out a physical keyboard phone as there is only a very small amount of people want them hence why Blackberry has fallen so far behind them. It's easy the Z30 is an awesome phone all they need to do is bring out a updated version of it with the specs that can compete.

It's a sad day as I love using my Z30 and it seems as if it's going to be my last Blackberry I own as when it eventually dies of old age I will be forced to by an Android phone it's a real shame really Blackberry had a really good platform to build on with the Z30 but have decided to turn the complete wrong way. Sometimes different isn't always a good thing, Sometimes things like the Passport haven't been done because there isn't a market for them. If this was brought out when Blackberry first went to do touchscreens then it might have worked as it would be a progression towards touchscreen but to do it now is illogical and a daft thing to do.

R.I.P Blackberry :-(

Stuart
    LOL.
    It's the Passport and it's uniqueness that will gain BlackBerry world wide recognition once again. John Chen is about to launch a device "Passport" that has no competition.

What BlackBerry is offering consumers regardless of Enterprise/Health Care/Government/Consumers etc., its CHOICE. A choice of a full range of devices.

And the Z3, upcoming Z20 and high end Z50 is a testament to that CHOICE.

Typed on my Q5
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 11:42 AM
    You mean the apps from snap and amazon that 90% of the time run like crap?? Yeah those ones..
    Wasn't talking about those. Was talking about the Native apps on my phone. Pretty sure this was clear.
    CDM76 and HabsFan9860 like this.
    09-22-14 12:18 PM
    LOL.
    It's the Passport and it's uniqueness that will gain BlackBerry world wide recognition once again. John Chen is about to launch a device "Passport" that has no competition.

What BlackBerry is offering consumers regardless of Enterprise/Health Care/Government/Consumers etc., its CHOICE. A choice of a full range of devices.

And the Z3, upcoming Z20 and high end Z50 is a testament to that CHOICE.

Typed on my Q5
    There is a reason why the Passport has no competition. There was something Theo Paphitis said whilst he was on UK Dragons Den, sometimes something hasn't been done before isn't because others have missed out it's because it isn't a good idea.

For as long as Blackberry aim devices at the Niche market the phones will have Niche prices. What sane person will choose a Passport when they can have an Android device cheaper, that goes for the business market as well as they always want to keep costs down.
    Karben likes this.
    09-22-14 01:34 PM
    What sane person will choose a Passport when they can have an Android device cheaper
    Uhm, I would, and I'm not a business man or a doctor or really anybody important for that matter. I'm just a regular dude in his mid 20s who prefers physical keyboards (specifically BlackBerry keyboards) annnnnd I'm betting I'm not the only one who does.

Also, I'm pretty sure Chen knows he isn't going to outsell Apple or Samsung. He understands they have the majority market share and the Passport isn't going to change that. He isn't going after the throats of the big dogs because BlackBerry simply can't compete with them right now. That isn't due to the lack of a good product (I personally believe BlackBerry makes the best hardware out there and BB10 is what works best for my life style) but due to consumers view of the company.

People need to stop assuming John Chen and the rest of BlackBerry are expecting to take over the world and kill Apple and Samsung with the Passport. They aren't going to do that. They aren't trying to do that. They understand that.

The Passport isn't a device for everyday consumers so stop comparing it to devices that are.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Bbnivende, iamagod and 1 others like this.
    09-22-14 10:20 PM
    Uhm, I would, and I'm not a business man or a doctor or really anybody important for that matter. I'm just a regular dude in his mid 20s who prefers physical keyboards (specifically BlackBerry keyboards) annnnnd I'm betting I'm not the only one who does.

Also, I'm pretty sure Chen knows he isn't going to outsell Apple or Samsung. He understands they have the majority market share and the Passport isn't going to change that. He isn't going after the throats of the big dogs because BlackBerry simply can't compete with them right now. That isn't due to the lack of a good product (I personally believe BlackBerry makes the best hardware out there and BB10 is what works best for my life style) but due to consumers view of the company.

People need to stop assuming John Chen and the rest of BlackBerry are expecting to take over the world and kill Apple and Samsung with the Passport. They aren't going to do that. They aren't trying to do that. They understand that.

The Passport isn't a device for everyday consumers so stop comparing it to devices that are.

Posted via CB10
    VERY well said. The Passport has already gained a lot of positive media for BlackBerry. It's gotten a lot of free press and will be great for businesses. And since is cheaper than iPhone 6 it will save companies money when they buy them. Organizations like mine buy approximately 10,000 new devices a year. So any savings make a HUGE impact on the bottom line.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 11:03 PM
    You are entitled to your opinion, which is why he's CEO and you are not.

Z10 on Telus
    This is GOLD.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 11:05 PM
    I wonder if the goofy Passport keyboard might not kill it. Personally I refuse to use a non-PKB device and at first the thought of finally a "high end" PKB phone excited me. Then here comes this silly thing with no numbers or periods or commas and I'm wondering, do I really want this? For someone like me this think could/should have been a must-have, but instead it's a "let me play with one first, and maybe...". I'm curious what made Chen think neutering the keyboard would gain him some market share.

Posted via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    09-22-14 11:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    By not trying to compete with the competition is confining BlackBerry to certain death, you won't steal any new customers off anyone with the Passport that's for certain. BlackBerry can't survive with the current customer base it's not the hardcore fans, as they'll buy anything BlackBerry bring out, people saying on here they will buy the Passport proves that. They need to convert people from other platforms but as you said they aren't trying to compete with them.

Posted via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    09-23-14 12:16 AM
    Karben

Newsflash!!! This site is called CB....crack as in addicted and berry as in BlackBerry.

Dude you're at a Harley convention trying to sell a Honda

CB10/Z10
    CDM76 and b121 like this.
    09-23-14 12:24 AM
    Newsflash!!! This site is called CB....crack as in addicted and berry as in BlackBerry.

Dude you're at a Harley convention trying to sell a Honda

CB10/Z10
    I suspect you chastised the wrong poster.
    09-23-14 12:27 AM
692 ... 2122232425 ...