08-06-15 05:53 AM
692 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    IPhone and Samsung. Same stuff. Slab of glass touch screen. Seen it done it. Bring on this different communicator.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 06:38 PM
    IPhone and Samsung. Same stuff. Slab of glass touch screen. Seen it done it. Bring on this different communicator.

Posted via CB10
    I can't say I mind the Samsung. Probably what I would go with if I left BlackBerry. Definitely would never go Apple.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-29-14 06:40 PM
    It amuses me to no end the way some people on CB will argue with themselves.

Not pointing any fingers. General statement.

I amuses me to no end the way some people make broad, sweeping statements then can't defend them, only to accuse others that respond directly to their posts point by point, as "arguing with themselves", then adding an odd "not pointing any fingers" statement at the end.

As I said....I didn't really expect you to answer the hard questions that challenge your theory (or really any questions for that matter)....and you didn't disappoint! Well played.

General statement.
    06-29-14 07:00 PM
    I've added some punctuation so that people can understand the good points that you are trying to make.

I totally agree with you. I don't think BlackBerry should drop the keyboard phone, but I think that one is more than enough in the BlackBerry line up. They should only have 3 phones total; two touch screen and one keyboard

And stop changing the name / dimensions with every release. Can't build device loyalty (ie: samsung galaxy S1/S2/S3/S4/S5/etc) by changing name every few months.

By changing dimensions it's hard to convince aftermarket vendors to build accessories for the device. The more devices on the market that fit the accessories the more accessories that can be built. And they can be built cheaper.

Keep the Z10/Z30/Q10 form factors. Just upgrade internals. Then if want to play around with one or two other devices on side feel free. But keep those 3 core products for now.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 07:14 PM
    And stop changing the name / dimensions with every release. Can't build device loyalty (ie: samsung galaxy S1/S2/S3/S4/S5/etc) by changing name every few months.

By changing dimensions it's hard to convince aftermarket vendors to build accessories for the device. The more devices on the market that fit the accessories the more accessories that can be built. And they can be built cheaper.

Keep the Z10/Z30/Q10 form factors. Just upgrade internals. Then I'd want to play around with one or two other devices on side feel free. But keep those 3 core products for now.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Thank-you.

Very minor changes just to be interesting, maybe. But the same basic footprint.

And a very good point with the accessories. Considering the beating my phone takes I would love an Armor series Otterbox, but they will never make one considering the small amount of sales each BlackBerry device has. However, if Otterbox knew there would be a Z10 sized phone each year then maybe they would.

06-29-14 07:20 PM
    There is no more reason for you to stay with BlackBerry. Just Go away and go quickly, no body force you to stay, maybe android forum more welcome you. Bye bye just don't forget to leave your z30 behind right now.
    There's an Arabian quote I found on the Internet saying
    "???? ?????? ?????? ????? ?????"
    And it means If there were no different opinions nothing will be sold.

That's why I respect his opinion.
    Just because he doesn't like the keyboard idea you force him to leave blackberry.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-29-14 07:32 PM
    06-29-14 08:01 PM
    There's an Arabian quote I found on the Internet saying
    "???? ?????? ?????? ????? ?????"
    And it means If there were no different opinions nothing will be sold.

That's why I respect his opinion.
    Just because he doesn't like the keyboard idea you force him to leave blackberry.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    Lol

06-29-14 09:22 PM
    Another article mentioning the Manitoba (Z50) release. This one states is will be out next March:

Exclusive: Forget BlackBerry Z3! 'Manitoba' Coming March 2015 with 8GB RAM - Gizbot
    crazigee likes this.
    06-30-14 12:12 PM
    Another article mentioning the Manitoba (Z50) release. This one states is will be out next March:

Exclusive: Forget BlackBerry Z3! 'Manitoba' Coming March 2015 with 8GB RAM - Gizbot
    I hope it doesn't have a 6" screen. That would be way too big for me. Bigger isn't necessarily better.

06-30-14 08:01 PM
    Innovation isn't an Apple/Google ecosystem at all.
    Innovation is a new technology that disruptively changes the habit, ecosystems like Google and Apple are a sum of services adopted like habits by consumers because they see how easy they are to adopt (and they think they are free...but if it's free then you are the product they'll sell to companies behind your back)
    Two totally different things.
    I always thought one of these days people would be more security touchy and aware that their datas are to be dealt with prudence.
    Blackberry insist on the security for business, but you'll see that in the years to come personal privacy (not only related to business) will become a major actor of the e-economy.
    You already have a lot of solutions for using your own private cloud instead of cheap "services" all centralised (that is antinomic with the "spirit" and even the structure of original peer-to-peer internet).
    What is so cool today, what is the essence of the hype will pass and maybe be replace by another trend always based on your data but i really think consumers will get more and more conscious how much important are their data.
    Blackberry doesn't have yet an ecosystem that could compete with the two giants.
    But technology wise they can bring some innovation on the table, and the advent of a real smart keyboard would be a revolution even without a major ecosystem (first based on business but easily transposable to private consumers)
    Show me a definition of innovation specifically being a "technology"

"Innovation is a new technology that disruptively changes the habit,"

Without using the word technology to describe innovation you just described how apple created an eco system and created a home for everything you needed and wanted online back when no one else had anything like it. That's innovation. Creating something different and creative that changes people's lives that hasn't been done before or not done as well.

Q10 Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 10:31 PM
    Lol.

That was in direct response to his question on what BlackBerry should do to show that they aren't dismissing the importance of the touch screen. My answer is stop focusing on keyboards. The umpteen times is not why BlackBerry should do that, but why he should stop asking me that same question. Because I had already answered him umpteen times.

I think that focusing on keyboards follows a pattern of strategic decisions by BlackBerry that demonstrate they still don't understand the importance of the touch screen. I'm not suggesting that BlackBerry should stop keyboard devices. Not by any means, as I still think that there is a niche market for them that BlackBerry can have a monopoly on.

It concerns me, however, when Chen said that they would be focusing or "emphasizing" the physical keyboard. That's the same attitude that BlackBerry had when the iPhone came into the market an BlackBerry said that touch screens weren't going to last.

My opinion is that BlackBerry should continue to make keyboard devices but focus or "emphasize" touch devices.

Dude they know what their doing. No one wants their touch screen phones and they aren't going to magically catch on

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    06-30-14 10:36 PM
    Dude they know what their doing. No one wants their touch screen phones and they aren't going to magically catch on

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Really? If they know what they are doing why are they in such a deep hole?

If people want their keyboard phones then why isn't BlackBerry selling any of them?

06-30-14 11:00 PM
    That must explain why their all-touch models have been such a runaway success. I don't think the problem is the keyboards, people remember their old BlackBerries fondly precisely because of them. The reason they left was because competing devices had bigger screens, exciting app ecosystems and, once their friends had all moved over, a critical mass of peer pressure built up. The Passport is the first time I've ever seen BB make something that offers the best of both worlds. BB's all-touch devices offered no compelling advantage over competing all-touch platforms, and with plenty of inconvenience and compromise.
    07-01-14 05:41 AM
    That must explain why their all-touch models have been such a runaway success. I don't think the problem is the keyboards, people remember their old BlackBerries fondly precisely because of them. The reason they left was because competing devices had bigger screens, exciting app ecosystems and, once their friends had all moved over, a critical mass of peer pressure built up. The Passport is the first time I've ever seen BB make something that offers the best of both worlds. BB's all-touch devices offered no compelling advantage over competing all-touch platforms, and with plenty of inconvenience and compromise
    There isn't any inconvenience with the Passport?, Which is bigger the Blackberry Passport of the motorola dynatac 8000x?
    07-01-14 09:25 AM
    That must explain why their all-touch models have been such a runaway success. I don't think the problem is the keyboards, people remember their old BlackBerries fondly precisely because of them. The reason they left was because competing devices had bigger screens, exciting app ecosystems and, once their friends had all moved over, a critical mass of peer pressure built up. The Passport is the first time I've ever seen BB make something that offers the best of both worlds. BB's all-touch devices offered no compelling advantage over competing all-touch platforms, and with plenty of inconvenience and compromise.
    People wanted a device with a bigger screen. That was offered to the through the implementation of a soft keyboard that wasn't there when they weren't typing.

I very much doubt that the bulbous Passport will be a big seller for BlackBerry.

07-01-14 09:40 AM
    Aggresively building an eco-system would be brilliant! Ashton Cutcher is gonna pop out soon, i just know it.
    07-01-14 09:48 AM
    There isn't any inconvenience with the Passport?, Which is bigger the Blackberry Passport of the motorola dynatac 8000x?
    I can't wait to see the spike in purchases of the "European carry-all" to accommodate this huge device.

07-01-14 11:41 AM
    Really? If they know what they are doing why are they in such a deep hole?

If people want their keyboard phones then why isn't BlackBerry selling any of them?

They're selling more keyboard phones than touchscreen phones though

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    07-01-14 03:26 PM
    They're selling more keyboard phones than touchscreen phones though

Q10 Posted via CB10
    No they aren't, unless you are counting BBOS devices.

07-01-14 06:10 PM
    No they aren't, unless you are counting BBOS devices.

Lol of course I'm counting that that's the majority of their sales still

Q10 Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:33 PM
    Lol of course I'm counting that that's the majority of their sales still

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Of course they are gonna sell more of the bbos 7 as there is more of them.

It's simple really if you have 10 devices of one os and pkbs and only 4 of bb10 and touchscreens you're bound to sell more even is you only sell 1 of every phone

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 11:09 PM
    Sales (particularly in mobile phones) are generally led by demand, not supply
    gnirkatto likes this.
    07-02-14 04:53 AM
    What is he playing at with the Passport, He is not a stupid man he is surely a highly intelligent man. But this new device will be the device that finally kills Blackberry. In technology you HAVE to keep moving forward if you stand still and you will be left behind. But if you do what Blackberry are doing and go backwards you go down a route you will not return from. Physical keyboard are a thing of the past there is a reason why the likes of Samsung and Apple don't use them, you won't see them bringing out a physical keyboard phone as there is only a very small amount of people want them hence why Blackberry has fallen so far behind them. It's easy the Z30 is an awesome phone all they need to do is bring out a updated version of it with the specs that can compete.

It's a sad day as I love using my Z30 and it seems as if it's going to be my last Blackberry I own as when it eventually dies of old age I will be forced to by an Android phone it's a real shame really Blackberry had a really good platform to build on with the Z30 but have decided to turn the complete wrong way. Sometimes different isn't always a good thing, Sometimes things like the Passport haven't been done because there isn't a market for them. If this was brought out when Blackberry first went to do touchscreens then it might have worked as it would be a progression towards touchscreen but to do it now is illogical and a daft thing to do.

R.I.P Blackberry :-(

Stuart
    Its not the end its the beggining dude...Chen is planing something bigger for BB...its screen resolution is even more than a average computer screen...1440x1440 ... Vive la BlackBerry...! ♡

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 05:04 AM
    Its not the end its the beggining of the end dude...Chen is planing something bigger for BB...its screen resolution is even more than a average computer screen...1440x1440 ... Vive la BlackBerry...! ♡

Posted via CB10
    Corrected for you.

Posted via CB10
    Trussher likes this.
    07-02-14 05:15 AM
692 ... 1617181920 ...