08-06-15 04:53 AM
692 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    What's your evidence that Chen knows what he's doing? Because you say so?
    What is your background to imply that Chen does not know what he is doing? Did you have a successful career as a VP, EVP, COO and CEO of global tech companies? Do you have a track record of turning bankrupt companies around to become successful again?

Or is it just a newly announced device, that you don't like, that makes you think that JC doesn't know what he is doing?
    07-12-14 09:56 AM
    What is your background to imply that Chen does not know what he is doing? Did you have a successful career as a VP, EVP, COO and CEO of global tech companies? Do you have a track record of turning bankrupt companies around to become successful again?

Or is it just a newly announced device, that you don't like, that makes you think that JC doesn't know what he is doing?
    I'm not implying anything one way or the other.

But a broad statement that people should just keep quiet because Chen "knows what he's doing" is silly.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-12-14 10:02 AM
    I'm not implying anything one way or the other.

But a broad statement that people should just keep quiet because Chen "knows what he's doing" is silly.

I agree.
    But your text line that I quoted sounded exactly like "Chen doesn't know what he's doing".
    And, I think that (almost?) nobody here at CB does have the background, the insight nor the experience to perform a final assessment on JC's qualities.
    07-12-14 10:10 AM
    I agree.
    But your text line that I quoted sounded exactly like "Chen doesn't know what he's doing".
    And, I think that (almost?) nobody here at CB does have the background, the insight nor the experience to perform a final assessment on JC's qualities.
    By your logic, then, only a few people actually have the background or insight to evaluate a President or Prime Minister.
    07-12-14 10:28 AM
    By your logic, then, only a few people actually have the background or insight to evaluate a President or Prime Minister.
    Good point. Yes, I would agree with that too.
    07-12-14 01:21 PM
    At this point, if we care about BlackBerry surviving, all we can do is wait and see if the pending devices sell.......whether we like them or agree with decisions that are made at the top. Eight months ago, no one was certain that we would see another BlackBerry.....at all. Can we all agree? Of course not. Also, nothing wrong with opinions and/or accountability for decisions being made at the top by those "purchasing" the product. Time answers all questions.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    07-12-14 09:56 PM
    Stfu stuart

Posted via CB10
    iamagod likes this.
    07-20-14 11:36 AM
    Stfu stuart

Posted via CB10
    I see we've got the brains of the forum here, what is it they say when people start swearing. You know you've lost an argument when you have to resort to swearing.

Resilience if you haven't got any intelligent to say please leave my thread as all the other intelligent poster do not want to read your filth

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:04 PM
    Smh

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 01:21 PM
    Smh

Posted via CB10
    You still here?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 01:44 PM
    Yeah

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor likes this.
    07-20-14 03:25 PM
    * cough *.... I am the ceo of all ceo(s).

Cute, elegant, orphan.

So, you guys calm down. I ain't no fortune teller and I don't know what is Chen doing. So, we might as well watch and see what's on the board. Eyes on the board, classmates.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 08:05 AM
    I don't understand the fascination with updating to new phones and keeping up with the specs!!??? These phones dont require the latest and greatest specs and are only going to get better with each OS update to come! Whats with peoples obsession with latest and greatest highest spec/cpu/gpu/memory phones!!! If something is working great and smooth why change to a newer phone!!?? Sorry, but I would rather have a solid reliable phone that works and continues to for a long time rather than have to switch to a new device every year! I experienced this when I was on Android as the phone got worse the older it got! That is absurd and a waste!! This behavior greatly contributes to global resource decline and exactly why we are drowning in old electronic devices!
    07-22-14 08:12 AM
    I loved my Nokia 3310, and only gave it up when AT&T bought my service provider and told me that it wouldn't run on their networks. ... About a year after they made the switch. It was a great phone. Extremely dependable, and could be dropped from great heights without taking any real damage.
    You're correct that consumers don't *need* the fastest processors, or other new cool features. However, people will read reviews on CNET or elsewhere. They'll look at the newest Android phone that's being released and then look at the Z30 and think to themselves, "BlackBerry is just offering old, obsolete phones."
    Now if you already have a Z30, you're thinking that it's more than fine for your needs. ... But BlackBerry (or any other phone manufacturer) is targeting people who are ready to give up their phones, and looking for their next purchase. In most cases, people want to buy a model that's been released relatively recently.
    I'm currently using a phone that's 3 years old, and before that I had a BlackBerry Bold for quite a while, so I get what you're saying though.

llomoto921;10628377]I don't understand the fascination with updating to new phones and keeping up with the specs!!??? These phones dont require the latest and greatest specs and are only going to get better with each OS update to come! Whats with peoples obsession with latest and greatest highest spec/cpu/gpu/memory phones!!! If something is working great and smooth why change to a newer phone!!?? Sorry, but I would rather have a solid reliable phone that works and continues to for a long time rather than have to switch to a new device every year! I experienced this when I was on Android as the phone got worse the older it got! That is absurd and a waste!! This behavior greatly contributes to global resource decline and exactly why we are drowning in old electronic devices![/QUOTE]
    07-22-14 09:45 AM
    I don't understand the fascination with updating to new phones and keeping up with the specs!!??? These phones dont require the latest and greatest specs and are only going to get better with each OS update to come! Whats with peoples obsession with latest and greatest highest spec/cpu/gpu/memory phones!!! If something is working great and smooth why change to a newer phone!!?? Sorry, but I would rather have a solid reliable phone that works and continues to for a long time rather than have to switch to a new device every year! I experienced this when I was on Android as the phone got worse the older it got! That is absurd and a waste!! This behavior greatly contributes to global resource decline and exactly why we are drowning in old electronic devices!
    Simple really lithium batteries don't have a long lifespan they degrade from the moment they are made whether working or not, so the upgrade is needed as eventually the battery will die. That is the only downside to the Z30 It's non removable battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:47 AM
    I don't know of about you Tim, but I'm kind of rough on my phones. If I get 2 years out of any cell phone, I'm doing well. This has nothing to do with the concept that I should have the latest and greatest and keep up the Jones Family. It is entirely to do with durability. Don't get me wrong, the durability of many phones these days is much better than it used to be BUT I'm amazing at putting any device, gadget, computer, etc through its paces.

As an example, I got this Z10 almost 1 and a half years ago just after it released. I did well with it until about 2 months a go or so. Since then, I have dropped it three times due to juggling too many things at once (out by my truck on the side of the road) without putting the phone back in my pocket. Every time, in my brilliance, it hit the roadway. Amazingly, the phone did not appear to be damaged and continued working until I noticed 2 weeks ago that when using the phone normally (up to my ear) the sound is all distorted. However, with bluetooth, it still works awesome.

Fortunately for me, I prefer bluetooth and use it most of the time but I have a feeling that it'll start acting up more and more.

My previous two phones only lasted 6 months and one year because they did not have the functionality I was looking for although I was starting to kill the one year one already.

Anyway, my point is that the Jones philosophy is not the only reason for constantly upgrading. I agree that's a crazy way to operate one's financial resources but I imagine I'm not the only that destroys phones or needs new functions for efficiency on and off the job.

Maybe this puts a slightly different spin on it for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 10:46 AM
    I've been seeing you guys talking about the passport, I finally decided to google it, oh man is this really what it looks like?
    Is anyone really going to use this? It looks like something from the original star trek series, no way to put that in your pocket, I don't mean to offend, and this of course is just my opinion but that is the ugliest phone I have ever seen, eek. My Z30 looks like the future, this looks like a prototype phone from the past....

Karben and Issa-7 like this.
    09-08-14 12:15 PM
    I've been seeing you guys talking about the passport, I finally decided to google it, oh man is this really what it looks like?
    Is anyone really going to use this? It looks like something from the original star trek series, no way to put that in your pocket, I don't mean to offend, and this of course is just my opinion but that is the ugliest phone I have ever seen, eek. My Z30 looks like the future, this looks like a prototype phone from the past....
    You need to read more about the phone to understand, my view was when I first saw it was WHAT?! Giving it time, understanding you will see what's being achieved here. Plus it does fit in the pocket

I now can't wait to get this phone

-
    09-08-14 12:52 PM
    Function-wise, it sounds cool, I guess I'm too reliant on looks though for what makes me want something I'd be embarrassed to have people see me with something like that
    09-08-14 12:57 PM
    Sorry but your z30 looks like every other slab phone out there.

I guess all phones are supposed to look the same these days pretty much like the cars of today.

Posted via CB10
    CharlieV likes this.
    09-08-14 07:34 PM
    Sorry I still choose cool design over dorky design
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-08-14 07:37 PM
    BlackBerry would be in even worst shape right now if everyone felt like you did. Looking around this forum, I have seen an awful lot of posters who have bought a Z10, Q10, Q5 and then a Z30 and are now waiting to buy a Passport or a Classic

It always kind of seemed like a waste to me as well. I mean if BlackBerry 10 phones are so great, should there be a need to replace them as soon as the next one comes out? But I figure most of the BlackBerry collectors are just making donations to the save BlackBerry fund.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-08-14 07:49 PM
    BlackBerry would be in even worst shape right now if everyone felt like you did. Looking around this forum, I have seen an awful lot of posters who have bought a Z10, Q10, Q5 and then a Z30 and are now waiting to buy a Passport or a Classic

It always kind of seemed like a waste to me as well. I mean if BlackBerry 10 phones are so great, should there be a need to replace them as soon as the next one comes out? But I figure most of the BlackBerry collectors are just making donations to the save BlackBerry fund.
    It is certainly that the BlackBerry faithful were one of the big segments still buying BlackBerry devices during the tumble. It's not quite the same as donating to the save BlackBerry fund.

09-08-14 10:03 PM
    I think current B10 phones are good but not great.

The camera is poor (no matter how many Mpx, I know 8 Mpxl that are far better), the autonomy can be improved (OK, Z30 is good for this one but it is kind of a phablet), no QI charging... Now, they have advantages others don't have like Miracastn micro-HDMI... So far, the phones are good but not good enough no to look forward a better one.

I had a Z10, it was very good ... except the battery life and absence of Miracast support.
    I now own a Q10 and it is quite good too .. except the double tap issue with keyboard and the autonomy which is OK but not better than any other smartphone (while the screen size should let it be)...

It's the way things go. We are always seeking for better things. I don't really care of proc or RAM as long as the system is fluid enough -and that's the case) but I'm still not completely satisfied with the BB10 I owned for other reasons. Now, it doesn't mean I want an Iphone or other brand phone at all
    09-09-14 02:30 AM

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploa...y-passport.jpg
    I agree I'm sorry but this thing is not going to catch on just because it's different. Different does NOT always mean good.

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:05 PM
692 ... 1920212223 ...